Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Noah charged with possession of marijuana (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89153)

ABTY7 05-25-2008 04:57 PM

Noah charged with possession of marijuana

Link Here

Quote:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Authorities in Gainesville have charged Chicago Bulls forward and former Florida star Joakim Noah with possession of marijuana and having an open container of alcohol.

Gainesville police spokesman Sgt. Rick Roberts said Noah was arrested around 1:50 a.m. Sunday after an officer spotted him on a sidewalk holding a plastic cup containing an amber drink, a violation of city law. During a search at the station, officers found marijuana in his pocket.

Noah was released after signing a notice to appear before a judge -- standard procedure for such offenses. He could face up to 6 months in jail and a $500 fine for the marijuana charge.

Noah led the Gators to back-to-back national championships before being picked ninth overall in last June's draft by the Bulls.

Not a huge deal really- however Josh Howard's assessment of every team having at least a couple players that smoke the reef seems to carry a little more weight...:rolleyes:

Dengness9 05-25-2008 05:35 PM

Re: Noah charged with possession of marijuana

Agreed, not a big deal. I'm suprised it was Noah getting caught with reefs and not Tyrus, cuz i have to believe Ty smokes ganja. I hope Pax doesn't overreact to the situation.

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 05-25-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengness9
Agreed, not a big deal. I'm suprised it was Noah getting caught with reefs and not Tyrus, cuz i have to believe Ty smokes ganja. I hope Pax doesn't overreact to the situation.

noahs a known partier, after his successful years in florida there were articles about how he was partying 4-5 days a week, mainly drinking

Dengness9 05-25-2008 06:00 PM

I knew he had to drink but I didn't know he was smoking a lot weed. If he had some on him, I pretty much take that as a sign he is a serious weed smoker. Noah's a naturally crazy dude, i just never knew he smoked.

KaptnKirk12 05-26-2008 12:04 AM

No surprise at all. Take one look at Noah and you know he is a pot head. Thing is he will probably get off with next to nothing. 6 months in jail and $500 fine will turn into "Give us 10 tickets for the police force"

trig 05-26-2008 02:31 AM

I wonder how many really smokes weed in the nba. Im guessing its a lot

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 05-26-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trig
I wonder how many really smokes weed in the nba. Im guessing its a lot

at least 30% of players.... not a big deal... Weed should be legal... it isn't any worse than alcohol...

NBAFan24445 05-28-2008 11:48 AM

ESPN posted something saying that Noah's father thinks it's ridiculous how much attention the alcohol/marijuana arrest is getting.

Also found a pretty funny article talking about the arrest on Sportsomniac