Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   how tall is blake griffin? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90303)

Posterize246 06-04-2008 08:23 PM

how tall is blake griffin?
 
he's listed 6'10, 243 lbs. but now with all the draft measurements coming out im starting to second guess his height. looks like he could be a little bit smaller. am i just thinking about it too much because beasley measured at 6'7"???

Roy Munson 06-04-2008 08:30 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
I'd say he's close to 6'9. He's a beast though, very strong, athletic, and hard nosed. I became more and more a fan of his this year.

VCMVP1551 06-04-2008 08:58 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Probably around 6'8"

Posterize246 06-04-2008 09:02 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Probably around 6'8"

thats what i'm thinking now. it doesn't matter though. dude can ball

Interminator 06-07-2008 10:58 AM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
I've heard 6'6 1/2.

And most sites list Griffin at 6'9.

d_white089 06-10-2008 10:41 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
outhustles EVERYONE tho, will be a monster pro

VCMVP1551 06-10-2008 11:13 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interminator
I've heard 6'6 1/2.


Damn...where did you hear that. That would be horrible for his draft stock because unlike Beasley he couldn't spend a lot of minutes at SF in the NBA.

GOBB 06-10-2008 11:32 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Dont buy that 6'6 1/2 crap. Dude is 6'8, listed at 6'9.

lukeridnour08 06-11-2008 01:35 AM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
it doesnt matter how tall he is. He's good isnt he? If your 6"10 does your team start out with more points then 0? throw those measurements out the window once the game starts

TheGame414 06-11-2008 01:45 AM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
If it didn't matter, they wouldn't measure them. No, you won't start out with more points if you're taller. But once the game starts, they're damn sure easier to come by as a power forward if you're 6'10" and not 6'7".

If height didn't matter, there's a ****load of undersized college stars who would've played in the NBA. If height didn't matter, Antonio Gates never would have worn an NFL uniform.

lukeridnour08 06-11-2008 04:09 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGame414
If it didn't matter, they wouldn't measure them. No, you won't start out with more points if you're taller. But once the game starts, they're damn sure easier to come by as a power forward if you're 6'10" and not 6'7".

If height didn't matter, there's a ****load of undersized college stars who would've played in the NBA. If height didn't matter, Antonio Gates never would have worn an NFL uniform.


Try telling that to Barkley who was what, 6"5?
Danny Fortson who is what, 6"6?

KaptnKirk12 06-11-2008 04:31 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Skill beats height any day of the week. Griffin has the strength and the skills to be a great player in the NBA...but no way in hell is he 6'9", I am pretty sure he is about the same height as Beasley if not a little shorter. 6'8" with shoes is fair.

Height doesn't mean sh!t when you can do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ugGOjUwlCY

Straight blasted Derrick Rose

InspiredLebowski 06-11-2008 04:36 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
He seems around 6'8 to me. Anyway, while height is obviously important, I think it's overvalued. The real end-all-be-all, for me, is standing reach.

Posterize246 06-11-2008 04:53 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
He seems around 6'8 to me. Anyway, while height is obviously important, I think it's overvalued. The real end-all-be-all, for me, is standing reach.

Standing reach is good. I like looking at wingspan too because usually it doesn't have much to do with standing reach (some people just have long necks). But can anybody explain to me what they actually do during the lane agility drill?

InspiredLebowski 06-11-2008 05:40 PM

Re: how tall is blake griffin?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Posterize246
Standing reach is good. I like looking at wingspan too because usually it doesn't have much to do with standing reach (some people just have long necks). But can anybody explain to me what they actually do during the lane agility drill?


I think the lane drill consists of starting on the baseline (or FT line, doesn't matter), and then there being 6 cones along the lane, one at each corner of the lane, then one on either side of the mid-way point. You do the side to side feet sliding defensive principle along the lane, bending over to touch each cone, and it's up and down the lane, not just one way. I think I remember seeing some videos of guys doing it, could be wrong.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy