Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Golden State Warriors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy - trade them or keep them (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:06 PM

Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy - trade them or keep them

What do you think of Dunleavy and Murphy?

What's good and bad about each?

Which should be traded, and what type of players should be gotten in return?

traditionone 06-09-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
What do you think of Dunleavy and Murphy?

What's good and bad about each?

Which should be traded, and what type of players should be gotten in return?

Golden State is not going to win with either player on their roster. Dunleavy has been an underachiever. It's best for him to move on and find another place to call his basketball home.

Trade them both if Golden State can get picks + young players in return. Baron Davis must go first in my opinion. Derek Fisher, too if the right deal comes along. Basically, that is gutting the roster. I just put too many guys on the trading block.

xfactor99 06-09-2006 02:45 PM

On a playoff-caliber team, neither Murphy or Dunleavy are starters. They'd both make good 6th or 7th men off the bench, though.

It will be hard to move their contracts. Especially Dunleavy's, Mullin has signed some truly horrendous contracts the past few years *cough Foyle cough* :mad:

traditionone 06-09-2006 02:46 PM

I completely forgot about Foyle. I guess that happens when he doesn't get on the court anymore.

Does Golden State have any good contracts?

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 03:14 PM

Murphy is a damn good rebounder but Dunleavy is a bum.

SleepyCorpse 06-09-2006 08:52 PM

Trade them both , play the rookies and blow up the whole organization.

wally_world 06-10-2006 12:10 PM

let Dunleavy join his dad in the clippers! for Kaman??? they need a tough center...

lollol604 06-11-2006 07:52 AM

dunleavys got to go, hes had his chance there and is still pretty inconsistent with his play. murphy can stay, u don't give away big men that can put up 15 and 10

Rabs_One 06-20-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollol604
dunleavys got to go, hes had his chance there and is still pretty inconsistent with his play. murphy can stay, u don't give away big men that can put up 15 and 10

I think we should basically move the whole team exept for a few of the newbies. But realistically they should get rid of dunleavy, foyle n throw in one or two newbies get back a star n a throw in. Surely they could get sum1 like Maggette or Kaman from clippers, or even sumthing from the Knicks tradin block considering the overpayments of Foyle n Dunleavy

cantfindanname 06-24-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor99
On a playoff-caliber team, neither Murphy or Dunleavy are starters. They'd both make good 6th or 7th men off the bench, though.

It will be hard to move their contracts. Especially Dunleavy's, Mullin has signed some truly horrendous contracts the past few years *cough Foyle cough* :mad:

murphy wouldn't start over kenny thomas of the sacramento kings? or the chicago bulls over mike sweetney?

KnicksFan4Life 06-25-2006 11:39 AM

The Warriors need a tough center/shot blocker to help on the defensive end. They dont need any guards, because they already have 2 superstar guards (Baron Davis, Jason Richardson). Marcus Camby would be a great addition to their team.:banana:

bruindre 06-27-2006 10:21 AM

Bottom line is this: The players with the most trade value (from the point of view of other teams) are Jason Richardson (who, IMO, is untouchable if your the Warriors) and Troy Murphy. Murph puts up numbers that are worth the price of his contract.

Dunleavy, on the other hand, is going to be difficult to move, considering the contract extention he signed before last season. His contract is your proverbial 'poison pill'.

Personally, I think if the W's are going to be successful, they need players that will remain dedicated on the defensive end of the ball--neither Dunleavy or Murphy is that type of player.

In other words...I say trade 'em both. Dunleavy has, as traditionone said, has underachieved and can probably use a change of venue to try to reinvent his NBA career. Murphy, while decent offensively (even though he has a rather low FG% for a PF), hurts the Warriors defensively. Besides, the W's have Ike Diogu in the wings to take over the PF spot. If you can get value, trade Murph as well.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 06-30-2006 12:02 AM

hopefully trade them for a tougher center to get big pat tougher!

lawlerslaw100 07-04-2006 12:19 AM

Murphy > Dunleavy

Tyson Chandler and K Mart are on the trading block and Murphy has
the most value in a trade. As for idea of Kaveman for Dun Jr, Dun Sr
and Elder Baylor would have that trade rejected by Donald T Sterling.
The salaries dont match and Kaveman is still on his rookie contract.
Plus the Kaveman is a talented big man and one of the few solid
Cs in the game today. You dont trade a good big man for a SF/SG.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-04-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfactor99

I totally agree.....after this contract no one would even give foyle a minimum annual contract ......