Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   you are the GM (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86130)

CaptainOwlClub 04-29-2008 03:33 PM

you are the GM

you are the gm- what do you do?

Geandily 04-29-2008 05:45 PM

Re: you are the GM

Until there's a coaching change I don't think any players should be traded.

KRAYZIE 04-29-2008 07:50 PM

1st thing I'd do is get rid of the useless coach.
2nd: Do everything to try and keep AI, Melo, Kleiza, + J.R..and maybe Khouba because he is kool like dat. :cheers:
3rd: Get rid of players like KMart :( , Camby :cry: ,Nene :(, AC:ohwell: , and Chucky Atkins(thank god).:lol

Then, try and sign Andre Miller back for the point guard situation which has been looking horrible for Denver. I'm pretty sure that Andre Miller is still bitter towards Karl and that they haven't spoken to each other ever since the trade, but if they can get rid of Karl then maybe he'll want to come back. I hear Andre Miller has a sweet tooth, maybe Denver can try to bribe him and send him some soft baked butter-scotch chocolate chip cookies that say "We're Sorry" or "We miss you, and we're so desperate, won't you please come back?".

Next, try to get free agent Antawn Jamison who is a productive lowpost scorer with great outside game to replace Nene/KMart....this guy is 6'9, averaging 21 ppg, 10 rpg, and can shoot from the 3-pt line. :bowdown:
In other words, he can do everything Nene and KMart, but better! Yup, you won't be seeing this guy missing nearly entire games each and every season due to injuries. Did I mention he can shoot the 3's?

Last, but not least, maybe try and sign Ron Artest? I know he isn't the most popular guy out there, but this guy is a great defender and can definetly shoot the ball. If they do bring him in, then at least we all won't have to suffer through AC having to guard the opposing teams best player anymore. :cheers:

This whole thing brings Denver's luxury tax for next year at around $500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000..., but who cares because the owner is filthy rich, right?:D

If they do what I've posted then next year Denver = Championship..(or get out of the 1st round, but only to get swept in the 2nd..JK).
:party:

CaptainOwlClub 04-30-2008 06:36 PM

geandily, do you just think that the coaching is way more important as a first step- or do you believe the current roster is fine with a new coach?

on antawn jamison- i agree that he is a very good player and he is solid from the outside- but i would see that as a move despite melo again instead of to complement him- my thougts are that both jamison and melo would need to be in the same spots on the floor to be succesful- not the perfect match imo- and he may be too dificult to aquire- how do the nugs aquire him?

and no jamison cant do everything nene can- nene gives us our only lowpost offense and can play both c&pf- jamison is a pf in the east but i reality he is a more of a pf-sf tweener-

i still believe that the most important peice needed to add to the nugs is a point gaurd- if we could only bring in one elite player it should be a pg

p.s. mark jackson may now be my #2 candidate for hc now that d'antoni may be available

does anyone else see kirk hinrich as the perfect fit at pg? or is there another gaurd you see as a better fit all around?

once again i dont see bringing andre back as the perfect solution- his major flaws here were that he can not shoot from the outside, wich allows teams to double the post with no hesitation- also on offense andre is a post up pg- which you dont have room for with melo or nene down there-

does anyone make sense of my point about the franchise keeping melo as the "rookie" for way too long by surrounding him with vets with something to prove-

Mile High Crew 05-01-2008 07:33 PM

Top 10

1. Resign J.R. Smith

2. Focus on draft with 1st rnd. 20th pick, get Roy Hibbert (C from Georgetown) if he's not available, get Brandon Rush (SF/SG from Kansas),

3. Need to let go Camby, Najera, Carter, and maybe Diawara.

4. Go after a good undrafted free agent in a Josh Duncan (PF from Xavier), David Padgett (C from Louisville), Lorenzo Mata-Real (PF from UCLA) and/or Sasha Kaun (C from Kansas). We need big guys and these guys can play.

5. Keep A.I. this year. He may be aging, but we need him to help out Melo, so their are less double teams.

6. Go after Andre Miller because he may not be able to shoot the three's, but he can do the intangibles that gives A.I. and Melo the chance to get easy baskets. If you are trying to play defense why do you need another scorer?

7. The maturing J.R. Smith and Linas Kleiza should help the Nuggets off the bench.

8. Need to improve three point range, with Chucky coming back that shouldn't be a problem and J.R. and Kleiza should be able to improve their perimeter shooting this offseason to get a better percentage.

9. Jose Calderon would be a nice addition for the Nuggets bench to back up Andre Miller.

10. Next Years Line Up
C- Nene/Roy Hibbert/Sasha Kaun
PF- Kenyon Martin/Josh Duncan/Lorenzo Mata-Real
SF- Camelo Anthony/Linas Kleiza
SG- Allen Iverson/J.R. Smith/Chucky Atkins
PG- Andre Miller/Jose Calderon

CaptainOwlClub 05-02-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Top 10

1. Resign J.R. Smith

2. Focus on draft with 1st rnd. 20th pick, get Roy Hibbert (C from Georgetown) if he's not available, get Brandon Rush (SF/SG from Kansas),

3. Need to let go Camby, Najera, Carter, and maybe Diawara.

4. Go after a good undrafted free agent in a Josh Duncan (PF from Xavier), .

9. Jose Calderon would be a nice addition for the Nuggets bench to back up Andre Miller.

10. Next Years Line Up
C- Nene/Roy Hibbert/Sasha Kaun
PF- Kenyon Martin/Josh Duncan/Lorenzo Mata-Real
SF- Camelo Anthony/Linas Kleiza
SG- Allen Iverson/J.R. Smith/Chucky Atkins
PG- Andre Miller/Jose Calderon

i love where your head is at in knowing jr is very important to retain- as well as making sure we use the draft this year- i like hibbert, but personally dont see brandon rush as someone who can make an impact for the nugs- i really hope that the nugs do anything possible to bring in 2 or more rookies- westbrook is the perfect future nug, and there may be a good group of bigs with hibbert or ajinca and maybe dorsey- this is the year we need to get younger

why get rid of najera? and i definitly dont want to just give camby away- i think he may be the key piece needed to move iverson and kmart, but i dont think he should be given away- i also would like to see diawara brought back as long as the price is right

i really really like your pick of josh duncan- i see him as a combo of klieza and a carlos boozer- duncan could definitly fit in on the nugs as a pf or even some sf- i love ucla and mata-real, but im not sure he is an nba player(i hope he is)

as far as pg i dont see any way possible to aquire both andre and calderon- im not sure either will be attainable- in a time where everyone seems to want a pg, both of these players are likely thought of as top 10 point gaurds and we would be lucky to grab one(prefferably calderon)- philly will likely try hard to resign andre nd the raptors have said over and over that they will resign calderon at any cost

iverson does not help keep any double teams away from melo as he is not a shooter- the way to keep some double teams away from melo imo would be playing jr or even klieza and another player that can make a 3 at pg-

thanks for your well thought out response, i really like some of your thoughts(i really wondered if i was the only josh duncan fan)

Geandily 05-02-2008 04:33 AM

Next season is going to be another disappointment unless we get a new coach. Boycotting the games next year, not going to buy a single ticket.

meanmonster 05-04-2008 05:11 AM

George Karl is a great coach. When you have knuckleheads getting drunk before playoffs start and getting in trouble with the law makes you wonder... cant blame the coaching for a knucklehead.

CaptainOwlClub 05-23-2008 07:20 PM

bringing in calderon, andre miller, artest or any other big name player would seem nearly impossible without giving too much up- maybe im wrong, just my opinion
-if this team had to be broken up.. this is what i believe would be best & finanially correct- i wont waste your time with the trades just to tell you that it would be complicated( and maybe or not realistic)- but every other team (IMO) would be happier than the nugs- & the numbers are perfect
*= could be replaced by 3 others- watson, ridnour, mo williams
#= sign&trade
camby d lee
iverson j james
kmart j jeffries
najera# hinrich *
diawara# gadzurich
b jones simmons
chucky nachbar
hunter KVH
3 fut 1's #6,8 or 10
#22,24or 32

would that group be enough in exchnge(keeping in mind that to make a trade you usually have to take peices other teams dont want- like simmons& his 9 mill)

i have the perfect 3 draft picks still *westbrook, ajinca(7-1 pf/c france), joey dorsey- & the 1 fa i bring in is gerald green& we cut j james and the kvh contract

imo building around a core of 4 players should be tried- melo, nene, jr, & klieza- the players i got im my dream trade give the roster perfect balance and a chance to become a real team

hinrich-westbrook- the best chance to convince karl to try to coach this team is to get him the 2 perfect gaurds to coach-he would love everything about how westbrook acts and plays- hinrich could serve as an extension of karl-im not saying why, but you know karl would at least talk to hinrich-

2-4 gives the nuggets by far the most unmatchupable lineup possible- jr, melo, klieza with david lee, j jeffries, nachbar, simmons& gerald green- this is a perfect group of players, imo lee would start and play between melo & nene, but jeffries could be a defensive stopper at the 2, 3, & 4 spot, and nachbar brings a great 3 point shot at over 6-10- green fills jr's gunner off the bench role& could be perfect to add to the running game

5- and 4/5- NENE- the future is in your hands- gadzurich could easily fill in and play capably if needed- i love the french prospect ajinca and think he would be a perfect longterm complement to nene- i also think joey dorsey is perfect to bring in as your pf/c d-head- this guy will be ready on day 1 to make whatever impact he does on this league- it may be huge

the defensive problem imo is lo longer an issue if you bring in all or nearly all defensive players- hinrich, lee,simmons & gadzurich- i think jeffries is hugely underrated after getting buried in ny, the guy would be a defensive star in fast moving system(me may start at pf if he didnt also cover the 2 -westbrook and dorsey are the 2 best defensive players in the draft-

the reason im nearly sure that this deal could be made is that it fixes 4 teams even better than us, & i would be willing to accept plan b,c, or d also- instead of a- hinrich i would accept b- ridnour c-earl watson or d-mo williams

so this still may not win it all, but i would be willing to bet the future on nene & westbrook, because i believe that melo the perfect piece to build around and i think jr will be an all-star multiple times

this roster has no holes and allows us to compete immidiatly and egitimatly for the next 8-10 years

hinrich/westbrook
jr/j jeffries/green
melo/klieza/simmons
d lee/nachbar/dorsey
nene/gadzurich/ajinca

defense/shooting/depth& likely teamwork- all improved dramatically- imo there is no way you can put a better roster together without melo

the future of this roster is finding a third pg and another big sometime- the futre of a roster that could be put together with other players could be ugly-

if this was a waste of your time to read, who cares-you should have stopped earlier- i hope somebody will give some feedback on if they would take that roster IF there had to be a shakeup or if lawson, iverson, jefferson team is a better option