Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   I can't take quiters on NBA 2k8 anymore. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89314)

RoseCity07 05-27-2008 10:22 AM

I can't take quiters on NBA 2k8 anymore.

I've won about 10 games in a row now and 4 of the player quit with a little over a minute to go. I'm blowing boston and washington out by 25 each and then the count down screen comes on. They obviously pulled their ethernet cables. Then on top of all that wasted time the win doesn't get recorded, and they leave me a negative feed back for winning.

Two last two gamer tags don't ever play them. They are quiters:

HaLOgOD B3aSTOX

HOMEboyJB

I hate quiters. Anyone that thinks they can actually beat me hit me with a request. I'm tired of destroying people online with the Blazers and then they can't take it so they quit. It's sad I actually have to give them hope of a come back so they don't quit at half time sometime. This game is a rip off though. Should at least record the win.

GOBB 05-27-2008 11:19 AM

Re: I can't take quiters on NBA 2k8 anymore.

lol That happened to me. The guy picks Boston so I picked Detroit. It was close at the start then I pulled away. 4th quarter with 3mins left he quits.

lbkingjames_fan 05-27-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07
I've won about 10 games in a row now and 4 of the player quit with a little over a minute to go. I'm blowing boston and washington out by 25 each and then the count down screen comes on. They obviously pulled their ethernet cables. Then on top of all that wasted time the win doesn't get recorded, and they leave me a negative feed back for winning.

HaLOgOD B3aSTOX

HOMEboyJB

I hate quiters. Anyone that thinks they can actually beat me hit me with a request. I'm tired of destroying people online with the Blazers and then they can't take it so they quit. It's sad I actually have to give them hope of a come back so they don't quit at half time sometime. This game is a rip off though. Should at least record the win.

GO RIP CITY!

evinecz 05-27-2008 01:54 PM

Happens to me all the time, either they quit or internet connection has been lost(they plug out the Ethernet cord)

brwnman 05-27-2008 02:04 PM

I hate when people don't play manual D and let the computer do all the work. It takes the fun out of the game, like why even play then? Defense is a part of the game, stop abusing it. Using L2 on top of that is even worse

who has got a PS3? add me, hezzy82...

LJJ 05-27-2008 02:18 PM

I quit because I was basically only playing Boston online and all most of the players do is chuck three pointers with Allen with 20 second left on the shot clock. Sadly that is a sound strategy, but it's no fun.

qwerty 05-27-2008 06:24 PM

Atleast you still get the win, and don't have to waste your time with the rest of the game.

d_white089 05-27-2008 08:21 PM

I have a PS3, and I have the same problem with MLB '08 The Show.

evinecz 05-27-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
Atleast you still get the win, and don't have to waste your time with the rest of the game.

We still get the win? i didnt know.

NYK-Bball 05-30-2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseCity07

HaLOgOD B3aSTOX

HOMEboyJB

I know man its so annoying:mad: ,my record looks horrible because of it.I also start giving them a little hope so they don't quit:oldlol: but 2k sports needs to do something about that.Some people have told me to report because disconnecting is like tampering with xbox live results or something so check it out

Nets fan 93 05-30-2008 03:21 PM

Ha HA

GOBB 05-30-2008 04:17 PM

I played Cannonball 4 times, tied up 2-2. Maybe i played him more? I dont remember honestly, if i did i know i lost. Nuggets and Sixers got me 2 wins. Go figure! Melo was clutch down the stretch and Sixers D gave us a boost. Willie Green had an instant 7pts off the bench late in the game. Aljeff sells out a tying basket (mofo had 41pts EASY).

Cannonball 05-31-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
I played Cannonball 4 times, tied up 2-2. Maybe i played him more? I dont remember honestly, if i did i know i lost. Nuggets and Sixers got me 2 wins. Go figure! Melo was clutch down the stretch and Sixers D gave us a boost. Willie Green had an instant 7pts off the bench late in the game. Aljeff sells out a tying basket (mofo had 41pts EASY).

haha nut grabber evans with the game saving offensive rebound :banghead:

NYK-Bball 05-31-2008 01:50 PM

What are you peoples gamertags for 360

Mine is:
Retro Lux

Maybe we can play sometime

evinecz 05-31-2008 04:52 PM

Mine is Evinecz