Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   j.r. smith (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94000)

baller03 07-01-2008 11:09 AM

j.r. smith

what do you all think of jr smith. he is a great young talent. but the price will be definatley high for a player like him. any thoughts and ideas.

Dr.Funk 07-01-2008 11:53 AM

Re: j.r. smith

Let him stay in Denver.

Maniak 07-01-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Let him stay in Denver.

This.

Although he is a good player, he might demand too high of a salary, I think he also really likes it in Denver

RapsFan 07-01-2008 02:04 PM

In theory he's the type of player we need....but he's too much of an idiot to make any meaningful contribution to a winning team. He's all about getting his.

new noise 07-04-2008 10:58 PM

Smith is salty garbage.

If we're talking about getting a young one-dimensional athletic kid, I'd actually rather the team had gone after Gerald Green. Green at the very least has had a little sense knocked into him the hard way being let go by 3 teams already.

Koop1 07-05-2008 01:24 AM

he is the type of player this team needs
he is better than everyone on the current raptors roster lol, Bosh & O'neal the only exceptions

Strength 07-05-2008 09:31 AM

I think he's a solid player. But doesn't he settle for 3's a little bit too much.

Zan Tabak 07-05-2008 11:44 AM

He has pretty good individual skills ..but doesn't play a good team game..let him stay in Denver..

new noise 07-07-2008 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koop1
he is the type of player this team needs
he is better than everyone on the current raptors roster lol, Bosh & O'neal the only exceptions

G-A-R-B-A-G-E

RapsFan 07-07-2008 06:48 PM

If he matured at all, he is actually the exact type of player we need. It would be a risk but if he got his head on straight, his price tag would go way up. As it stands, he can be had for less then his talent (and results) are worth. Similar to adding a guy like Gerald Green for Dallas or Livingston. Super talent, but question marks.

JR Smith actually played some great, efficient ball in the last third of last year. Like 17pts on 48% shooting.

TorontoBallers 07-08-2008 11:32 AM

Colangelo wouldn't touch a guy like him..

RapsFan 07-08-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoBallers
Colangelo wouldn't touch a guy like him..

Not you specifically...but I am pretty tired of hearing that BC has a 'type'. His type is good players who will help the team win, at least it should be.

JO has complained in the past.....TJ was a complainer too. Guys in the NBA have huge egos and you deal with it. If JR Smith would help our team and was financially a fit, BC should/would go for him.

Man some Raptor fans would probably say the same thing if Beasley was available for us, or the Carmleo thread a while ago.

TorontoBallers 07-08-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RapsFan
Not you specifically...but I am pretty tired of hearing that BC has a 'type'. His type is good players who will help the team win, at least it should be.

JO has complained in the past.....TJ was a complainer too. Guys in the NBA have huge egos and you deal with it. If JR Smith would help our team and was financially a fit, BC should/would go for him.

Man some Raptor fans would probably say the same thing if Beasley was available for us, or the Carmleo thread a while ago.

ok I hear you, but sometimes you need to take a chance on proven all-stars who have a huge expiring contract in 2 years.

Smith does not have those credentials

I just look at how B.C. dealt with Dixon, it was swift, and his reasons for trading him were quite clear..

RapsFan 07-08-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorontoBallers
ok I hear you, but sometimes you need to take a chance on proven all-stars who have a huge expiring contract in 2 years.

Smith does not have those credentials

I just look at how B.C. dealt with Dixon, it was swift, and his reasons for trading him were quite clear..

Exactly. The player and team is more important then type. Dixon was a bit player who sat on the pine and complained about it. That is different then having a key player who helps win games who has a hissy fit once in a while. That is fine.

TorontoBallers 07-08-2008 02:04 PM

just based on the acquisitions B.C. made in Phoenix and with the Raps, I don't think he would be too interested in J.R. but hey I could be wrong..

crazier things have happened