Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ben Wallace will stay this summer, right? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 02:54 PM

Ben Wallace will stay this summer, right?

I assume Ben will stay, but what if he asks for too much money and Detroit doesn't want to do it, then what?

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 03:04 PM

I think Detroit will give him whatever he wants.

bigboi_baller 06-09-2006 08:40 PM

they have no choice but to sign him...they seem like idiots for tradin away a future startin center in darko and now will probably have to send away another kid wit potential writtin all ova him in delfino...but theere is no way they can not resign ben w/o goin into rebuildin mode.

Aussie Dunker 06-09-2006 08:52 PM

hmmm

i dont think ben wallace is the greedy type, i dont think he will ask for more than what the pistons want to giv him, which should be near the max im guessing...

T-Low 06-12-2006 01:30 PM

I am guessing that Ben wants to stay, but with an All-Star caliber/4 time (out of 5 year) defensive player of the year award winning player, would you really just let him go without a fight. They will give him whatever he wants. But the question is, does Ben want to stay or does he want to explore somewhere else? Maybe Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte or Chicago. They all have enough cap room to offer.

Aussie Dunker 06-14-2006 10:19 AM

i dont see why Big ben would want to explore, im pretty sure he thinks, and knows, that detroit is "the" perfect place for his type of play to be fully utilised...

embersyc 06-14-2006 10:26 AM

I don't think Ben will go into a rebuilding situation, if he leaves it will only be because he thinks he has a better chance to win a championship with his new team.

FPower 06-14-2006 06:16 PM

There is some talk that Ben may be interested in Chicago. They're a pretty good team, they have the cap space to sign him, and they fit his style of gritty defense.

The Pistons actually seem to be getting away from Ben's type of play, as Flip emphasises offense in general, and jump shots specifically.

Chicago really might be a more desirable situation at this point. Skiles appreciates the attributes Ben brings to the game.

albertpujols 06-15-2006 11:19 PM

He will stay. My money is on that.

chains5000 06-16-2006 07:53 AM

Quote:

There is some talk that Ben may be interested in Chicago. They're a pretty good team, they have the cap space to sign him, and they fit his style of gritty defense.

The Pistons actually seem to be getting away from Ben's type of play, as Flip emphasises offense in general, and jump shots specifically.

Chicago really might be a more desirable situation at this point. Skiles appreciates the attributes Ben brings to the game.
The bulls need a big who can score, and everybody knows Ben's offense...:ohwell:

adamcz 06-19-2006 01:09 PM

If the Bulls offer Ben a contract that Detroit can't match, don't expect him to pass up the dough. It's not really greed, it's just an employee accepting the best offer.

neohemp 07-04-2006 07:31 AM

Alright albertpujols you can give me your money

neohemp 07-05-2006 11:16 PM

I SAID gimme my money *****

shafir 07-07-2006 05:21 PM

lol

Lol