Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   playoff matchup set #1 LAL vs #8 DEN (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84511)

alexthegod 04-17-2008 02:59 AM

playoff matchup set #1 LAL vs #8 DEN

Thoughts?

CAAIDN 04-17-2008 06:23 AM

Re: playoff matchup set #1 LAL vs #8 DEN

Its gonna be tough, but interesting

paguy1955 04-17-2008 11:51 AM

AI and Melo can get their's....Camby will rebound...But the key to winning this series is ......JR......if he can average anywhere 20 PPG..the Nugs Can and WILL beat the Fakers(oops i mean Lakers):rockon:

francesco totti 04-17-2008 03:09 PM

already on my nerves..cant wait for sunday game.:rockon:

Geandily 04-17-2008 03:51 PM

Start J.R. on Kobe, the past few weeks hes been our best perimeter defender, I know it sounds crazy but I think J.R. should start on Kobe.

With a healthy Kenyon and Nene this series will be a whole different story from the regular season games...

KRAYZIE 04-17-2008 03:53 PM

We don't need to worry about Melo + AI playing well against LA because they both shoot around 50% against them this season and Camby is Camby, you know he is going to get you 8-10 points/10-20 rebounds every night. The key to beating them are players like:

-Kleiza: Needs to knockdown those open 3's he gets that he misses too much(like last years playoffs against San Antonio).

-JR: Needs to take ALOT better shots and should not force a shot even when their is a defender right in his face. JR might be the big X factor in this series, if he gets it going then I really like our chances..

-KMart: Since Bynum might not play, he should dominate the paint and rebound the ball like he did against Memphis.

-AC: Needs to hit those wide open shots that he gets all the time.

If they all step up then I say Denver in 6.
:party:

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol 04-17-2008 05:59 PM

Martin will kill the Lakers in the paint for sure.

And the only way you guys win this series is if you guys can play defense through all 7 games.

Droth24 04-17-2008 07:46 PM

Honestly, being a lakers fan scares me right now because denver can put up some points, i am looking forward to a very interesting series with these two teams.

CaptainOwlClub 04-18-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geandily
I know it sounds crazy but I think J.R. should start on Kobe.

that does not sound crazy

it sounds crazy that jr is the ONLY nugget rotation player NOT to start a game this year

karl should be on the hottest seat in pro basketball history when it comes to advancing in the playoffs- the truth is because of personal reasons karl has chosen not to use his roster to his advantage- he has chosen not to put the best possible nugget team out there- that is treason

shaoyut 04-18-2008 08:18 PM

is carmelo anthony playing?

Geandily 04-18-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaoyut
is carmelo anthony playing?

Uhhh, obviously?

francesco totti 04-19-2008 04:57 AM

Nene is doubtfoul for this game according to denver post.

AI needs to sort out his free throw shooting.This are easy baskets, and count alot at the end of the game.

Looking forward to the game, I cant focus on my lessons this weekend.My whole thought is on the match

lakers_fan4life 04-20-2008 04:04 PM

Here Comes Showtime!!!!!!!!

francesco totti 04-20-2008 06:48 PM

LA up 1 - 0..

terrible game by AI, Melo..
kleiza played perfect..

we miss too many free throws..its unbelievable.this are easy baskets we shouldnt ****ing miss.

Geandily 04-20-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti
LA up 1 - 0..

terrible game by AI, Melo..
kleiza played perfect..

we miss too many free throws..its unbelievable.this are easy baskets we shouldnt ****ing miss.

AI and Melo did pretty well, I don't know what you're talking about. Kleiza was good, Camby, Karl and AC were AWFUL