Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Jamont Gordon (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89417)

Mr_Basketball#1 05-28-2008 12:43 PM

Jamont Gordon

"Jamont Gordon won't participate in this week's NBA Pre-Draft Camp, after all. Instead, his focus will be on working out for individual teams that have expressed interest, he said Tuesday. 'I've got a lot of workouts and lot of teams telling me I can probably slide into the first round and my stock has been rising," Gordon said."

I'm just hoping he slides to 30. He still should have participated in the camp though.

Posterize246 05-28-2008 12:49 PM

Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
"Jamont Gordon won't participate in this week's NBA Pre-Draft Camp, after all. Instead, his focus will be on working out for individual teams that have expressed interest, he said Tuesday. 'I've got a lot of workouts and lot of teams telling me I can probably slide into the first round and my stock has been rising," Gordon said."

I'm just hoping he slides to 30. He still should have participated in the camp though.

he'll be there a 30. and yes he should have participated. shooting is his weakness. would have been the perfect oppurtunity to prove the doubters wrong

Mr_Basketball#1 05-28-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
he'll be there a 30. and yes he should have participated. shooting is his weakness. would have been the perfect oppurtunity to prove the doubters wrong

I remember that game vs. Memphis he had the opportunity to win the game but fumbled with the ball and then just threw up a desperation shot. I was pissed. Is Charles Rhodes in this draft? He could be a Jason Maxiell type player in the league.

Posterize246 05-28-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I remember that game vs. Memphis he had the opportunity to win the game but fumbled with the ball and then just threw up a desperation shot. I was pissed. Is Charles Rhodes in this draft? He could be a Jason Maxiell type player in the league.

i believe he is,but i haven't heard anywhere where he's expected to get drafted

Mr_Basketball#1 05-28-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

i believe he is,but i haven't heard anywhere where he's expected to get drafted

Well he better work his azz of and try to impress the scouts. He's too short to play the pf or center, but he's the type that could come in and get you blocks and rebounds. Like I said, he reminds me of a Maxiell/Millsap type player. They really have no true position but when their number is called, they come in and put in work.

fatboy11 05-28-2008 01:46 PM

Charles Rhodes is a badass. Not sure how well he'll pan out in the league, but he killed us a couple of times. He's the kind of guy that can be really good when he wants to be, but doesn't always seem to want to be.

disco 05-28-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Charles Rhodes is a badass. Not sure how well he'll pan out in the league, but he killed us a couple of times. He's the kind of guy that can be really good when he wants to be, but doesn't always seem to want to be.

I don't think he's big enough to be more than a 8th or 9th man in the NBA, but I really like him. A 6'8 NBA player would need a bit more versatile game.

CaptainOwlClub 05-28-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

i actually believe that the question with jamont gordon is if he he 1 handed or if he can use his right hand enough on the dribble to la point in the nba

i believe he is athletically a lottery pick at pg - 6'3 or 6'4 225 and fast- i just believe that he is still 50/50 as a prospect because of his dribbling in addition to your point of shooting- but if he has the dribbling skills with his right hand in addition to his strong left i think this guy has every right to expect to be drafted during the first round-

this guy would be ideal to bring in for workouts- for a guy like me who dosnt get that chance i have him going early second

imo in 5 years jomont gordon will either be one of the 10-15 best players from his draft class-or be a guy nbody ever heard of again after draft day- celtics could grab a perfect piece if they took the gamble and it worked- i love the thought of gordon as a 6th man or point off the bench

Mr_Basketball#1 05-28-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i actually believe that the question with jamont gordon is if he he 1 handed or if he can use his right hand enough on the dribble to la point in the nba

i believe he is athletically a lottery pick at pg - 6'3 or 6'4 225 and fast- i just believe that he is still 50/50 as a prospect because of his dribbling in addition to your point of shooting- but if he has the dribbling skills with his right hand in addition to his strong left i think this guy has every right to expect to be drafted during the first round-

this guy would be ideal to bring in for workouts- for a guy like me who dosnt get that chance i have him going early second

imo in 5 years jomont gordon will either be one of the 10-15 best players from his draft class-or be a guy nbody ever heard of again after draft day- celtics could grab a perfect piece if they took the gamble and it worked- i love the thought of gordon as a 6th man or point off the bench

I want Gordon or Lawson, but I'm not too sold on either. Neither are shooters and that's what we need is a point guard who can shoot. Gordon is a better ball handler than Rondo, but I think we better go after a shooter. :confusedshrug:

Tyrece Rice would be perfect. I've seen him play several times in the gym. (Rice and Matt Ryan were the stars on our campus...I miss Jared Dudley :( ) Rice is a shooter who can handle ball pressure and knock down contested shots. He could slip to the second round.