Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2nd round pick idea (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90232)

captainkirk 06-04-2008 05:13 AM

2nd round pick idea

While everyone is wondering whether Rose or Beasley or trade 1# for Wade is better, I suggest to don't underrate our 39th pick, cause as long as this draft doesn't seem to have Stars, except Beast and Rose, I see a lot of good european players who could develop into a great steal, if they drop in the second round. The best one is Nikola Pekovic, absolutely. He would fit perfect for Bulls needs, he can score in the paint, he's strong, tall enough, carismatic, he took Partizan to the top8 teams in Euroleague, nearly by himself, at the age of 22. He can score in many ways and I guess is the most nba ready young player in Europe..Definitly would be a great move, Pax pick him at 39# if you can!

Dengness9 06-04-2008 06:23 AM

Re: 2nd round pick idea

Any good euro players pick late 1st or 2nd round are now too risky of moves most of the time. The money good Europeans can make for their club teams is much more than a lot of NBA contracts. Tiago Splitter of Brazil should be on the spurs but he makes millions more where he plays so he isn't coming. Rudy Fernandez is another player who has the same situation for the trailblazers i believe. Whoever the Bulls take in the 2nd round should preferably be a PG or C seeing as we have overload at SG and we have Deng/Noc combo at 3 and Tyrus/Gooden combo at 4. If we draft Rose we have 1 true PG barring a Duhon resigning, so we could use a backup PG on the roster. Hinrich is obviously the combo guard of the team. Noah/Gray combo at C isn't bad but we could maybe use another athletic 7ftish center if one is available.

Lebron23 06-04-2008 06:34 AM

Gary Forbes

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89656

DwadeOverLebron 06-04-2008 02:37 PM

forbes would be great but i don't think he's gonna fall that low

i would love to grab sasha kahn from kansas, he's athletic, intelligent, reliable 10-15 foot "j" , he didn't get much of a shot cuz kansas was so deep, i think he'll be a great pick up at that pick

maybe a backup pg if duhon ops out, like demarcus nelson (i think this kids is crazy under rated and he can develop into a bigtime role player) he has pg ability yet he played the 3 in college

maybe chalmers also im not sure where he's projected at

AirGordon7 06-04-2008 05:28 PM

I hope Joey Dorsey falls to the 2nd round. The dude is a beast and it would be crazy if we got Dorsey and Rose.

DwadeOverLebron 06-04-2008 06:04 PM

i like dorsey too untill i read what his measurements are, 6'6 w/o shoes and 6'7 1/2 with shoes altho he has a 6'11 span, but i think sasha kahn @ legit 6'10 w/0 shoes and a 7'1 span is better... plus kahn has a better stroke outside

CaNt Be ToUcHeD 06-04-2008 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
i like dorsey too untill i read what his measurements are, 6'6 w/o shoes and 6'7 1/2 with shoes altho he has a 6'11 span, but i think sasha kahn @ legit 6'10 w/0 shoes and a 7'1 span is better... plus kahn has a better stroke outside

idk much about kahn could he score better than noah?

DwadeOverLebron 06-04-2008 06:14 PM

he definitely has a better touch around the basket than noah, and a better "j" altho that ain't sayin much haha

altho noah is about the scrappy hustleness

kahns more under control, and had at least one alley oop dunk in every game i saw him play this past season, dudes a stud! and he knows how too except a role playing position, he came from a tough back ground growing up in russia or serbia or somewhere like that, very good character guy!

KaptnKirk12 06-04-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
he definitely has a better touch around the basket than noah, and a better "j" altho that ain't sayin much haha

altho noah is about the scrappy hustleness

kahns more under control, and had at least one alley oop dunk in every game i saw him play this past season, dudes a stud! and he knows how too except a role playing position, he came from a tough back ground growing up in russia or serbia or somewhere like that, very good character guy!

You obviously have never seen Sasha Kaun play :rolleyes: . The dude is a great defensive player, and rebounder...with great size. He has NO touch what so ever around the basket and I don't know where you got this "J" from, because he never shot the ball unless it was a turn around hook or a dunk. He will be a great back up center in the NBA for the next 10 years though because he has a high basketball IQ and is very big and could bang bodies with almost anyone in the NBA. His offensive game is rushed way to much and very predictable, he'd be great paired with someone who is going to get him some oops because he has great length and dunked on a bunch of people last year with oops - (watch the Nova game from the tourny). He doesn't have a real strong offensive game outside of that though, and free throws...are terrible. And he is from Russia, great story behind him and his family. I think he'd be a perfect 2nd round pick for Chicago if he is still avaible.

Or Darnell Jackson from Kansas (if we don't draft Beasley) he could be the player you say has the "J" because he can hit from 15 feet consistantly - when I went to watch him play in this fund raiser league thing they have around here, he seriously nailed 3 half court jumpers in a row, he has a great touch around the basket and is a huge energy guy. Pair DJ with Noah and Nocioni and you could piss off a lot of teams.

I'd like Chalmers to come to Chicago as well, but I see him returning to Kansas unless he gets a gaurnteed first round pick. Since 2nd rounders are not promised a contract like 1st rounders are.

DwadeOverLebron 06-05-2008 02:46 PM

lol haha i like i like! your absolutely right kid! he's a hustle rebound type of guy, i've been watching KU bball for a looooooong time buddy, what i said was that he had a better j than noah, altho you are right he didn't take that many j's this past year, i thought he was more assertive his junior year last year than he was this year on the offensive end but he can knock em down tho, and he does have a good touch around the basket better than alot of our own bigs, yeah he would be great in chicago, he has a 7'5 wing span, i can see rose tossing up a lot of lobs too this guy, noah, tyrus, deng should be fun to watch

vmdv12 06-05-2008 05:22 PM

I would say, assuming they trade a guard or two, I would go after Bill Walker IF available. Even Sonny Weems from Arkansas would be a nice fit with Rose running the point. Even that dude from Turkey looks pretty good for a big man..Semih Erden. Drafting a good young European player might not be a bad idea. Serge Ibaka and Nicolas Batum would be freakin sweet in the second round!!! Guys check out Batum on youtube!! Sorry ..I was dreaming for a moment...Batum won't last til the second. Euro in second round!

Bulls_Fan20 06-05-2008 05:29 PM

I don't think he will fall, but Kosta Koufos, the big guy from Ohio State, would probably be a good backup for us as well. He might even return to school for another year (which would be his best decision), but if he stays in, he might slip to us.

trig 06-06-2008 01:38 AM

If we can move-up a a few spots, hopefully we can get Hardin, Lee or Walker

vmdv12 06-06-2008 03:28 AM

hey, Trig....good one you mentioned in Hardin! I forgot all about him. I'm surprised he's not expected to go higher. He measured 6'9.5" without shoes and 6'10 3/4" in shoes. Great size! A nice young big to work with over the next few years.

Crystallas 06-06-2008 05:47 AM

I can't imagine the 39th pick staying in the Bull's hands. Most likely the pick will be used to pad another trade.