Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88819)

d_white089 05-22-2008 05:19 PM

Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
I would take him as high as 4 to Seattle. Has unbelieveable potential. Became great with a player on his back and in his face. Freakishly athletic. He's blowing minds at workouts, and rising fast on draft boards. Improving ball handling and increasing his range.


EDIT:
For all the haters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcQC0fBAbvY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQXIbHpMTyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PKY3...eature=related

CaptainOwlClub 05-22-2008 06:08 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
that is going a little too far

i was just about to make a thread about how rose is the best athlete to come along into the draft since lebron- imo rose is the only prospect that could be considered for best athlete-

but after rose, i like westbrook & aurthur as the cream of the crop athleticaly

i like the thought of alexander as a lottery pick,and wasnt aware that he is as athletic as is sounds-

i had him sliding all the way to 26 to the rockets- sounds like he is moving much higher than that though- how about 23- orlando, 17-toronto, or portland/phoenix at 13/15

this guy alexander is a pure nba 3 imo- the weakest position in this years draft- only other pure 3 i even have on my list is davon jefferson- the rest are all imo sf/pf's like gallnari& donte green or pf/sf's like beasley , randolph - and i think batum is a sg & really think that buddinger and bill walker and rush are all pure sg's

so maybe alexander could be a top 10 pick- i had just never thought of it- i still see him in the teens to 20's

KNOW1EDGE 05-22-2008 06:11 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
is this a joke?

Alexander will be lucky to go in the 1st round.

Step off the bandwagon before it even gets started,

jamal99 05-22-2008 06:38 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
is this a joke?

Alexander will be lucky to go in the 1st round.

Step off the bandwagon before it even gets started,

Lucky to go in the 1st round?

Don't be a h8er... He will be a good player.

KNOW1EDGE 05-22-2008 06:57 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamal99
Lucky to go in the 1st round?

Don't be a h8er... He will be a good player.



Im not a hater, not at all. I like the kid.

But I dont know when all this hype around him started, he played pretty well in the tournament but nothing amazing. Nothing to boost him into the lottery.

He will go in the 1st round. But unless he REALLY amazes, and i mean REALLY amazes some people in the pre-draft workouts, he wont be a lotto pick.

d_white089 05-22-2008 08:17 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
is this a joke?

Alexander will be lucky to go in the 1st round.

Step off the bandwagon before it even gets started,


You're insane. I GUARUNTEE he doesn't fall past 16.

And yeah, I may have went too far saying he's overall the best, but he's definitely the best leaper.

KNOW1EDGE 05-22-2008 08:28 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by d_white089
You're insane. I GUARUNTEE he doesn't fall past 16.

And yeah, I may have went too far saying he's overall the best, but he's definitely the best leaper.


Who says? Who says he is "def the best leaper"?????

I think he is a definate lock for the 1st round. But I am def not hopping on his bandwagon. He doesnt seem special to me.

InspiredLebowski 05-22-2008 08:51 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
If Indy weren't loaded at the wing already, I'd consider him at #11.

fatboy11 05-22-2008 09:29 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
There's no way in hell this kid is the best overall athlete in the draft. Hell, Sonny Weems is a better athlete than Joe Alexander.

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 05-22-2008 10:59 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
he definately doesnt look bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdAYyqSOuPc

Efunk7 05-22-2008 11:13 PM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
There's no way in hell this kid is the best overall athlete in the draft. Hell, Sonny Weems is a better athlete than Joe Alexander.


from what i've been reading and what i've seen, alexander may be the best pure athlete in the draft...he is definitely the best athlete at the SF position i think with chase budinger a close second...there are some great athletes in this draft

PG: rose, bayless, westbrook
SG/SF: alexander, budinger, rush
PF/C: beasley, arthur, speights, jefferson, jordan

MochaUdoka 05-23-2008 12:10 AM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Joe Alexander is a good athlete but I could not call him the 'best in the draft'.
Dude is 6'8" with pretty good hops and handles; he really fits the SF role very well at the pro level. I could see someone picking him up @ 14-20 but top 4? get real, he doesn't have that much potential. He has decent potential but I don't see him being anything more than starter-worthy at best. If he works on his game he should have a good career in the NBA, but don't expect so much out of him that warrents a top 4 pick

MochaUdoka 05-23-2008 12:17 AM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Efunk7
from what i've been reading and what i've seen, alexander may be the best pure athlete in the draft...he is definitely the best athlete at the SF position i think with chase budinger a close second...there are some great athletes in this draft

PG: rose, bayless, westbrook
SG/SF: alexander, budinger, rush
PF/C: beasley, arthur, speights, jefferson, jordan


I can agree that he is the best pure athlete at SF, I think he is def. better than Budinger and Rush (I love Rush's game tho).

From what I hear Joe has a very good work ethic, so he should succeed. However he still needs to put in a lot of work. His best selling point right now is his athleticism and size combo. That and his mid-range game, which has greatly improved this past year and a main reason he is even being discussed as a lotto pick. In college he has been able to take many defenders off the dribble very well, but his handles are gonna need a lot of work for him to play from the outside in the pros. If a team wants him to eventually play some inside game, he is gonna need to get a lot stronger and work on his boxing out; he doesn't have much of a post game to speak of, but with his height he could eventually do it (but probably not).

Efunk7 05-23-2008 01:21 AM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
I can agree that he is the best pure athlete at SF, I think he is def. better than Budinger and Rush (I love Rush's game tho).

From what I hear Joe has a very good work ethic, so he should succeed. However he still needs to put in a lot of work. His best selling point right now is his athleticism and size combo. That and his mid-range game, which has greatly improved this past year and a main reason he is even being discussed as a lotto pick. In college he has been able to take many defenders off the dribble very well, but his handles are gonna need a lot of work for him to play from the outside in the pros. If a team wants him to eventually play some inside game, he is gonna need to get a lot stronger and work on his boxing out; he doesn't have much of a post game to speak of, but with his height he could eventually do it (but probably not).


i tend to agree, and i see him being able to at least reach the level josh smith is currently at...6'9" sf/pf combo with great athleticism and developing perimeter game...

d_white089 05-23-2008 01:23 AM

Re: Joe Alexander - Best Overall Athlete In The Draft
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
Joe Alexander is a good athlete but I could not call him the 'best in the draft'.
Dude is 6'8" with pretty good hops and handles; he really fits the SF role very well at the pro level. I could see someone picking him up @ 14-20 but top 4? get real, he doesn't have that much potential. He has decent potential but I don't see him being anything more than starter-worthy at best. If he works on his game he should have a good career in the NBA, but don't expect so much out of him that warrents a top 4 pick


I didn't say he WOULD be drafted there..i say i would potentially CONSIDER him there if I were an NBA team, which i'm not.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy