Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trade Larry Hughes or keep him? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 03:52 PM

Trade Larry Hughes or keep him?

What do you think of Hughes?

When healthy, that is

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 03:55 PM

What's Larry's contract like?

Black Joker 06-09-2006 06:34 PM

i thnk we need 2 keep him. altho it didnt seem like played as well as he did with washington, he was consistantly slowed by his injuries. and with him we get another play maker/scorer with the ball that can take some of the pressure off lebron. what we really need 2 do is get a point guard that can control the tempo and game, along with a decent stroke.

BigTicket 06-09-2006 08:16 PM

Larry Hughes needs to go if we can get anything usefull for him, an injury prone SG who can't shoot and takes the ball out of Lebrons hands is the very last thing we need.

wally_world 06-10-2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

What's Larry's contract like?

erm... if i'm not wrong its like 10M+++ for like 5-6 years... something like that...

i think they should keep him... yes, he's gonna take some ball from LeBron's hand, but he's a pretty good scorer, PROVEN, he's also a very good defender, and if i'm not wrong, the league's best steal guy last season...

they should trade Donyell Marshall and maybe Big Z or Drew Gooden... they need a good PG to create shots for LBJ, they have a good PF/C in Anderson Varejao (who is 5'11'' without his hair! :eek: )... they should get a good PG and a CONSISTANT rebounder, Big Z and Gooden are too random... tehy should get someone like KG... yes, KG may be going to the Cavs... for Big Z plus Gooden??? i'm not sure...

KG + LBJ = :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :hammerhead:

AKADS 06-10-2006 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
erm... if i'm not wrong its like 10M+++ for like 5-6 years... something like that...

i think they should keep him... yes, he's gonna take some ball from LeBron's hand, but he's a pretty good scorer, PROVEN, he's also a very good defender, and if i'm not wrong, the league's best steal guy last season...

they should trade Donyell Marshall and maybe Big Z or Drew Gooden... they need a good PG to create shots for LBJ, they have a good PF/C in Anderson Varejao (who is 5'11'' without his hair! :eek: )... they should get a good PG and a CONSISTANT rebounder, Big Z and Gooden are too random... tehy should get someone like KG... yes, KG may be going to the Cavs... for Big Z plus Gooden??? i'm not sure...

KG + LBJ = :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :hammerhead:

Cleveand doesn't have enough to get KG. But i have been saying they should try.

Big z + Hughes + Gooden (S+T) For Garnett and a bad contract.

nawsanenawmean 06-10-2006 10:49 PM

Keep him. He's tough when he is healthy, but that is the key, STAY HEALTHY! He's played in one full season in his 8 year career. He's a good defender, and reads the pass lanes very well thus why he gets 2+ steals a game. His jumpshot hasn't always been his offensive threat, but he can hit it when he is on, and obviously his ability to drive to the hole is a good thing. Keep him and hopefully he can start playing at least 75+ games during the regular season. Wouldn't that be nice?

wally_world 06-11-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Big z + Hughes + Gooden (S+T) For Garnett and a bad contract.

no no, KG isn't worth that much... Hughes is a real great player, shouldn't trade him... unless they get KG plus someone like Ricky Davis...

Big Z + Gooden + Hughes = KG + Ricky Davis???

12M + 6M + 11M = 22M + 7M

maybe the wolves can top in a rookie since the Cavs have SOME cap-room, unless they wanna re-sign LeBron next year at HIGH costs... like KG's 20M+++

BigTicket 06-11-2006 05:36 AM

No way in hell the wolves make that trade, if they move KG it would only be for youth + picks, not for old borderline allstar players.

lollol604 06-11-2006 08:25 AM

cavs need a pure shooter at SG to spread the floor not a guy that shoots 35% and is injury prone.

Basketbolero 06-11-2006 01:51 PM

Larry Hughes is a great player in both ends of the court, and I think the Cavs are not planning to trade him. Everybody say they need shooters, but they have Marshall and Damon Jones, although none of them has had the impact expected. Getting a PG should be a priority, probably in a trade involving Gooden.

AKADS 06-12-2006 03:22 PM

Hughes is staying. Unless the Cavs can get a KG/J. Oneal type player which isn't goin to happen. Cavs did get off to a good start with Hughes last yr and The Cavs will give him a full season to play with LeBron. Fingers cross he stays healthy.

TheReturnofCed 06-12-2006 10:30 PM

They should trade Hughes for Hassell, Jaric and pick 6.

AKADS 06-12-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

If Roy is still there Done.

SpLiTViZiOnZ 06-14-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

agreed, they would ass an excellent defender and a hot shooting PG