Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Would we trade our pick away for this? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89036)

kshutts1 05-24-2008 02:30 PM

Would we trade our pick away for this?

This may be a long shot, but what about something like:

Larry Hughes, Joakin Noah, Aaron Gray and the first overall pick

for

Yao Ming, Rockets first rounder this year (25th) and next year's first as well?

We would roll out a lineup of:

Hinrich - Duhon
Thabo - Gordon
Deng - Noc
Gooden - TT
Yao

We would also have the 25th pick and our 2nd round pick to fill in the roster, probably grab two big men to shore up our front court.

Just a thought, curious to see what other people have to say

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 05-24-2008 02:44 PM

Re: Would we trade our pick away for this?

no.

1~Gibson~1 05-24-2008 02:59 PM

Thats stupid and trading the #1 pick is stupid. Why dont you just take rose/beasley and be happy with it.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 05-24-2008 03:07 PM

UHHH NO.... that #1 pick would only be traded for Dwight Howard, Lebron, Chris Paul... end of story... no more talk about trading the pick...it isn't gonna happen...

ABTY7 05-24-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshutts1
This may be a long shot, but what about something like:

Larry Hughes, Joakin Noah, Aaron Gray and the first overall pick

for

Yao Ming, Rockets first rounder this year (25th) and next year's first as well?

We would roll out a lineup of:

Hinrich - Duhon
Thabo - Gordon
Deng - Noc
Gooden - TT
Yao

We would also have the 25th pick and our 2nd round pick to fill in the roster, probably grab two big men to shore up our front court.

Just a thought, curious to see what other people have to say

Nah... Yao is a special talent, no doubt- however players with such unusual size normally don't hold up well over the long haul- with a price that steep, we'd have to get back a player(s) that will can realiticly pencil in for the next 4-5 years...

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 05-24-2008 03:39 PM

if paxson trades away the 1 pick for anyone besides lebron or chris paul he would officially be the worst gm in the game... rose (hopefully he picks him) will b a chris paul in a few years

KaptnKirk12 05-24-2008 09:35 PM

No...Yao really?

BULLS4EVER 05-25-2008 05:41 AM

No!!!

kshutts1 05-25-2008 11:22 AM

Why don't we want Yao again? Last I checked he's the best C in the league when he's healthy. What are our biggest needs again? Low post scoring and a go-to scorer? Fancy that, I thought Yao would fix that.... If we can get him without giving up a GOOD player from our core, then we should. But I guess that's just me, since I don't how everyone builds up draft picks all the time...

I mean, granted these guys were special in college, but there's no guarantee in the pros, and I'd rather have a sure-fire superstar in Yao then a possible superstar, possible mediocre player in Rose or Beasley. Plus it's not like he's bad.. he's a SUPERSTAR and fills a need perfectly.