Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Early Mock drafts (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88574)

i seen hippos 05-20-2008 10:33 PM

Early Mock drafts

Post your mock drafts here. I did mine quickly so if you have a problem with a pick just ask why I did it first instead of flipping out. You might see something I don't.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK, NOT WHAT I BELIEVE GM'S WILL DO.

1. Chicago Bulls- Derrick Rose
2. Miami Heat- Michael Beasley
3. Minnesota Timberwolves- Brook Lopez
4. Seattle Supersonics- Jerryd Bayless
5. Memphis Grizzlies- Kosta Koufos
6. NY Knicks- Danilo Gallinari
7. LA Clippers- Eric Gordon
8. Milwaukee Bucks- Kevin Love
9. Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Randolph
10. NJ Nets- OJ Mayo
11. Indiana Pacers- Chase Budinger
12. Sacramento Kings- Darrell Arthur
13. Portland Trailblazers- DJ Augustin
14. GS Warriors- Russell Westbrook
15. Phoenix Suns- DeAndre Jordan
16. Philadelphia 76’ers- Darren Collison (if he enters draft)
17. Toronto Raptors- Nicolas Batum
18. Washington Wizards- Donte Green (value pick)
19. Cleveland Cavs- Ty Lawson
20. Denver Nuggets- Chrish Douglas-Roberts
21. NJ Nets- JaVale McGee
22. Orlando Magic- Brandon Rush
23. Utah Jazz- Robin Lopez
24. Seattle Supersonics- Joe Alexander (value pick)
25. Houston Rockets- Marreese Speights
26. SA Spurs- Roy Hibbert
27. NO Hornets- Courtney Lee
28. Memphis Grizzlies- Richard Hendrix
29. Detroit Pistons- Ryan Anderson
30. Boston Celtics- DeVon Hardin

The Italian 05-20-2008 10:36 PM

Re: Early Mock drafts

Just a couple of things, you have McGee twice on your list. You have him at 21st to the Nets and 23rd to the Jazz.

Also, why do you think that Mayo will drop so low? I can't see him falling past 5 to be honest.

i seen hippos 05-20-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Italian
Just a couple of things, you have McGee twice on your list. You have him at 21st to the Nets and 23rd to the Jazz.

Also, why do you think that Mayo will drop so low? I can't see him falling past 5 to be honest.

Thanks. I had edited something on Word and forgot to switch the players around.

ZHAKIDD532 05-20-2008 10:46 PM

That would be interesting for the Nets. I'm not 100% sure I want the OJ Mayo baggage around though, I'd love Gordon instead. Getting McGee that low though would be great...

The Italian 05-20-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Thanks. I had edited something on Word and forgot to switch the players around.

Yeah no problem. So why do you think Mayo will drop down to the 10th pick?

Mr_Basketball#1 05-20-2008 10:48 PM

Celtics: Devon Who??? Is Derron Washington in this draft??? We need some athleticism on our bench.

Anyway, I think the Knicks should go after Love or Randolph.

thenextgreatbigman 05-20-2008 10:49 PM

So what's your problem with mayo?
At this point i can only dream that he's around for the knicks to pick him up and i'm not his fan.

FireMcFailPlease 05-20-2008 11:01 PM

Hate to bust your bubble hippos, all the Wolves boards are on the Mayo bandwagon and would throw up if we take Lopez.

laview 05-20-2008 11:02 PM

I will just do the top 10 (assuming they kept their picks):

1. Bulls - D. Rose (hometown boy; and in my option the no. 1 choice for any team)
2. Heat - M. Beasley (who else?)
3. Timberwolves - OJ Mayo (they need a big time scorer more than a C)
4. Supersonics - Brook Lopez (need a big to go with the SF and SG from last years draft)
5. Grizziles - DeAndre Jordon (a big gamble that might payoff really well; can't pass on a C with good potential)
6. Knicks - Danilo Gallinari (6'10 forward body with great ball handles and shooting ability upto 3 point range, perfect for the new coach in town)
7. Clippers - Eric Gordon (great scorer who can shoot well from the outside will be great playing along Brand and Corey who like to play the physical game)
8. Bucks - Jerryd Bayless (I don't think the Redd and Mo Williams experiment is working out; new blood is needed in the backcourt to turn things around)
9. Bobcats - Darrel Arthur (they need a guy who can score in the front court; their PG, SG, SF, and C situation are not so bad, but Darrel Arthur is much smoother than Okafor on the offense)
10. Nets - Kevin Love (again with good scoring SG and SF like Jefferson and Carter and PG like D. Harris, they could use someone who can contribute offensively in the front court to take pressure off the outside shooters)

Bulls_Fan20 05-20-2008 11:05 PM

I don't think Hibbert would be a good pick for the Spurs. They use athletic guys that can also step out a little and hit a mid-range jumper, and Hibbert is not that. Also, they have Tiago Splitter waiting over in Europe, and I believe they are planning on bringing him over soon. They will probably take another European guy and stash him overseas for a couple years, because they have shown that the team is just fine as it is.

thenextgreatbigman 05-20-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I don't think Hibbert would be a good pick for the Spurs. They use athletic guys that can also step out a little and hit a mid-range jumper, and Hibbert is not that. Also, they have Tiago Splitter waiting over in Europe, and I believe they are planning on bringing him over soon. They will probably take another European guy and stash him overseas for a couple years, because they have shown that the team is just fine as it is.

IMO Hibbert would be perfect for them, he has that tim duncan syndrome.
he could come off the bench and help duncan defending in the paint.
he's also from a great program and was never a problem.
it would be a steal for the spurs.

VCMVP1551 05-20-2008 11:15 PM

I don't like Hibbert going to San Antonio either. They got the best post player in the league in Duncan. I also think Lopez at 3 is way too high.

i seen hippos 05-20-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Hate to bust your bubble hippos, all the Wolves boards are on the Mayo bandwagon and would throw up if we take Lopez.

Not the actual Wolves boards!!!:eek:

bagelred 05-20-2008 11:22 PM

You have OJ Mayo dropping to 10? Not a chance. He'll go probably in 3- 5 range.

FireMcFailPlease 05-20-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Not the actual Wolves boards!!!:eek:

Id say my unborn brother could read the draft boards and say Mayo wont drop to 10th also