Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What Team Should I Use? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85814)

The Italian 04-26-2008 11:22 PM

What Team Should I Use?

What team do you guys think I should use in NBA 2K8's Association mode?

I want a team to fix up/rebuild and am just unsure who to use. What teams have you guys enjoyed rebuilding?

I have a Toronto Association that I play but I want to use a team that requires some work to be a playoff team.

evinecz 04-26-2008 11:27 PM

Re: What Team Should I Use?

Use the Nuggets, and build around Iverson. Get rid of K-mart, he's worthless. :cheers:

Cannonball 04-27-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Italian
What team do you guys think I should use in NBA 2K8's Association mode?

I want a team to fix up/rebuild and am just unsure who to use. What teams have you guys enjoyed rebuilding?

I have a Toronto Association that I play but I want to use a team that requires some work to be a playoff team.

bobcats

Gerald Wallace
Jason Richardson
Okafor

good core just needs a PG and Center

benJAMin 04-28-2008 09:51 AM

Blazers maybe? Great young core there with Roy, Aldridge, Oden etc.

bdreason 05-06-2008 03:48 AM

Blazers are a solid starting team. Lots of young players and ability to move people around. The Magic are also a solid starting team. I'm currently using the Grizzlies; built around Gasol and three point shooting.

Here is a tip; always make a trade with GS, Bobcats, or Philly in the beginning. All of these teams have available cap space so you can dump big veteran contracts + draft picks for young talent. You can also use these teams to just clear cap space for the future. After season 1 and 2 there are some great free agents available including Arenas and LeBron. You really have to work that cap space to make a big signing though.

Mathius 05-06-2008 06:27 PM

<shrug> When I play, I play MY team. When I sim? God, I jump around to all different teams. After a while it just gets old when you don't know any of the players anymore because all the real ones retired and all you have left are sim'ed ones.

I usually win at least a few championships sim'ing, and I've only been fired once (the Lakers).

My latest beef with 2K8 is you can't change player positions, and if you trade guys and don't edit their playing time, the computer won't play them, so for example when I play the Lakers, Gasol gets taken out right away and doesn't come back because Bynum is their center, and when I play the Mavs, Jason Kidd got pulled and not put back in because I forgot to edit his minutes.

Does anyone else think that the PS2 version of 2K8 got really pastel with the colors? The Cavs wine has an almost pink look to it. It's really annoying.

Mathius

El Kabong 05-07-2008 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathius
<shrug> When I play, I play MY team. When I sim? God, I jump around to all different teams. After a while it just gets old when you don't know any of the players anymore because all the real ones retired and all you have left are sim'ed ones.

I usually win at least a few championships sim'ing, and I've only been fired once (the Lakers).

My latest beef with 2K8 is you can't change player positions, and if you trade guys and don't edit their playing time, the computer won't play them, so for example when I play the Lakers, Gasol gets taken out right away and doesn't come back because Bynum is their center, and when I play the Mavs, Jason Kidd got pulled and not put back in because I forgot to edit his minutes.

Does anyone else think that the PS2 version of 2K8 got really pastel with the colors? The Cavs wine has an almost pink look to it. It's really annoying.

Mathius

You can change player positions. You edit the player and in the first option (Player details I think) is where you can change it. They have a primary position and a secondary position.

ukballer 05-07-2008 06:00 AM

I love to go for a challenge and try to bring an underdog team up in any of my NBA games (I don't currently own 2K8). I tend to choose my favourite team the Bobcats and build around J-Rich, Crash Wallace and Meka, whilst trying to strengthen my bench as well. First thing I often do though is look for a replacement for Felton. He's good, but I want better!

Nets fan 93 05-07-2008 07:55 PM

Dont use the nets There is no way to resign Harris:cry: Use the 76ers I had Iggy and king James Once no lie no force trades either

Mathius 05-07-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Kabong
You can change player positions. You edit the player and in the first option (Player details I think) is where you can change it. They have a primary position and a secondary position.

Not in the PS2 version.

Mathius

evinecz 05-07-2008 09:24 PM

PS2 sucks dude..

cartmanclone 05-08-2008 10:19 AM

Grizzlies...

Mathius 05-08-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evinecz
PS2 sucks dude..

Not from where I'm sitting. There's still a bunch of games from the PS2 I want to play yet.

I'm not shelling out $500 for a PS2, and I'm not buying crap from Microsoft. Bill Gates doesn't need anymore money and I'm not supporting anyone who build Windows.

Mathius

Maniak 05-08-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathius

OH, so you can edit the minutes

this helps me....alot

King of the D 05-08-2008 09:47 PM

I used the pistons not only because they are my home team but because they have a good bench with a good starting line to go with it.