Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   An idea (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889)

Patches O'Houlihan 06-09-2006 02:52 PM

An idea

I kinda stole this from the topic in the main forum about KG.

There have been many rumors about KG being moved bla bla over the past couple of years and now it seems like it's a real possibility. But usually noone can come up with a trade because MIN would want some good youngsters with potential and possibly draft picks. In come the Celtics. I was thinking, wouldn't we be the perfect trade partners? Maybe we could move Al Jefferson, #7, with some other players and picks? I don't know. It seems like we would be able to get KG while keeping Pierce because of all the young talent we have. I'd like to see KG and Pierce together in Boston if possible( :cheers: ).

Do you guys think a trade like that is possible? And do you guys think it would be beneficial or do you think we should stick to developing the young talent and not mess around with that?

JohnnySic 06-09-2006 03:13 PM

It's possible, but I dont want to see Al traded. I believe he is a cornerstone of this team's future.

Chamberlain 06-09-2006 04:22 PM

A lot of people hate on Al Jefferson but I agree. He's only a few years out of High School and he's shown flashes, but you have to keep in mind he had some unforunate injuries. If he can play 70+ games this year I think a lot of people will realize the kind of potential he has and will stop the hate.

Real Men Wear Green 06-09-2006 06:53 PM

After the year he just had I don't think Al would even be viewed as important in a KG package. At this point I doubt we can get KG without giving up Paul, but if we did, we'd have to toss in Delonte, Gerald, Perk, Al, Tony, and the Dance Team. Might as well forget about him.

Put Back Dunk 06-09-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
After the year he just had I don't think Al would even be viewed as important in a KG package. At this point I doubt we can get KG without giving up Paul, but if we did, we'd have to toss in Delonte, Gerald, Perk, Al, Tony, and the Dance Team. Might as well forget about him.

There's no way we're giving up the dance team. Do you think they would take Lucky (aka "that asshole in the leprechaun outfit") instead?

TheReturnofCed 06-09-2006 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
There's no way we're giving up the dance team. Do you think they would take Lucky (aka "that asshole in the leprechaun outfit") instead?

Maybe.

What about this:

New York recieve:
Wally Szczerbiak

New York trade:
Maurice Taylor

Minnesota trade:
Kevin Garnett

Minnesota receive:
Gerald Green
Al Jefferson
Maurice Taylor (expirer)
Delonte West
Pick 7

Boston trade:
Wally Szczerbiak
Gerald Green
Al Jefferson
Delonte West
Pick 7

CT: Perkins/ LaFrentz
PF: Garnett/ Scrubaline
SF: Pierce/ Gomes
SG: Allen/ 2nd rounder
PG: Brevin Knight or Mike James/ Greene

Patches O'Houlihan 06-09-2006 08:47 PM

If we have to give up that much I don't think it's worth it. Especially considering the rumors about what other teams would be likely to give up.

XxNeXuSxX 06-10-2006 11:14 AM

Other teams like the Knicks think they are getting KG for Marbury and Jalen Rose :roll:

Patches O'Houlihan 06-10-2006 11:39 AM

Exactly my point. There's no way we give all that when teams are offerring that.

funky2dope 06-10-2006 07:55 PM

I'm with you Patches, no way we give up that much young talent. I'm open to trading Jefferson, but West and Green are our future. I'm only open to trading Big Al because I think we'd get something good in return for him and we have enough youth that we can still build. Somehow being able to keep Pierce, adding KG to a frontline with Perk with Lafrentz as the backup, Gomes at SF, Tony Allen and Gerald Green with PP at the 2, and West and Greene (plus maybe a free-agent pick up as mentioned would be good). That would be awesome. I think Jefferson, Wally, Ronald MacDonald in a green uniform, and Dan Dickau are all expendable and should be used as trade bait.