Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Free Agency, trades, and the draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86866)

Mile High Crew 05-05-2008 04:48 PM

Free Agency, trades, and the draft

There is no doubt that the nuggets are going to let go some big name players this offseason. Camby has a high chance of leaving because of his contract, A.I. may opt out and may or may not resign because i don't think Mr. Kroenke will want to resign an aging player that hasn't really helped this team get out of the first round of the playoffs. Najera may leave depending on his willingness to get paid less. Diawara is probably on watch by many teams because of his great defensive abilities (even though i hope he stays because he has potential). Carmelo is likely to stay, but he needs to become more of a leader, by putting the team before himelf. The draft is key for the nuggets in order to get where they want to go for the future, I like Roy Hibbert if we lose Camby. The single most important thing on the nuggets list is to resign J.R. Smith. This is going to be one exciting offseason for the Nuggets, all true Nuggets fan should be really excited about it.

paguy1955 05-06-2008 03:17 PM

Re: Free Agency, trades, and the draft

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
There is no doubt that the nuggets are going to let go some big name players this offseason. Camby has a high chance of leaving because of his contract, A.I. may opt out and may or may not resign because i don't think Mr. Kroenke will want to resign an aging player that hasn't really helped this team get out of the first round of the playoffs. Najera may leave depending on his willingness to get paid less. Diawara is probably on watch by many teams because of his great defensive abilities (even though i hope he stays because he has potential). Carmelo is likely to stay, but he needs to become more of a leader, by putting the team before himelf. The draft is key for the nuggets in order to get where they want to go for the future, I like Roy Hibbert if we lose Camby. The single most important thing on the nuggets list is to resign J.R. Smith. This is going to be one exciting offseason for the Nuggets, all true Nuggets fan should be really excited about it.

AI is NOT NOT NOT going anywhere. point A : Many teams do not have the cap space to sign him...Makes 20 million next season.... Point B; Do You think he is gonna sign for the veteran minimum to attept to win a ring with another team( a little over a million)

And he is opting out on his last year to get a 3 yr deal for less money with the Nuggets.:applause:

BTW whan impact players are gonna be available at the 20th pick?

KRAYZIE 05-06-2008 03:24 PM

It's all good as long as AI + J.R. don't leave and Karl gets replaced by Avery Johnson.:rockon: :rockon:

CaptainOwlClub 05-20-2008 04:21 AM

i still want hope that if camby is traded it isnt just to dump salary-

i think we have to somehow trade into the top 10 of the draft- i like r westbrook pg from ucla alot- he fits perfect with iverson, jr, or melo-he is the best defensive point gaurd i have ever seen come out of college

impact players at 20 do seem slim (depending on what you consider impact) i really like alexis ajinca a 7-1 c from france- i think this guy is perfect with or to replace camby and would be a perfect long term match up front with nene

can we use najera and diawara in trades if they are leaving anyway?

paguy1955 05-20-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i still want hope that if camby is traded it isnt just to dump salary-

i think we have to somehow trade into the top 10 of the draft- i like r westbrook pg from ucla alot- he fits perfect with iverson, jr, or melo-he is the best defensive point gaurd i have ever seen come out of college

impact players at 20 do seem slim (depending on what you consider impact) i really like alexis ajinca a 7-1 c from france- i think this guy is perfect with or to replace camby and would be a perfect long term match up front with nene

can we use najera and diawara in trades if they are leaving anyway?

If a player is in Free agency--you CANNOT trade him until you resign him!

CaptainOwlClub 05-20-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paguy1955
If a player is in Free agency--you CANNOT trade him until you resign him!

you are right - i wish i would have phrased that differently- do you guys think that there is any chance to s&t najera or yakouba with another player or alone? would the knicks want a guy like najera? seems like both could be valuble peices in big trades- for the record i want najera coming back, i just wonder