Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Who should Phoenix take at the 15th pick? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88623)

kidachi 05-21-2008 04:01 AM

Who should Phoenix take at the 15th pick?

they have to get young..

Budinger? McGee? Donte Greene? Koufos?

or maybe Anthony Randolph/Nicolas Batum, would the two still be available at 15th?

El Kabong 05-21-2008 04:08 AM

Re: Who should Phoenix take at the 15th pick?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidachi
they have to get young..

Budinger? McGee? Donte Greene? Koufos?

or maybe Anthony Randolph/Nicolas Batum, would the two still be available at 15th?

Chad Ford has them drafting Donte Greene. Wouldn't be too bad, Grant Hill can't last forever. I guess they'll need a C or PF who can contribute because Shaq can't last much longer. Maybe DeAndre Jordan will slip? As long as they don't sell the pick. :ohwell:

InspiredLebowski 05-21-2008 04:13 AM

lets see who their coach is first

kidachi 05-21-2008 04:15 AM

Lebowsky, Love won't drop to the 11th.. and I see him as Andrew Bogut 2.0.. :D

3stat2 05-21-2008 04:36 AM

Whoever it is, I bet Sarver is going to sell them. :hammerhead:
That's what I've come to expect from him. If he doesn't make Kerr sell our pick or do something else stupid with it, it'll already be a bonus right there, no matter who we choose.

Myth 05-21-2008 04:50 AM

They should just give it to the Blazers for cash. That the Phoenix way of drafting.

InspiredLebowski 05-21-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidachi
Lebowsky, Love won't drop to the 11th.. and I see him as Andrew Bogut 2.0.. :D

I don't think he will be either, especially if the reports of him trimming down are true. He'll impress a lot at the pre-draft workouts. But I can hope.

Dasher 05-21-2008 09:30 AM

Mareese Speights, Darrell Arthur, Nic Batum, or Joe Alexander.

chains5000 05-21-2008 09:35 AM

Roy Hibbert
He would look good next to Amare and Shaq

Real Men Wear Green 05-21-2008 09:39 AM

I'm going a little off-topic here, but am I the only one that doesn't see PHX as having a true direction? After years of cheapness, selling picks, they make a deal for Shaq, who doesn't fit their style at all and although he can defend Duncan is overall on a major decline and makes too much money for a Contender to find him a good buy at his current deteriorating level. The rest of the team is still built for an uptempo style and there are few good defenders. They let their bigtime offensive coach walk and with the Colangelos out of the picture the vision for the team is all Steve Kerr, but what's his vision? They still have a lot of good assets to move around but I just don't get what they're doing.

El Kabong 05-21-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm going a little off-topic here, but am I the only one that doesn't see PHX as having a true direction? After years of cheapness, selling picks, they make a deal for Shaq, who doesn't fit their style at all and although he can defend Duncan is overall on a major decline and makes too much money for a Contender to find him a good buy at his current deteriorating level. The rest of the team is still built for an uptempo style and there are few good defenders. They let their bigtime offensive coach walk and with the Colangelos out of the picture the vision for the team is all Steve Kerr, but what's his vision? They still have a lot of good assets to move around but I just don't get what they're doing.

I dunno, I assumed they were going to ride Shaq, Nash and Amare until the first two's contract expire, which do so at the end of the 09/10 season. Hey, maybe they should enter into the LeBron sweepstakes. Amare & LeBron would be a good combo.

bagelred 05-21-2008 09:54 AM

Sarver is going to trade the pick. Wouldn't want to spend any extra cash to win a championship, that would be silly.

Oh look. A nickel!!!!! (picking it up......)

Kiddlovesnets 05-21-2008 10:08 AM

The 15th pick is garbage for a title contender team. The Suns need to trade this pick for a three-point shooter or a solid outside defender.

Dasher 05-21-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
The 15th pick is garbage for a title contender team. The Suns need to trade this pick for a three-point shooter or a solid outside defender.

For a team in desperate need of an infusion of youth the 15th pick is a godsend.

Kiddlovesnets 05-21-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher
For a team in desperate need of an infusion of youth the 15th pick is a godsend.

But that's a 15th pick, not a lottery pick.