Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Jose Calderon (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84168)

PacerRaptor 04-14-2008 09:39 PM

Jose Calderon

Jose is a free agent in the offseason...this guy is an amazing PG. Ive watched him play many games in Toronto and personally I'd have him start over Ford. This is one guy the Pacers should go after in the offseason, maybe a sign-n-trade...

PersiaN 04-14-2008 10:07 PM

Re: Jose Calderon

I think he will remain a raptor...since its so multicultural and stuff it fits him better

PacerRaptor 04-14-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersiaN
I think he will remain a raptor...since its so multicultural and stuff it fits him better

I think he will too, but hes going to get a lot of offers and Torontos going to have to pay a high price to keep him

mateo31 04-14-2008 10:33 PM

This guy is a pretty good point guard. He can shoot, get into the lane, and rack up assists like crazy. It would be nice to see him in a Pacers uniform, but to my knowledge the Pacers have absolutely no cap space at all to sign him. The only feasible way would be (as previously mentioned by another poster) to work out some sort of sign and trade.

catzhernandez 04-14-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PersiaN

Nope, I really think he's gone. Just wait and see...

PacerRaptor 04-15-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Nope, I really think he's gone. Just wait and see...

what if he sign back Harrison, and send Shawne Williams and Harrison for Calderon...that'll fix our PG problem...we can be a backup and start, hes good at both position...if Tins is back and healthy, we can have him as a backup, if Tins is injured, as usual, he can start him....we just need some owners that arent scared to pay some luxury tax

jbot 04-15-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
what if he sign back Harrison, and send Shawne Williams and Harrison for Calderon.

is there enough of a drug scene up there for harrison and williams? calderon is a good player but him being a pacer is just wishful thinking.

i like our the players we have now in that spot(flip and diener).

InspiredLebowski 04-15-2008 03:55 PM

It'd be nice, but I don't see a way for it to happen. Calderon should and probably will get an offer for a deal that's more than Tinsley's so I don't see a trade possible. If we're going to try and trade for a starting PG it should be Lowry, Steve Blake, or Ridnour/Watson. In that order.

And we should be happy we've got owners who care about winning enough to spend right up to the cap. You can't justify going into the luxury tax when the franchise has been losing millions year after year. Sometimes we Pacer fans don't realize how good we have it with the Simons. If they'd ever sold when we were REALLY down in the late 80s/early 90s there's no way the Pacers would be here.