Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   How good will Josh Smith become? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 01:59 PM

How good will Josh Smith become?

Talk about Josh Smith's game, what he's good at, what he should become in the future

brooklynchild155 06-09-2006 02:51 PM

josh smith is the real deal. hes goin to become a black version of andre kirilenko.

hawkfan 06-09-2006 04:05 PM

Josh Smith

Hopefully he can improve his low post skills and become a franchise player.

He is very athletic and can control the defensive end with his shotblocking.

He also needs to improve his ballhandling.

But he made a huge amount of progress from his first year to his second year.

It would really help him, as well as the team, if there was a big body at center, someone who could clog up the lane allowing Smith to roam around and patrol the paint.

On offense, his jump shot improved a lot.

If he can improve his game like he did last year, hopefully that alone will add 5-6 more wins.

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 09:47 AM

I believe Josh Smith can become a 18ppg, 9 rpg, 2bpg type player. I don't know if he will ever be a go to guy in the clutch, but he could become a good no.3 option type of guy.

T21 06-14-2006 06:08 AM

No doubt he is going to turn into a star player, and sky is the limit for him!
I think we can soon expect him to average 15-20 pts, 10 rebs, 3-4 assts and 3 bpg... He can dominate the game in more thatn one dimension.
I don't know about you, but in a way he reminds me of Shawn Kemp (bright version)!

chains5000 06-15-2006 06:44 AM

He'll never be a 1st or 2nd option in offense, kinda like Marion. That's not bad for a player who was labeled as a bust...

tontoz 06-19-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

I believe Josh Smith can become a 18ppg, 9 rpg, 2bpg type player. I don't know if he will ever be a go to guy in the clutch, but he could become a good no.3 option type of guy.

18 pts may be a little high for him. I would say that may be his max potential. However he did show some very clutch 3 pt shooting the last two months of the season.

9 rbs per game is reasonable assuming he plays the 4. If he does play the 4 i think he can get 3 blocks per game with no problem.

sixty 07-01-2006 11:13 AM

Josh Smith will NOT become an All-Star untill he develops his outside game...

3rd player.

SecondFiddle 07-02-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondFiddle

This is the best post I have ever made

frankthetank966 07-02-2006 10:12 PM

Last year he said he was going to try and put up Andri Kirelenko stats

TRapsFan4Lyf 07-03-2006 04:02 AM

lol i honestly love josh smith and his game... hes a rly good shot blocker cuz his timing is so good, and he can get out on the open floor once he starts a fast break with those blocked shots.. he can also defend with those long arms, and he can rise over u and just dunk on u... short term, he needs to improve his jump shot more, up to far 2 or 3 pnt range, and long term he should develop a low post game and better handling skills

Greg Anthony 07-03-2006 01:07 PM

He is my favorite young player in the league if you noticed at the end of last year he began to shoot the 3 ball consitently. he will be at least a 5 year allstar,what puts him over the edge is his shot blocking and his versatility.

Hotlantadude81 07-04-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
josh smith is the real deal. hes goin to become a black version of andre kirilenko.

A slightly better version of what he is now. With his lack of jumpshot and ball handling ability I don't see him becoming a big time offensive player.

I see 12/7/2.5BLk from him in the future.

vmdv12 07-05-2006 12:30 AM

What's up Atlanta...this is a Bulls fan here. Josh Smith has game! I think he will only get better defensively. He plays with heart from what I've seen. His outside shot has been getting better which is a good thing. Just imagine if he gets a great mid range game!! He would be difficult to defend because of his explosiveness and length. He could pull up ....or blow right past you! He's awesome to watch!

djbrough 07-06-2006 02:38 PM

Quote:

I see 12/7/2.5BLk from him in the future

This is low-balling him. Josh averaged 11.3 ppg, 6.6rpg, and 2.6bpg this past season while only logging 31mpg. Almost zero plays were run for him on offense, and lot's of his points were generated by his defense. If he continues to work on all facets of his game and he improves at the same rate he did last year, Josh will be a 20/8/2.5 guy. If woody has any sense, he has a vet working with Josh on his footwork down low. With his vertical, he would be a terror (and much better than Harrington).