Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Who should the Hawks draft? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=908)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 03:24 PM

Who should the Hawks draft?

Who should the Hawks draft, realistically? As far as players they have a shot at getting?

Dr.Funk 06-09-2006 03:42 PM

Andrea Bargnani.

I'm hoping they trade up with the Raps so the Raps don't take him.

hawkfan 06-09-2006 04:08 PM

It looks like someone out of Thomas, Roy, Gay, Morrison if they don't trade the pick.

AtlHawks 06-09-2006 08:37 PM

Brandon Roy/Randy Foye/Patrick O'Bryant

Don't need anyone else.

dynagchen 06-10-2006 01:59 AM

Trade down and pick marcus????:confused:

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 09:45 AM

The best SF still on the board at pick no.5

Unregistered 06-10-2006 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
The best SF still on the board at pick no.5

They do not need another SF they need to take M. Williams he would be perfect

SecondFiddle 06-11-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
They do not need another SF they need to take M. Williams he would be perfect

I was joking:rollingeyes:
The GM has already stated that he does not like M.Williams, I hear that he is going to take S.Williams from Duke. However, I think they should take O'Bryant and play M.Williams are the PF spot next year, and hope for a very bad year (we keep a top three pick and loss the pick next year if it's 4-30).
It's worth our while to have a bad year next year, I know that sounds crazy but a 15-67 year would be better than a 35-47 year because of next years Draft class and our pick situation. If I ran the Hawks I'd tank next year.

T21 06-13-2006 06:25 AM

Tiago Splitter!
This guy brings everything to the table and he can contribute right away! Why?
He is versatile 7 footer who runs like a small forward, has great jumping ability, long wingspan, very good mid range shooter, great passer, decent defender (great shot blocking ability), unbelievable natural bball instincts (you can't teach that)... and he is great fit for the Hawks, because he can play both 4 and 5 spots.
I've seen him play on numerous occassions and believe me, he is far better than Bargani!

JohnnyBravo5 06-13-2006 10:28 AM

No one they need to trade the pick..they are all stiffs!

hawkfan 06-13-2006 12:21 PM

It looks like someone out of Roy/Thomas/Morrison/Gay - whoever is left out of that bunch after the first four players are taken.

Maybe Roy will be the next Dwayne Wade.

Unregistered 06-14-2006 02:34 AM

With the 5th pick they should draft LaMarcus Aldridge, trade Harrington for a pick from a top 12 team in the draft, with that pick draft Marcus Williams (if available) or Rajon Rondo, and sign Joel Przybilla in the off season. With these simple moves the Hawks line-up will look like this:

Marcus Williams/ Rajon Rondo-Tyronn Lue
Joe Johnson-Salim Stoudamire
Josh Smith-Josh Childress
LaMarcus Aldridge-Marvin Williams
Zaza Pachulia-Joel Przybilla

This would be a very young and deep team that will still be under the cap. They should probably sign a veteran PF or SG as well. With the cap space and all the young talent, the Hawks can then make a move for Chris Bosh later.

fatboy11 06-17-2006 05:07 PM

Looks like you guys are getting Shelden Williams...........

SecondFiddle 06-18-2006 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
Looks like you guys are getting Shelden Williams...........

Great, Danny Ainge must have loaned on out skull expert to Billy Knight.

tontoz 06-19-2006 10:59 PM

I have to think the Shelden promise is a smokescreen, or maybe they have a trade lined up.

Assumming they keep the pick I would take Roy or Aldridge if they fall.