Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Do the Bobcats need a big summer splash? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860)

traditionone 06-09-2006 03:17 PM

Do the Bobcats need a big summer splash?

Front office changes, ticket sales down. Do the Bobcats need to make a big splash to make a playoff push now to improve their bottom line? Can they afford to build slowly through the draft without signing impact free agents?

Timmeh 06-09-2006 03:22 PM

making a big signing over the summer will improve the team by a good margin fast, would they make the playoffs, i doubt it with as good as the east is getting...their best bet is to probably get some good players out of the draft, work with them and make build their team for the long run

traditionone 06-09-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
making a big signing over the summer will improve the team by a good margin fast, would they make the playoffs, i doubt it with as good as the east is getting...their best bet is to probably get some good players out of the draft, work with them and make build their team for the long run

From a pure basketball standpoint, that is the best way to go, but from a business needs perspective, the Bobcats needs to generate excitement quick.

Plus, I've got say this. Orange? :wtf:

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 03:39 PM

The Bobcats should just keep doin what there doin.

Heretik32 06-10-2006 07:37 AM

Bobcats should be great this season if they all stay healty and Felton and Okafor develop as expected. I fear Wallace has hit his ceiling, but I'll gladly be surprised.

2LeTTeRS KD 06-10-2006 11:04 AM

There's not really any big free agent's this year to throw bucketloads of money too. The marquee free agents are Wilcox, Flip Murray, Ben Wallace (who won't come here), Peja, and Al Harrington. When you think that since its so bare that these players will all require to be overpaid just because they are the best in a mediocre class and you realize that its just not worth it to bring any of them over.

traditionone 06-10-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heretik32
Bobcats should be great this season if they all stay healty and Felton and Okafor develop as expected. I fear Wallace has hit his ceiling, but I'll gladly be surprised.

Wallace has to improve his outside shooting. He has surpassed all my expectations of him though.

BlackMoses 06-12-2006 08:55 PM

I would be really dissapointed if they signed an overpriced free agent this offseason. Wierd metaphor ahead, the Bobcats have franchise cap "virginity" at this point, why give it up to a mediocre free-agent class? NO, they should develop their current talent and make a move next off season if necessary.

Timmeh 06-12-2006 09:08 PM

well, we dont really need ben wallace because we have okafor/may/brezec, it would'nt hurt to get wilcox, he could be a solid PF and that would give us may/brezec as a could C/PF tandem off the bench, but wilcox would probably want too much money

peja would be a nice nice nice addition, but theres no chance in hell that's happening

SRILK 06-13-2006 12:57 PM

i give you tim thomas for gerald wallace, okay?
you 'll have outside shoot, we'll have D