Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cavs/Wizards series thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84651)

mlh1981 04-17-2008 10:41 PM

Cavs/Wizards series thread

Post your thought on this series.

I'm gonna go with Cavs in 7. They don't have an answer for King James, who will have had a chance to rest and heal up. Wally has played a little bit better, and some of our older guys, like Z and Wallace will be fresh and ready to go, I feel.

The guy on Washington that worries me the most is Caron Butler. He has shown a lot of improvement over the past few years. Him, Arenas, and Jamison will get their points, but I like our matchup at the center spot, where I believe that Ilgauskas can really step it up. Haywood is an inconsistent, foul prone player. I hope Mike Brown can utilize this mismatch, because I believe we are much better equipped at this position.

I don't have a problem with the comments of some of the Wizards. Nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly banter. We have too many guys in the NBA who give the predictable quotes. Let them talk. Nothing Arenas/Stevenson say should be taken seriously anyway. Both guys are rather eccentric. I think LeBron will come out fired up, though. We have had their number the past 2 seasons in the postseason. Having LeBron, who is a far better player than any of the trio from Wash. and an advantage at the center spot will propel us to victory. We need more than just 1-2 people getting double digits in points, though. I think West has played very well and is capable of stepping up. I look for him to be an "x factor."

1~Gibson~1 04-17-2008 10:52 PM

Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Post your thought on this series.

I'm gonna go with Cavs in 7. They don't have an answer for King James, who will have had a chance to rest and heal up. Wally has played a little bit better, and some of our older guys, like Z and Wallace will be fresh and ready to go, I feel.

The guy on Washington that worries me the most is Caron Butler. He has shown a lot of improvement over the past few years. Him, Arenas, and Jamison will get their points, but I like our matchup at the center spot, where I believe that Ilgauskas can really step it up. Haywood is an inconsistent, foul prone player. I hope Mike Brown can utilize this mismatch, because I believe we are much better equipped at this position.

I don't have a problem with the comments of some of the Wizards. Nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly banter. We have too many guys in the NBA who give the predictable quotes. Let them talk. Nothing Arenas/Stevenson say should be taken seriously anyway. Both guys are rather eccentric. I think LeBron will come out fired up, though. We have had their number the past 2 seasons in the postseason. Having LeBron, who is a far better player than any of the trio from Wash. and an advantage at the center spot will propel us to victory. We need more than just 1-2 people getting double digits in points, though. I think West has played very well and is capable of stepping up. I look for him to be an "x factor."

Cavs in 5

Edited...........

Washington @ Cleveland-Cleveland Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-Washington Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-Cleveland Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-X

Washington @ Cleveland-X

InLebronWeTrust 04-18-2008 12:33 AM

I would just like to say..

I hate Gilbert Arenas?

Whiteness 04-21-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
I would just like to say..

I hate Gilbert Arenas?

Save the smack talk for the Wizards and their fans. I believe they're going to be using it tonight. I predict a hellacious victory by the Wizards tonight. I just have that feeling. Teams like the Wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row. Hopefully Big Z will step up and the Cavs will play some serious ball.

InLebronWeTrust 04-21-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteness
Save the smack talk for the Wizards and their fans. I believe they're going to be using it tonight. I predict a hellacious victory by the Wizards tonight. I just have that feeling. Teams like the Wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row. Hopefully Big Z will step up and the Cavs will play some serious ball.

"Teams like the wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row."

Really??? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't happen. But they've actually lost their last seven games to the Cavs in the post season I believe. How's it smack?? I'm just saying I hate him. He wants everyone to have sympathy for this somber college story on why his number is 0. Who gives a sh it? Not me. And I'm actually glad him and Stevenson are calling LeBron out. It's gonna do the same thing that Bosh's girl did in Toronto.. it's gonna cost him. Plain in simple.

Cavaliers in 6.

Oh and by the way.. I don't care how bad Cleveland could possibly be, but how can analysts keep undermining this team? Any team with LeBron on it is dangerous, but yet I've yet to see an analyst even calling us winning. Oh well.. gotta love being the underdog right?

Whiteness 04-21-2008 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiteness

Boy was I wrong... This is just disgusting... in a good way.

and most of those games you refer to, were fairly close games... coming down to the 4th... not like this at all

CAAIDN 04-21-2008 09:47 PM

Congrats to you guys :applause: :bowdown:

InLebronWeTrust 04-21-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
"Teams like the wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row."

Really??? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't happen. But they've actually lost their last seven games to the Cavs in the post season I believe. How's it smack?? I'm just saying I hate him. He wants everyone to have sympathy for this somber college story on why his number is 0. Who gives a sh it? Not me. And I'm actually glad him and Stevenson are calling LeBron out. It's gonna do the same thing that Bosh's girl did in Toronto.. it's gonna cost him. Plain in simple.

Cavaliers in 6.

Oh and by the way.. I don't care how bad Cleveland could possibly be, but how can analysts keep undermining this team? Any team with LeBron on it is dangerous, but yet I've yet to see an analyst even calling us winning. Oh well.. gotta love being the underdog right?

Whats up Arenas? I sure loved the ejection too btw.
44 points off our bench?!! Say what??
And Ben Wallace almost had 10 points?

Gotta love it baby!