Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Do you miss Ron Artest? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=850)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:09 PM

Do you miss Ron Artest?

Do you miss Ron Artest?

Or not

bigboi_baller 06-11-2006 01:31 PM

its weird how no1 wants to say they miss artest, indiana knows they want artest back..they r missin

Ballings10 06-11-2006 03:37 PM

Ron's the guy that gave the team an extra level. Some stuff w/ the media and JO, it was best for he and the team to part ways. Ron realizing into the season, that it just wasn't going to work, thus demanding to be traded. I tend to agree with the situation.

I certainly hope the Pacers get back to a high level again, they're not too far. I've liked the Pacers for awhile.

PacerRaptor 06-12-2006 02:29 AM

Rons good, but he plays with too many emotions, and at times it catches up to him, especially in the playoffs, we've seen this with the pacers and with the kings (when he was elbowing everyone)...

Ballings10 06-12-2006 03:58 PM

Everyone? That's a ridiculous exaggeration.

He elbowed Ginobili once in G1, that's it. Where there wasn't even a flagrant called. The other elbow was just him lunging/battling after a rebound and Duncan happened to be there when he did. Ginobili elbowed Ron even worse right in the mouth out of frustration because of Ron's tenacity in going after the ball. I thought he had a good playoff series.

Other than 1 or 2 days after that game, in general it hasn't stuck and hasn't been talked about in general since the day or two after.

bigboi_baller 06-15-2006 12:03 PM

yeh the elbow thing was overblown, it was so stupid. ginoboli took a much harder shot at ron earlier in the game. but artest is black and hasa reputations.

aero 06-30-2006 04:00 AM

I dont miss him at all, Ive wanted Peja in Indiana ever since he came into the leauge. When i heard Peja was coming to Indy I was sooooo happy. This year will be his first full year here in indy (should he re-sign with the pacers) If he stays healthy i think he could really show everyone that he's still got it

sixty 07-03-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero
I dont miss him at all, Ive wanted Peja in Indiana ever since he came into the leauge. When i heard Peja was coming to Indy I was sooooo happy. This year will be his first full year here in indy (should he re-sign with the pacers) If he stays healthy i think he could really show everyone that he's still got it

This year the Pacers will be happy to make the playoffs.

PHXsunsROCK1105 07-03-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aero

Peja didn't do much for the team.

live05 07-03-2006 02:11 PM

Peja was horrible and I'm glad he signed with NO/Oklahoma. He is terribly over-rated and chokes under pressure. As for Ronnie I miss his defence and his energy but not all the other BS that he brought to the pacers.