Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Nuggets suspend Melo two games for the DUI stuff (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92891)

insidehoops 06-23-2008 06:55 PM

Nuggets suspend Melo two games for the DUI stuff

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1349

The Denver Nuggets have suspended forward Carmelo Anthony for the first two games of the 2008-09 regular season, Nuggets Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Anthony was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol on April 14 and is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow.

KeylessEntry 06-23-2008 06:56 PM

Re: Nuggets suspend Melo two games for the DUI stuff

Seems a little early to suspend him if he has not been convicted of anything yet. Also seems a little early to suspend him considering all the trade talks he is involved with.

If Melo gets traded, will he be suspended for his first 2 games with his new team?

206kid 06-23-2008 06:57 PM

well there not going to make the playoffs, those two games are going to haunt them. at the end of the season when there 1 game behind the warriors for the 8th seed or something there going to look back at these 2 games.

Hammertime 06-23-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Seems a little early to suspend him if he has not been convicted of anything yet.

We're talking DUI here. Generally, if you're suspected of it, it's due to a failed Breathalyzer. Very rarely do people prove that the machine was busted or anything like that. He's as good as guilty.

On a related note, considering what S-Jax got 7 games for, 2 games doesn't seem enough.

Myth 06-23-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Seems a little early to suspend him if he has not been convicted of anything yet. Also seems a little early to suspend him considering all the trade talks he is involved with.

If Melo gets traded, will he be suspended for his first 2 games with his new team?

Thats an interesting question. I think it would only stick if he stayed, but I wonder if Pistons (if they were to hypothetically get him) would honor it for the sake of not looking softer on players that get DUIs.

And I don't think it is early, because Melo admitted it.

Myth 06-23-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime

On a related note, considering what S-Jax got 7 games for, 2 games doesn't seem enough.

Wasn't Jackson's for shooting a gun into the air?

crisoner 06-23-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1349

The Denver Nuggets have suspended forward Carmelo Anthony for the first two games of the 2008-09 regular season, Nuggets Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced today. Anthony was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol on April 14 and is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow.

Hey is that you holding the trophy in that pic?

starface 06-23-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime

Captain Jack was suspended by the league, and i'm sure his past transgressions had quite a bit to do with the length of his suspension

NugzFan 06-23-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 206kid
well there not going to make the playoffs, those two games are going to haunt them. at the end of the season when there 1 game behind the warriors for the 8th seed or something there going to look back at these 2 games.

the first two games will not make or break the nuggets season.

Big One 06-23-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NugzFan
the first two games will not make or break the nuggets season.

actually if you have been wtching the nuggets closely the past couple of seasons or last year in particular, 2 games can make a HUGE difference in making or breaking the season. The west is just getting better anyways not worse,

Maniak 06-23-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
Hey is that you holding the trophy in that pic?

it is.

Hammertime 06-23-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starface
Captain Jack was suspended by the league, and i'm sure his past transgressions had quite a bit to do with the length of his suspension

Melo isn't exactly a first-time offender either. Stop Snitchin' documentaries, videos in which he appears high as a kite on youtube, "keepin' weed for friends," crashing cars with JR Smith, the Brawl....

highwhey 06-24-2008 01:46 AM

:rolleyes:

*speechless*

...i think if i were melo, even at 23, my mom would spank me. maybe his mother should do the same?

big tuna 06-25-2008 05:04 AM

so what's the consensus on melo and his future with the franchise? i think denver's got some really good pieces to build on as well as contracts that are able to be moved within the next few years, but is this the guy you want leading the team into the playoffs?

Geandily 06-25-2008 09:26 AM

Elway vs. Reeves II