Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Will the Nets Ever pick up a 4 who can rebound and play D? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8897)

Dasher 08-21-2006 12:07 PM

Will the Nets Ever pick up a 4 who can rebound and play D?
 
With the injury to Josh Boone sidelining him fer la forseeable future do u think the NEts will make a run at MElvin Ely or Reggie Williams when they get Deshawn Stevensonned because their contract demands are too much.

Uncle Cliffy is aiight but the NEts have not had a competent rebounding big man since the days of Jaimie Feick and Jayson Williams.

<I ommited Kenyon cause I always thought his game was a lot of chestpuffery, he could have been the richman's Charles Oakley but he wasn't>

I see RJ JKidd gettin a little too much wear and tear goin into the lane for rebounds, especially with Larry FRank seeming to have a hatred for bench players.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-21-2006 12:30 PM

re:
 
the Nets are just fine for rebounding. they are +0.5 in RPG.


then again, that does cry for improvement.


Collins is always in position for rebounds, but he often blocks off the offensive rebound so one of the guards on the Nets can grab it.



COllins gest 5RPG, but if he polished his offensive game to grab some offensive boards, he could easily snag 2 more rpg and people would stop calling him useless.

ZHAKIDD532 08-21-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher
With the injury to Josh Boone sidelining him fer la forseeable future do u think the NEts will make a run at MElvin Ely or Reggie Williams when they get Deshawn Stevensonned because their contract demands are too much.

Uncle Cliffy is aiight but the NEts have not had a competent rebounding big man since the days of Jaimie Feick and Jayson Williams.

<I ommited Kenyon cause I always thought his game was a lot of chestpuffery, he could have been the richman's Charles Oakley but he wasn't>

I see RJ JKidd gettin a little too much wear and tear goin into the lane for rebounds, especially with Larry FRank seeming to have a hatred for bench players.

Deshawn Stevenson???????

They're good...

BlockShot 08-21-2006 05:37 PM

Kevin Garnett:roll: there's something to think about..but then you guy will for sure havta give up VC JKidd or RJ:D

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-21-2006 05:47 PM

re:
 
KG sucks. Mr "play only for 3 quarters"

BlockShot 08-21-2006 06:08 PM

his stats are pretty impressive for 3 quarters dont you think:ohwell:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-21-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlockShot
his stats are pretty impressive for 3 quarters dont you think:ohwell:


doesn't make the playoffs

Dasher 08-22-2006 04:35 PM

Webster's defines being DeShawn Stevensonned as opting out of a contract/ or entering free-agency thinkin' you are gwan to get paid a gang of cash only to be given the cold shoulder by teams and having to accept a pact way below market value.

Nygher 08-22-2006 05:26 PM

Mind you that the Nets had Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a day then they didn't like the trade so they voided it and sent Rahim back to Portland, where he would later sign with Sacramento.

Finn T-Mac 08-23-2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nygher
Mind you that the Nets had Shareef Abdur-Rahim for a day then they didn't like the trade so they voided it and sent Rahim back to Portland, where he would later sign with Sacramento.


I think that was a poor move by the Nets, letting him go. He could defend and score. Kristic could play center and Rahim pf, but that's just lost opportunity. So get k-mart, well that's not going to happen eather.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-23-2006 10:09 AM

re:
 
SAR had scar tissue which probably would not be an impediment, but... with the NEts experiences with ALonzo Mourning, they did not want to take a chance wit ha possible long term injury, especially since SAR wanted a 6 year deal. :no:


this was done from a business standpoint and JAson Kidd okayed it afterward. i think, personally, SAR has subpar defense.

Internet 08-23-2006 11:28 AM

They should have kept Shareef IMO, he was perfect for the Nets. The scar tissue he played with his whole career so no big deal there. Nets would be the team in the east nobody wanted to play with him cos he fills their biggist hole, and he is a good defender I thought. But im not complaining cos I dont like the Nets

RichMo 08-23-2006 07:56 PM

Knowledge
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasher
With the injury to Josh Boone sidelining him fer la forseeable future do u think the NEts will make a run at MElvin Ely or Reggie Williams when they get Deshawn Stevensonned because their contract demands are too much.

Uncle Cliffy is aiight but the NEts have not had a competent rebounding big man since the days of Jaimie Feick and Jayson Williams.

<I ommited Kenyon cause I always thought his game was a lot of chestpuffery, he could have been the richman's Charles Oakley but he wasn't>

I see RJ JKidd gettin a little too much wear and tear goin into the lane for rebounds, especially with Larry FRank seeming to have a hatred for bench players.

Kenyon Martin not good? You gotta be kidding me! Kenyon grabbed so many boards. More importantly, he would give it up to Kidd right away to start the break. He would also finish a lot of those fast breaks dunking on someones mouth. He could also post some one up. He could face them up. He could evan hit the 10-15 foot jumper. I liked Charles Oakley and have a lot of respect for the man but, He is no Kenyon Martin. Lets go through it one time.

Offensive rebounding- K-Mart
Defensive rebounding- K-Mart
Pick and rolls- K-Mart
Running the floor-KMart
Passing- Oak Tree
Shooting-Oak Tree
Low post scoring-K-Mart
Block shots-K-Mart
Defense-K-Mart
better athlete-K-Mart
Enforcer-Tie (Remember..Oak was tough but, Mason & Ewing had his back) K-Mart enforced on his own.
better Dunker_K-Mart

K-Mart 10 Oak Tree-3
Both Awesome players
If you still disagree with my K-Mart opinions, Check out the K-Mart montage on YouTube.com (Sick Dunks & Blocks)
Know your Nets Kid.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-23-2006 08:14 PM

re:
 
it was not just the boards. it was fierce man to man defense.


Martin could guard all 5 positions (though that would depend on how fast or strong the guards and centers are), play tremendous help defense, and swat shots.

RichMo 08-23-2006 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
it was not just the boards. it was fierce man to man defense.


Martin could guard all 5 positions (though that would depend on how fast or strong the guards and centers are), play tremendous help defense, and swat shots.

TRUE DAT.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy