Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Realistic Expectations (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88997)

ABTY7 05-24-2008 01:54 AM

Realistic Expectations

So we could go back-and-forth on who is the correct pick to make- in the end the fact is we're going to be a better team next year regardless of if it's Rose or Beasley so heres the real question(s):

Who do you think will be the next head coach?

What do you expect for the team this upcoming season?

When do you think we will be a legitimate title contender again (if ever)?

d_white089 05-24-2008 02:21 AM

Re: Realistic Expectations

a. avery johnson

b. 43-39

c. ?????????

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 05-24-2008 03:39 AM

a. i want tyrone corbin
b. 45-37
c. 5 years ish we will prob be contenders

AirGordon7 05-24-2008 05:05 AM

a. Avery Johnson

b. 50-45 wins

c. i say this year remember we play in the East :applause:

Dengness9 05-24-2008 06:02 AM

Avery Johnson

49-33 could be higher with major trade

Next year.... Add Rose and make a blockbuster trade to completely change the roster as we know at this point in time.

BULLS4EVER 05-24-2008 07:25 AM

Avery Johnson

50-32

1-2 years

kshutts1 05-24-2008 11:22 AM

I think Avery should become our coach... I don't like all this talk about us getting someone completely new. Our team can be ready to win very soon, and I want a coach that is as well.

Our record, who knows...

Contenders though... if our management has balls and picks Rose and makes a blockbuster Hinrich trade, would be next year, with maybe a 3-5 year window (cuz the blockbuster trade is most likely netting us a semi-old star). If we pick Beasley, our window won't "open" for a bit longer.. maybe 2 years or so, but it will be around longer.

ILLEFEX 05-24-2008 02:33 PM

i wouldn't mind avery johnson or even jeff van gundy....

45-50 wins would be good.....

as far as being a contender, its possible next year that would happen.....i mean, we made the playoffs 3 years in a row and swept miami last year....so, we are only a year removed from our last playoff apperance.........so, whoever we draft and another high profile player, i think we'll be good next year......

KaptnKirk12 05-24-2008 09:52 PM

Avery.
45-52 wins.
Chicago could very well be contenders IF we resign Deng and draft Beasley this next season.
If they draft Rose, it will take a lot longer. New point guard is the same as a new quarterback, it will take time to get use to it. 3-5 years. More than likely pushing the 5.

Dengness9 05-25-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Avery.
45-52 wins.
Chicago could very well be contenders IF we resign Deng and draft Beasley this next season.
If they draft Rose, it will take a lot longer. New point guard is the same as a new quarterback, it will take time to get use to it. 3-5 years. More than likely pushing the 5.

Pushing 5 years to contend if we draft ROSE????!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you seriously. I am getting tired of making you look stupid. Rose stepped right in at Memphis and they almost go all the way. Give Rose a year on the Bulls and see what happens.

KaptainKirk = Biggest Derrick Rose hater ever.

Did you ever wonder why Miami wants Rose more than Beasley too??? Marion will be gone either this year or next and then all they have is Haslem. They also have no PG so they are in a similar spot the Bulls are in. OH YEA ITS CUZ RILEY REALIZES HOW GOOD ROSE IS UNLIKE YOU.

lil baller 05-25-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengness9
Pushing 5 years to contend if we draft ROSE????!!!!!! WTF is wrong with you seriously. I am getting tired of making you look stupid. Rose stepped right in at Memphis and they almost go all the way. Give Rose a year on the Bulls and see what happens.

Did you ever wonder why Miami wants Rose more than Beasley too??? Marion will be gone either this year or next and then all they have is Haslem. They also have no PG so they are in a similar spot the Bulls are in. OH YEA ITS CUZ RILEY REALIZES HOW GOOD ROSE IS UNLIKE YOU.

ummmmmmmmmm no not really it is because the heat need a pg and they have shawn marion(which will prolly stay there) and udonis haslem sooooooo no not really

KaptnKirk12 05-25-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Yes pushing 5 years to contend. Put Rose on this team, he is in the same situation Kirk is in...no inside help to win games. Rose stepped right in at Memphis, who was already a great team with or without Rose.

CDR, Anderson, Dozier, Dorsey. Now no way is that a Championship calibar team - but Sweet 16 easy, possibly Elite 8.

Give Rose one year on Chicago and we will be in the same place we are now, we need an inside man to throw the ball into during the games the shots are not falling.

Also I am not really a Rose hater, just more of a I want the best talent for my favorite team, who also fills the biggest need. Which is Beasley. Now if Paxson makes a move to bring in a big man, then yes Chicago should fill the spot with Rose.

Yeah Riley realizes that a point guard is their need. Sorry Kirk is a lot better than J Will. Rose, Wade, and Marrion would run teams out of the gym so in their case they wouldn't really need a big man - because they don't have a major need for scoring like Chicago does. Wade is going to give you 20-30 every night, Matrix is going to give you 20 and 10 - throw that to Rose and he doesn't have any pressure at all. Put Rose on Chicago and he has a ton of pressure.

Dengness9 05-26-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil baller
ummmmmmmmmm no not really it is because the heat need a pg and they have shawn marion(which will prolly stay there) and udonis haslem sooooooo no not really

Marion who will probably stay there???? How do you know? He won't stay there if he wants around 20 million like it has been rumored before. The Heat want cap space for 2010 when Wade and everybody else are FA.

And is Haslem is a nice player to have, but he isnt an all-star or that close to it. They could use Beasley just as much as they could use Rose position wise.

Dengness9 05-26-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Yes pushing 5 years to contend. Put Rose on this team, he is in the same situation Kirk is in...no inside help to win games. Rose stepped right in at Memphis, who was already a great team with or without Rose.

CDR, Anderson, Dozier, Dorsey. Now no way is that a Championship calibar team - but Sweet 16 easy, possibly Elite 8.

Give Rose one year on Chicago and we will be in the same place we are now, we need an inside man to throw the ball into during the games the shots are not falling.

Also I am not really a Rose hater, just more of a I want the best talent for my favorite team, who also fills the biggest need. Which is Beasley. Now if Paxson makes a move to bring in a big man, then yes Chicago should fill the spot with Rose.

Yeah Riley realizes that a point guard is their need. Sorry Kirk is a lot better than J Will. Rose, Wade, and Marrion would run teams out of the gym so in their case they wouldn't really need a big man - because they don't have a major need for scoring like Chicago does. Wade is going to give you 20-30 every night, Matrix is going to give you 20 and 10 - throw that to Rose and he doesn't have any pressure at all. Put Rose on Chicago and he has a ton of pressure.

Miami won't have Marion for more than this year or not even. They could use Beasley downlow to help Wade with the scoring load just as much as they could use a player directing the offense. The real truth is Riley understands Rose's ability to increase a teams potential talent as a collective unit. He wants Rose based on who will be the better player when it's all said and done... Rose.

lil baller 05-26-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Marion who will probably stay there???? How do you know? He won't stay there if he wants around 20 million like it has been rumored before. The Heat want cap space for 2010 when Wade and everybody else are FA.

And is Haslem is a nice player to have, but he isnt an all-star or that close to it. They could use Beasley just as much as they could use Rose position wise.

marion knows he aint gonna get 20 mil. no1 is gonna pay him that. also just because you dont have an all-star doesnt mean he can put up numbers...he has for a while and if he wasnt on the team in the championship the heat wouldnt won