Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   So what should the Suns lineup be next season? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=883)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 03:46 PM

So what should the Suns lineup be next season?

If everyone is healthy, what should the starting give be?

DirtBag 06-09-2006 05:01 PM

Amare
Marion
Diaw
Bell
Nash

wally_world 06-10-2006 07:22 AM

you're wrong, Amare shouldn't play Center, Diaw is comfortable in the Center spot, let him play Center and Marion can move down to SF, and when the team meets another team with a big center, AMare can help out or they can use Kurt Thomas... :)
and fyi, they maybe moving Barbosa into the starting line-up... :eek:

DirtBag 06-10-2006 10:30 AM

Im sorry, I should have put the positions next to their name.
F Amare
F Marion
C Diaw
G Bell
G Nash

and where did you hear that they'd start Barbosa?

wally_world 06-10-2006 11:33 AM

some random suns website... forgot... but through the few games that Barbosa played taking over Bell, he played extremly well, Barbosa is a more all-around scorer, Bell may be a better defender, but offensively, he can only shoot the 3, maybe when the opposing team has a strong SG, like the Lakers with Kobe (so Bell can clothesline him again! :D ) or like the Hawks with JJ, Bell can play starter... we'll see... :cheers:

DirtBag 06-10-2006 11:59 AM

I think it might help his confidence to start and maybe get him going like he is capable of. hopefully it plays out, Raja off the bench could help our bench too.

Abruzzi 06-10-2006 03:09 PM

Good lookin line up, allthough like wally world said Barbosa starting would be better, and putting Bell as the starter if the other team has a better sg.

Rab 06-11-2006 05:05 AM

They have so many options next season it's sick. I think it'll be a matchup type situation with the Suns. They can go small

Nash
Bell
Marion
Amare
Diaw

Or they can go a little bigger and tougher

Nash
Bell
Marion
Amare
Thomas

I don't really care for Barbosa starting over Bell. I think Leandro is better suited playing the opponents second unit. He can be a huge spark off the bench. I feel that Bell has earned his stripes, and that he brings a little more to the team than Barbosa.

P.S. I saw Barbosa yesterday at Nordstrom where my wife works. I got to talk to him for a few minutes. He's a really cool guy.

MK2V1GP 06-13-2006 07:41 PM

im a wolves fan(and no one posts on the wolves board), but the suns are my second fav team, mostly b/c of barbosa and diaw.

i think, if amare comes back, the suns should win 60+ games and defintely be the favorite to win it all next year.

nash/house
bell/barbosa
marion/jones
stoudemire/thomas
diaw/grant

A Roc 23 06-13-2006 09:12 PM

Suns have 2 picks as well this draft, and 2 next draft! :rockon:

wally_world 06-16-2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

MK2V1GP im a wolves fan(and no one posts on the wolves board), but the suns are my second fav team, mostly b/c of barbosa and diaw.

i think, if amare comes back, the suns should win 60+ games and defintely be the favorite to win it all next year.

nash/house
bell/barbosa
marion/jones
stoudemire/thomas
diaw/grant

don't forget Kurt Thomas! i think they should trade House away for Brevin Knight... we'll see... i like their chances though if everyone is healthy...

Rab 06-16-2006 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
don't forget Kurt Thomas! i think they should trade House away for Brevin Knight... we'll see... i like their chances though if everyone is healthy...

That would be nice, but the Cats dropped House last year, so I don't think that would happen.

DaKine 06-20-2006 01:21 AM

Suns starters

Don't forget that Amare asked for KT so that he wouldn't have to bang away with the big guys. With a surgically repaired knee, he is probably even less inclined to want to do that for a season.

Diaw did a nice job against some not so great centers, but we still got badly outrebounded and outscored inside. Amare will change that, but KT will be the starting center, if he doesn't get traded. Diaw will come in with Barbosa when Nash goes out because Barbs doesn't set up the others.

I would trade (not give away) Barbs or Jones for a good backup PG.

tydal 06-20-2006 02:04 AM

Ideal Line up based on Playoffs

Based on the success of their playoff run

1st Unit
C: Stoudamire
PF: Tim Thomas (assuming he resigns)
SF: Marion
SG: Bell
PG: Nash

2nd Unit
C: Kurt Thomas
PF: Diaw
SF: Jones
SG: House
PG: Barbosa

Boris Diaw: I see him backing up 4/5/3, this would allow him to develop his all around game more and his ability to play multiple positions as well as pass makes him the key to the suns 2nd unit.

Bell and Thomas will Ideally be on the 1st unit, maximizing Amare's effectiveness by stretching the floor with their 3 point shooting.

wally_world 06-22-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Based on the success of their playoff run

1st Unit
C: Stoudamire
PF: Tim Thomas (assuming he resigns)
SF: Marion
SG: Bell
PG: Nash

2nd Unit
C: Kurt Thomas
PF: Diaw
SF: Jones
SG: House
PG: Barbosa

Boris Diaw: I see him backing up 4/5/3, this would allow him to develop his all around game more and his ability to play multiple positions as well as pass makes him the key to the suns 2nd unit.

Bell and Thomas will Ideally be on the 1st unit, maximizing Amare's effectiveness by stretching the floor with their 3 point shooting.

Tim Thomas in starting line-up when STAT returns???!!! Nah...