Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The trade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88603)

shaoyut 05-21-2008 12:02 AM

The trade

what if we didnt do the chicago side of the deal ?

would this team have beaten boston?

G West
G hughes
F KING JAMES
F Gooden
C big z

discuss

UConnCeltics 05-21-2008 06:43 AM

Re: The trade

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaoyut
what if we didnt do the chicago side of the deal ?

would this team have beaten boston?

G West
G hughes
F KING JAMES
F Gooden
C big z

discuss

Assuming that West is Delonte West, you would not have him since he was part of the deal.

1~Gibson~1 05-21-2008 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Assuming that West is Delonte West, you would not have him since he was part of the deal.

yeah he was part of the deal too.

Fatso 05-21-2008 11:10 AM

LOL, that West guard spot would have gone to (LOL) Eric Snow.

B-Low 05-21-2008 02:18 PM

if you all read he said JUST THE CHICAGO SIDE, meaning if instead of Ben Wallace and Joe Smith we had Drew and Larry. Delonte and Wally were Seattle's contribution

And my answer is yes, we would have done better. In the games where LeBron wasn't stepping up we needed someone else to score. Drew and Larry could both give you a good 15-20 on a given night if asked to, whereas Ben Wallace and Joe can maybe combine for 12 points. So to me if we had those two to pick up the scoring that we lacked with LeBron struggling we would have done a lot better. Me and my dad were actually discussing this same thign earlier.

catzhernandez 05-21-2008 03:31 PM

Wow, the idiots in this thread. :banghead:

shaoyut 05-22-2008 12:13 AM

they only needed west

Cavs2007Champs 05-22-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-Low
And my answer is yes, we would have done better. In the games where LeBron wasn't stepping up we needed someone else to score. Drew and Larry could both give you a good 15-20 on a given night if asked to, whereas Ben Wallace and Joe can maybe combine for 12 points. So to me if we had those two to pick up the scoring that we lacked with LeBron struggling we would have done a lot better. Me and my dad were actually discussing this same thign earlier.

WOW!!! Since when were Gooden and Hughes able to pick up the scoring load when asked?? Then I guess LeBron and the other guys only asked them to do that 3-4 times a month??

So then they told Drew and Larry to go on ahead and shoot 20% from the field or completely disappear the other 10 games they sucked??

All we have then is Gooden, Z, and AV in the big man rotation, which I think would have been outperformed greatly by Bostons big man rotation, and Ray Allen already played bad, so Hughes's defense would be irrelevant, and he isn't quick enough to play Rondo.

We still lose in 7, if not 6.