Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pacers fan with a modest proposal (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87984)

InspiredLebowski 05-16-2008 01:08 AM

Pacers fan with a modest proposal

IND Receives:
Adrian Griffin
#24 pick in 08 draft

SEA Receives:
Ike Diogu

What do you guys think, any interest from your side?

catzhernandez 05-16-2008 08:03 PM

Re: Pacers fan with a modest proposal

WHAT??

Get the f*ck out of town with that crap.

I know the draft is deep, but not THAT deep. Griffin is cut, so that doesn't even matter. We cut a little bit of salary for a rookie, who isn't even gonna be as good as Diogu. Ike is still going to be a good player, why give up on him already? He's produced in minutes.

InspiredLebowski 05-16-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
WHAT??

Get the f*ck out of town with that crap.

I know the draft is deep, but not THAT deep. Griffin is cut, so that doesn't even matter. We cut a little bit of salary for a rookie, who isn't even gonna be as good as Diogu. Ike is still going to be a good player, why give up on him already? He's produced in minutes.

As far as Griffin, any rookie-esque contract can be used, insert the player. And because I don't like Ike lol. He's solid, but he isn't what we need, he doesn't provide any defense. This Jim O'Brien offense is centered on the perimeter and while Ike has a fairly solid post-game, this offense doesn't put but 1 player on the block. This provides a good kick out shot, except Ike looks like a deer in headlights when he gets double-teamed and does NOT pass out of the post, nullifying the open jumpshot. I'd like to try and get a late 1st to try and get a guy like DJ White, Jason Thompson, Richard Hendrix. Or if we go big with our first pick (Kevin Love, which I'd really like), target a guy like Mario Chalmers, Ty Lawson, or maybe a Brandon Rush or Courtney Lee.

PS: Where the hell are the Sonics fans!?

RainierBeachPoet 05-16-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

PS: Where the hell are the Sonics fans!?

we are prepping for a court date to keep the sonics in seattle!!!

i have always liked ike-- i would take the trade

lets go one step further-- pacer fans interested in ANY of our bigs (swift, petro or sene?

what would you offer?

InspiredLebowski 05-18-2008 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
we are prepping for a court date to keep the sonics in seattle!!!

i have always liked ike-- i would take the trade

lets go one step further-- pacer fans interested in ANY of our bigs (swift, petro or sene?

what would you offer?

Meh. I like Sene for being 22ish years old and arms as long as his legs, but I wouldn't really give up anything for him. Maybe David Harrison, who'll be a free agent anyway most likely. Maybe Diogu and a 2nd rounder for Sene and your #24.

catzhernandez 05-18-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Meh. I like Sene for being 22ish years old and arms as long as his legs, but I wouldn't really give up anything for him. Maybe David Harrison, who'll be a free agent anyway most likely. Maybe Diogu and a 2nd rounder for Sene and your #24.

*sigh*.

You guys still have Johan Petro?