Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who should go? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89340)

Chitown sports 05-27-2008 04:50 PM

Who should go?

Regardless of who we could acquire in the draft, which current Bull should be traded? In my opinion it is Ben Gordon. His scoring output is just enough to keep him around, but he is one dimensional and inconsistent. I'm interested to hear who everyone else thinks.

veilside23 05-27-2008 06:30 PM

Re: Who should go?

Ben gordon and tyrus thomas for me.

Id prefer guys like kyle korver over gordon and francisco garcia over thomas.

ABTY7 05-27-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chitown sports
Regardless of who we could acquire in the draft, which current Bull should be traded? In my opinion it is Ben Gordon. His scoring output is just enough to keep him around, but he is one dimensional and inconsistent. I'm interested to hear who everyone else thinks.

Who we draft and who should be traded go hand-in-hand, IMO. I don't really have a negitive feeling about anyone in particular on this team to be honest- I do kinda feel indifferent about most of the line-up though. If Gordon and/or Hinrich were to be dealt I wouldn't cry myself to sleep- same can be said about Hughes, Gooden, Gray, Simmons, Curry, Nocioni and Thomas. Noah I would have a bit of a problem with (largely depending on what he was traded for, of course) however, in the East I feel Noah has a solid shot at being an above average center- Marcus Camby part duex. Deng would bug me some as well- while he may not have a ton of upside, he is still very young and up until last year made great strides year-to-year. To me Luol has a solid chance at being a better version of Tayshaun Prince- solid, not spectacular defensive 3- which I'll take all day, BTW.

Anyway- if someone put a gun to my head and said pick one guy I guess it would be Gordon only because of his lack of defensive skills and streaky shooting.

ryno14 05-27-2008 10:12 PM

I would base it on drafting Rose, and therefore I would trade Hinrich. I would actually resign Gordon if possible, simply because to me he has been consistent. Yes, he is one dimensional, but he has been consistently a good shooter (especially off the bench) and that has never changed. Hinrich declined significantly last year with no excuses (new contract, no injuries, etc). A backcourt of Rose and Thabo, with Hughes and Gordon off the bench would be great. And Rose makes those guys (and Deng and even Thomas) better. If Nocioni could be packaged in a trade I wouldn't be crushed, he has great effort but his knowledge of game situations is horrible, and I think he has worn out his usefullness here.

KaptnKirk12 05-28-2008 01:25 AM

Gordon.

1 he is a restricted free agent and thinks he is worth more than he is. Sorry you don't deserve a contract as big as even Kirk due to your job is to score. If you were a good defensive player, or even a solid ball handler who could run an offense then maybe, but since all you do is score then you should be delt. A shooter is a dime a dozen.

trig 05-28-2008 01:59 AM

Gordon then give thabo more PT. Especially if we can get a 1st round pick for him and some role players. I want to see Chicago get a long big man. Someone like DeAndre and Javale. atleast 1 of them should be available at 15.

Gordon is a good player but doesn't have the right mindset. Until he realizes that he is a very good 6th man that will provide 16-20pts off the bench, he wont reach his full potential in this league

AirGordon7 05-28-2008 02:05 AM

I say Gordon and Hughes

I think it would be alright if we keep Hinrich even if we draft Rose. Whats wrong with having 2 PGs on the floor at once??? And we wont be undersized with both Hinrich and Rose cuz both can defend SGs. The ball movement would be much better and we would be able to play at a faster pace.

Bulls_Fan20 05-28-2008 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirGordon7
I say Gordon and Hughes

I think it would be alright if we keep Hinrich even if we draft Rose. Whats wrong with having 2 PGs on the floor at once??? And we wont be undersized with both Hinrich and Rose cuz both can defend SGs. The ball movement would be much better and we would be able to play at a faster pace.

I agree, although I think Paxson will have a hard time trading either one of them. I also don't like the idea of trading Hinrich just because we draft Rose. Kirk had a down year this year because of the injuries to Deng and Gordon. When they were healthy and playing well (2006), Kirk had a career year. He will never be a dominant player in the league, but he could definitely excel as a 2nd or 3rd option. He did take over the games when Gordon was out this year, and looked great doing so. Why? Because Thabo was running the point and Kirk didn't have to worry about deferring to teammates. I want him to become more selfish, take more shots. He proved two years ago that he can hit 45% of his shots, which is great for any guard not named Steve Nash or Tony Parker.

I don't think there is any way we can keep Kirk, Gordon, and Deng on the team this year, because the money we would have to shell out to them would be too much. So, of that group, Gordon would have to be the one to go because he wouldn't be worth the contract he wants and will get from someone. And the only time I could remember him being torched game in and game out against a certain team was the Pistons. If you draft Rose, the problems against them are gone, because Kirk can do all the running around with Rip, and Rose is strong enough to handle Chauncey in the post.