Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   What pick will Kevin Love be? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88693)

White Chocolate 05-21-2008 06:07 PM

What pick will Kevin Love be?

The Nets could use a good big man. If the trade with the Nuggets falls through, Love could be good, but the Nets are at #10, and Love ending up at #10 would be a long shot. My guess is Love will be anywhere from 3-5. Anyone think he might be available after 5?

Posterize246 05-21-2008 06:09 PM

Re: What pick will Kevin Love be?

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate
The Nets could use a good big man. If the trade with the Nuggets falls through, Love could be good, but the Nets are at #10, and Love ending up at #10 would be a long shot. My guess is Love will be anywhere from 3-5. Anyone think he might be available after 5?

ive got love to the nets in my mock. they'll have there chance at love,randolph,deandre jordan,or darrell arthur. at least 2 of those 4 will be there

jailer 05-21-2008 06:59 PM

I am reading rumore that the grizz might get love. Which I hope dosent happen. I don like his game and I think he is overrated.

Posterize246 05-21-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailer
I am reading rumore that the grizz might get love. Which I hope dosent happen. I don like his game and I think he is overrated.

i doubt memphis wants him. i wouldnt pay attention to too many rumors until a couple days before the draft.we still have so many workouts to go through

BobcatJunkie 05-21-2008 07:23 PM

I had been hearing Love going 10-15 but it seems the last couple days people have been talking about going higher, some pick 5-10. I don't see him being that good of a pro. I wouldnt take him before pick 9-10 but someone probably will. I think he would fit best on Indiana, Charlotte, or Indiana could draft him and go ahead and trade J. Oneal.

ZHAKIDD532 05-22-2008 11:28 PM

He's lost some wait since the end of the season, and looks sort of athletic for the first time. He seems to have a good work ethic, and I think he'll be a solid player...

MochaUdoka 05-23-2008 12:19 AM

I don't see Love lasting till 10, he should go 4-8

Pat Reilly 05-23-2008 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaUdoka

The next Larry Bird?

Lebron23 05-23-2008 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Reilly
The next Larry Bird?

The Next Jon Koncak

monthh 05-23-2008 04:30 AM

I think Love could go anywhere from Charlotte to Denver at this point. He had a ton of hype which probably moved him into the lottery at this point, but it seems like hype for Gallinari, Arthur, Westbrook, and Alexander may push him down a bit. In the end I may be crazy, but I actually see the Rockets making a move for him (Adelman may think of the old Webber's passing) to help make his type of offense run more smoothly. I think Portland is a team that may not want to add a another young player, and may look to trade out.

disco 05-23-2008 07:39 AM

Firstly, how can anyone say they dont like his game? Do you mean you hate to see a big man who plays hard, has an unbelievable court vision and almost perfect set of skills? You can "hate" the fact that he is an inch or two too short for a center and could be slightly quicker, but you just can't hate his game!!

In my mock he goes to Indy at 11. Nets could definitely use him too and so would GS, Phoenix and Washington.

disco 05-23-2008 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monthh
n the end I may be crazy, but I actually see the Rockets making a move for him (Adelman may think of the old Webber's passing) to help make his type of offense run more smoothly. I think Portland is a team that may not want to add a another young player, and may look to trade out.

That's an interesting thought. I think what Blazers will do depends on who's available. If Augustin is still there, I think they'd go for him. They have drafted many pg's, but I think it's unlikely that any of the current ones will be very good, and Augustin could be the perfect player to run the show and keep the extremely talented front court happy.

PacerRaptor 05-23-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaUdoka

i agree. i really want him to come to indy, but i dont see that happening because they have the 11th pick

Posterize246 05-23-2008 08:49 AM

he'll go to new jersey,charlotte,or indy