Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Do you like George Karl as a coach? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:53 PM

Do you like George Karl as a coach?

What do you think of Karl as a coach, both in-game and off the court?

Jazz Rockets all the way 06-10-2006 07:58 AM

how can u complain? u got the division title and a decent spot in the playoffs and last season as soon as he joined he made an impact, i like him, god u guys sould :bowdown: him

roth15syr 06-11-2006 04:57 AM

All I care about really is Carmelo's been alot betetr under him. So ya time for the worship...

lollol604 06-11-2006 07:35 AM

the year b4 denver looked like one of the best teams in the 2nd half of the season. This year just to much injurys and lack of passion

nuggetsoftruth 06-19-2006 04:58 PM

What Karl needs is a compliment assistant coach that can reach the players and motivate them, keep the morale up, etc. Other than that Karl is an excellent coach – and definitely not just “average”

MileHighMelo 06-19-2006 08:39 PM

Karl's ego is ripping apart the entire organization, just like it did in Seattle, just like it did in Milwaukee.

I give him 2 or 3 more seasons before he drives Melo off.

insidehoops 06-20-2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileHighMelo
Karl's ego is ripping apart the entire organization, just like it did in Seattle, just like it did in Milwaukee.

Unfortunately, this sounds possible

chains5000 06-20-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

2 seasons is a looooong time...

jayworks 06-20-2006 04:27 PM

He gets the most out of his players.

Karls is a old school coach how beleives that as a coach you should do as he says. I ask what is wrong with that? He does not care how much monery that a guy is making he holds him reponsible for his play. When Mello would not play and Defense and would not rebound like he is capable of doing karl sat him. It was one of the best things he could have done for Melo.The coach should always have the last word.

nuggetsoftruth 06-21-2006 12:07 PM

Old School Coach

The one decision I question the most is his decision to bench K-mart during the playoffs. If he had let Kenyon play all year and build up that anticipation, I believe he should have let him play as much as the knee would allow. I also think Kenyon should have been disciplined for blowing up, but it should have come in a different form.

The reason why Karl should have done this is to preserve the perception that K-mart can still play and will play despite his injuries, keeping his value high. Kenyon probably would have ended up benched by default since his knee is so banged up. Karl didn't anticipate this, and as a coach you have to anticipate these things.

Since officially Kenyon may be back next year, that would be a good time to straighten things out old school. No practice, no play, etc. If you're gonna be old school, you have to be consistent.

insidehoops 06-21-2006 12:16 PM

It seems like Karl did a bunch of things wrong with Martin, but also that Martin did just as much on his own.

Martin seems be like a kid in getting mad and staying mad

KingofKings718 06-27-2006 05:37 PM

K-Mart is a clown. Not even his fellow players had his back. That shows that the team is behind G. Karl, and thinks his Kool-Aid is tasty. I obvioulsy like G. Karl.

Richie2k6 05-18-2008 10:28 AM

Re: Do you like George Karl as a coach?

Seems a lot of opinions have drastically changed...

Mile High Crew 05-19-2008 05:14 PM

Re: Do you like George Karl as a coach?

I've always like George Karl, but the reason why he can't do much with this team is because of the players. Melo, J.R., K-Mart, and A.I. have troubles listening to their coaches and won't change no matter what you do to them. G.K. is just trying to keep his composure and not lose his mind with his team. I think G.K. is trying to bring this team back where it suppose to be and leave when he knows when the time is right.