Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sneaker Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   I'm need new kicks..any advice? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9374)

bigboi_baller 08-26-2006 05:35 PM

I'm need new kicks..any advice?

I need ta get some "school kicks'= I want them to look good with jeans, you know worn casually. But they need to be good enough to play ball in or go to practice in. I'm looking to spend less than $125 and I'm not buying online, too much shipping time. Any ideas?

qwerty 08-26-2006 08:06 PM

There's a 30% off F&F coupon for champs and footlocker that expires tomorrow. So u might wanna get something quick if you wanna get it for cheap.

The Mamba 08-27-2006 12:19 AM

I think it is corny when kats where hoopin shoes as casual kicks. I say go with Nike Air Force 1's, or some Nike AM90s... those are the best, and are mad comfy... and go with more than bball shoes.

bigboi_baller 08-27-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mamba
I think it is corny when kats where hoopin shoes as casual kicks. I say go with Nike Air Force 1's, or some Nike AM90s... those are the best, and are mad comfy... and go with more than bball shoes.

But I got a pair of playing shoes, but whats a brother supposed to do when he wants to ball during lunch, try to play in his casual Puma, Lacoste, K Swiss kicks or worse, boots? You have to versatile to stay over my feet.

BlockShot 08-27-2006 01:59 PM

Get Marbury's...coming to a walmart near you for $15.99 :eek:

BlockShot 08-27-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
But I got a pair of playing shoes, but whats a brother supposed to do when he wants to ball during lunch, try to play in his casual Puma, Lacoste, K Swiss kicks or worse, boots? You have to versatile to stay over my feet.

he's right you know...dont wanan get our ankels broken now do we:rolleyes:

bigboi_baller 08-27-2006 07:34 PM

I got some Nike Men's Zoom 20.5.5 LeBron at Champs today. They were like 80 something dollars = Good deal. :)

The Mamba 08-27-2006 09:15 PM

Did you get the Team USA ones?

The Mamba 08-27-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

When I was in high school, I'd bring my hooping shoes with me to school each day. I was on the team, so I had a locker in the locker room. I'd play everyday before school started. Working on my game. A few of my friends and teammates did the same. Take a shower, change, go to class. After school, we'd have practice. If Bball season was over, I'd go straight to the local rec center and run pickup with all the high school, college players in the area. Wear nice casual shoes, Timbs, etc. and bring your hooping shoes seperate and leave them in a locker when you're not playing. You don't want to have sweaty gear on all day. Naw mean?

Heilige 08-27-2006 09:20 PM

Quote:

When I was in high school, I'd bring my hooping shoes with me to school each day. I was on the team, so I had a locker in the locker room. I'd play everyday before school started. Working on my game. A few of my friends and teammates did the same. Take a shower, change, go to class. After school, we'd have practice. If Bball season was over, I'd go straight to the local rec center and run pickup with all the high school, college players in the area. Wear nice casual shoes, Timbs, etc. and bring your hooping shoes seperate and leave them in a locker when you're not playing. You don't want to have sweaty gear on all day. Naw mean?

How often would you wash the soles of your hoop shoes. Mine get pretty smelly quick.

I sent you a Pm.

The Mamba 08-27-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heilige
How often would you wash the soles of your hoop shoes. Mine get pretty smelly quick.

I sent you a Pm.

Well I have a large collection of hooping shoes. So I rotate them. But I clean them after every 5-6 wears. I know about the pm, I'll hit you up asap.

Heilige 08-27-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Well I have a large collection of hooping shoes. So I rotate them. But I clean them after every 5-6 wears. I know about the pm, I'll hit you up asap.

How many do you have? Is it expensive to have as many as you do?

I only have 1 pair. :(

The Mamba 08-27-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heilige
How many do you have? Is it expensive to have as many as you do?

I only have 1 pair. :(

It can get expensive. I do it in moderation now, but yeah ... I get discounts through friends who work at shoe stores, etc.

bigboi_baller 08-28-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Did you get the Team USA ones?

Yeah, i got the team usa ones the other ones look like crap in comparison.
I'm not on the team, just love the game. But I dont have extra place in my own locker to hold extra kicks..These will work fine though, i always rotate

The Mamba 08-28-2006 01:28 PM

Well, you can always use your regular school locker. Or ask one of the coaches if you can use a locker.