Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Carmelo Anthony (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87374)

blazerjimmy 05-10-2008 09:42 AM

Carmelo Anthony

Just read that he's potentially available.....any interest from BlazerLand???

What if anything would you give up for him???

One of my best friends, also a Blazer fan has been stationed in Colorado for about four years now - he can't stand Anthony.

I'm not a big fan of some of his off-court crap - ESPECIALLY the freaking DUI, but from a basketball viewpoint........he is a pretty special player...ON the court........of course someone at Blazer Inc was probably saying the same thing about Rasheed Wallace 10-12 years ago!!!!!!

Not saying that we should get him or that I want to get him, just curious what other Blazer Fans think.

Myth 05-10-2008 02:57 PM

Re: Carmelo Anthony

Carmelo has had worse stuff in the news than the DUI, thats just his worst recently. Anyway, he doesn't fit our culture, so absolutely not.

KNOW1EDGE 05-10-2008 02:58 PM

I dont think any Blazer fans would want him, he is a Thug, and he would rejuvinate the "JailBlazer" tag. We dont want that. There is no chance in he11 we would get him, KP has already said it 100x that he wants to bring in high character guys, Carmelo is not a high character guy.

Melo is a great player, a superstar and IMO a top 10 player in the NBA. But he doesnt fit into our plans.

blazerjimmy 05-11-2008 09:58 AM

"THUG" - that's perfect - that's the favorite word of my buddy in Colorado - the Denver Thuggettes!!!!

I absolutely agree with both of you - was just wanting to get some discussion going here - was curious to see if any Blazer fans would actually be in favor of bringing him over.........guess not.

BlazersDozen 05-12-2008 07:14 PM

Keep Carmello out of Portland. He's lazy and a thug.

NEXT!

Renegade 05-13-2008 09:22 AM

A player with Anthony's abilities is always desirable, however his offcourt problems dilute his talents. Since entering the NBA, Anthony has been the subject of numerous controversies:

- In 2004 Anthony was cited for marijuana possession after inspectors at Denver International Airport found marijuana in his backpack. Charges were later dropped after Anthony’s friend, James Cunningham, of St. Louis, signed an affidavit taking responsibility for the marijuana.

- In 2004, Anthony appeared in a video entitled, Stop Snitchin', which warned that residents of Baltimore who collaborated with the police would face violence.

- In 2006, Anthony’s friend, Tyler Brandon Smith, was pulled over in Anthony’s vehicle and cited for marijuana possession and three traffic violations.

- In 2006, Anthony was involved in the infamous Knicks-Nuggets brawl during a game at Madison Square Garden. He was suspended 15 games as a result.

- On April 14, 2008, Anthony was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after being pulled over for weaving through lanes and not dimming his lights. Anthony, who was alone in the car, failed a series of sobriety tests. He was ticketed and then released at police headquarters to a "sober responsible party."

Myth 05-13-2008 10:55 AM

He got a ticket for speeding just 3 weeks later.

He was also a poor sport and a bad representative during the 2004 Olympics.

blazerjimmy 05-17-2008 03:39 PM

Holy smokes - I'd completely forgotten about the Knicks brawl!!!!! I gave Nuggetts fans crap about that for months!!!!! Who was it he smacked and then ran from????

BlazersDozen 05-19-2008 07:17 PM

Mardy Collins