Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Should we trade Hinrich and Gordon? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90022)

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST 06-02-2008 02:39 PM

Should we trade Hinrich and Gordon?

Should we trade Hinrich and Gordon if we draft Rose? Keep only 1? Would a team of the following be good enough to win next year? I guess a lot depends on how much Pax trusts Tyrus...

Rose
Hinrich or Gordon
Deng
Thomas
Noah

Ring#7 06-02-2008 03:15 PM

Re: Should we trade Hinrich and Gordon?

One things for certain, with Rose we dont need Hinrich. We can still use some of Gordons shooting, he is the current leading scorer. As for Tyrus, the hope is that he understands the severity of the situation he's in. Theres a mixed crowd of bulls fans. while some of us want to see what he can do, others want him out while he still has value. Both are reasonable arguments. He's not a rookie anymore, so that can no longer be used as an excuse. If he screws up next season he'll be labeled as a bust and jeopordize his career. The bar has been raised yet again and he has to find a way to get involved or else he'll only slow us down. What good is all that talent if your not going to use it? I still got high hopes for Thomas especially with an elite point gaurd and a good teaching coach coming onboard. But I also understand that Tyrus is a bit of a risk. I'm not sure if thats a risk the bulls want to take.

vmdv12 06-02-2008 06:23 PM

I say they should trade Hinrich. Gordon's defense drives me crazy, but let's face it......his shooting can carry the Bulls at times. If they can trade for a decent big and add the speed and creativity of Rose, it could make things really nice for Gordon. I would package Hinrich along with either Gooden or Nocioni for a big man. The Bulls could throw in next years number one to sweeten the deal. If the Bulls can trade Larry Hughes, PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!! I don't think he's a good fit for the Bulls. He's acting as though he's going to be the GO TO Bull when he's never been the star player on any team in his career. If possible..I think Pax should target Kirilenko and J. O'Neal. Marion too, if he becomes available. Those three guys have large contracts so the Bulls could package two or three players and clear up a log jam at G and F. Trade Hinrich and resign Duhon!!!

Possibilities....( Notice how I didn't include Hughes in any of these line-ups. I just don't like his fit...UNLESS we trade Gordon.)

PF Kirilenko PF O'Neal PF Marion
SF Deng SF Deng SF Deng
C Noah C Noah C Noah
SG Gordon/Sefolosha SG Gordon/Sefolosha SG Gordon/Sefolosha
PG Rose PG Rose PG Rose

eeeeeebro 06-02-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdv12
I say they should trade Hinrich. Gordon's defense drives me crazy, but let's face it......his shooting can carry the Bulls at times. If they can trade for a decent big and add the speed and creativity of Rose, it could make things really nice for Gordon. I would package Hinrich along with either Gooden or Nocioni for a big man. The Bulls could throw in next years number one to sweeten the deal. If the Bulls can trade Larry Hughes, PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!! I don't think he's a good fit for the Bulls. He's acting as though he's going to be the GO TO Bull when he's never been the star player on any team in his career. If possible..I think Pax should target Kirilenko and J. O'Neal. Marion too, if he becomes available. Those three guys have large contracts so the Bulls could package two or three players and clear up a log jam at G and F. Trade Hinrich and resign Duhon!!!

Possibilities....( Notice how I didn't include Hughes in any of these line-ups. I just don't like his fit...UNLESS we trade Gordon.)

SF Deng SF Deng SF Deng
C Noah C Noah C Noah
PG Rose PG Rose PG Rose

bad defense plus did you know gordon leads the bulls in turnovers? yeah the guy chucks 40% shot selection and cant dribble.

Bulls_Fan20 06-02-2008 09:05 PM

Our biggest problem is that we have too many guys that deserve good minutes. Hinrich, Gordon (because he is our best shooter, and I think Paxson will resign him), Sefolosha, Deng, Nocioni, TT, Gooden, and Noah. I could even include Gray in there, because he really improved over the course of the season and deserves to be the backup center. We will be adding either Rose or Beasley, so that makes 9 players that deserve 30+ minutes/game. If we sign someone like Brand, that makes 10. There just aren't enough minutes to go around, so we either stick with what we have and spread the minutes too thin (which didn't work this year), or we can blow it up and get a superstar. I don't think that would be possible either, unless Paxson and Reinsdorf are willing to go over the luxury tax, but we still have the problem of too many guys.

KaptnKirk12 06-02-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdv12

SF Deng SF Deng SF Deng
C Noah C Noah C Noah
PG Rose PG Rose PG Rose

Iffy since AK is more of a SF. IMO this lineup looks better than the first or third one.

Hinrich
Gordon/Sefolosha
Deng
Beasley
Noah

Second one would be a real good team if Chicago could pull it off, obviously Hinrich would be gone but Tyrus would have to stay if Rose is on board. But I know most people here think getting O'Neal could potentially hurt the team due to injury issues and him exiting his prime - something you don't really want with a team full of young players who still need a year or two to develop their game.

Marion could work in a deal to get rid of Hinrich, but then you just bring on board another huge contract - and yet again he is more of a 3 than Beasley is. If there was a deal to workout how you could sign and trade Deng away to get a big man then there could be something there, even though you would have just created a huge monster called the Miami Heat.

Hinrich.
Wade.
Beasley.

That team with Pat Riley...:eek: :wtf:

Not to mention to deal Hinrich in a trade to get Marion, there is going to have to be like 3 million added ontop of Hinrich's contract to match Marion's. Resign Duhon and throw him in? Nocioni and Hinrich for Marion and Haslem?

Personally I think we should wait until the workouts are over before we start saying Chicago is drafting Rose. Beasley fits Chicago's need right now with the current roster more than Rose does, and Beasley is the better player - he proved it week in and week out during college that he was the most skilled player in the country.

Robster89 06-03-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Iffy since AK is more of a SF. IMO this lineup looks better than the first or third one.

Hinrich
Gordon/Sefolosha
Deng
Beasley
Noah

Second one would be a real good team if Chicago could pull it off, obviously Hinrich would be gone but Tyrus would have to stay if Rose is on board. But I know most people here think getting O'Neal could potentially hurt the team due to injury issues and him exiting his prime - something you don't really want with a team full of young players who still need a year or two to develop their game.

Marion could work in a deal to get rid of Hinrich, but then you just bring on board another huge contract - and yet again he is more of a 3 than Beasley is. If there was a deal to workout how you could sign and trade Deng away to get a big man then there could be something there, even though you would have just created a huge monster called the Miami Heat.

Hinrich.
Wade.
Beasley.

That team with Pat Riley...:eek: :wtf:

Not to mention to deal Hinrich in a trade to get Marion, there is going to have to be like 3 million added ontop of Hinrich's contract to match Marion's. Resign Duhon and throw him in? Nocioni and Hinrich for Marion and Haslem?

Personally I think we should wait until the workouts are over before we start saying Chicago is drafting Rose. Beasley fits Chicago's need right now with the current roster more than Rose does, and Beasley is the better player - he proved it week in and week out during college that he was the most skilled player in the country.

I totally agree with you man.
Beasley fits the Bulls needs more than Rose, though I think both will end being great players.
And I could see a Hinrich for Matrix deal, if Chicago does draft Rose.
The good news is the Bulls have options, as they have talent.
The hard part is going to be making it all fit together.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating.

You put Tyson Chandler and LeMarcus Aldridge on the Bulls instead of Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas and you have a beast in the East.
Of course you wouldn't have the #1 pick.
Just pray Pax does a better job this time around.