Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So who's gonna be comming off the becnh for Jose? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94402)

SHEED_ gangsta 07-03-2008 06:28 PM

So who's gonna be comming off the becnh for Jose?

?????????

Beebo 07-03-2008 06:35 PM

Re: So who's gonna be comming off the becnh for Jose?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94028

Roko Ukic.

Dr.Funk 07-03-2008 08:24 PM

Unfortunately is sounds like we are going with the unproven Roko Ukic.

Zan Tabak 07-03-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Unfortunately is sounds like we are going with the unproven Roko Ukic.

Not that it really matters..Ukic will get limited minutes anyway..

SHEED_ gangsta 07-04-2008 02:38 PM

my thoughts exactly just somone to take care of the ball while Calderon gets a breather

Dr.Funk 07-04-2008 08:13 PM

I have serious questions of whether or not Jose will wear down later on in the sason.

Zan Tabak 07-04-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
I have serious questions of whether or not Jose will wear down later on in the sason.

That's a good question ..he said he wants to be a starter so lets see him deal with starter minutes over a long period of time .

If it's any consolation Calderon seems to have really good Cardio

brwnman 07-04-2008 09:35 PM

Calderon should not play in freakin' International games, but for the so-called "pride," he must. and that really hinders him late in the season...

b4ball 07-05-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
That's a good question ..he said he wants to be a starter so lets see him deal with starter minutes over a long period of time .

If it's any consolation Calderon seems to have really good Cardio

Calderon is playing in his third season in a row through the summer. Having played three years in TO at 82 games per indicates he has the strenght to play a whole season. The concern about stamina is the same one for every one who is playing Olympic ball this year. Many players are playing for a third straight summer and that's just to much ball for all of them.

NBA players need a break from the contact from this sport. The stresses put on knees, ankles, feet ect. is simply to much for any young player to withstand without a break. I wish Olympics would return to amateurs, let them get their day, maybe their break to get that big pay check. The pro's need the break.

23jordan23 07-07-2008 02:05 PM

I think if were sticking with what we have now with UKic as the backup we will be in for some probs later on in the season..as someone said hes unproven...unless we get a decent NBA ready point guard...Ukic is pointless..I dont know why we dont deal with chicago for heinrich or sonics for ritenour..thats more of a solid backcourt...Colangelo needs to calm down with the international stuff..

Too_Cool 07-07-2008 02:57 PM

All valid points so far, in turn making me a little nervous. And no one has even mentioned the tragedy that would be a serious injury suffered by Calderon. If Jose goes down, so do the Raps.

Oh boy, the luxury of two starting caliber point guards...

Qwyjibo 07-07-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

If Jose goes down, so do the Raps.

If Bosh goes down it's even worse.

If O'Neal goes down then so do the Raps probably.

This can be said for many players on many teams. Injuries are a reality but you can't go about your way expecting them to happen.

Too_Cool 07-07-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
If Bosh goes down it's even worse.

If O'Neal goes down then so do the Raps probably.

This can be said for many players on many teams. Injuries are a reality but you can't go about your way expecting them to happen.

Yeah, I suppose...just kinda touching on the fact last year it woulda been fine...maybe even fine this year, if we could of got a reliable veteran backup. Instead we'll have Ukic, and god knows what.

RapsFan 07-07-2008 05:46 PM

People are talking like the backup PG spot is of the utmost importance to our team's chances. Take a step back here. We move a redundant asset and got Jermaine O'Neal. That is a good thing. You'd rather have a hole at C but have a great backup PG? Let's focus here. Roko will be fine for his 10 mins a night. If not, we'll sign a vet PG for the min before the season starts or sometime during the year. It's not a big deal.

A MUCH bigger deal is our starting wings. If we go into the season with JO as our only move, I will be dissapointed, only because Rasho's deal and TJ could have been used to fetch two different assets, but we used both to get JO. I am only ok with that if we use some $$ to add a wing.

TorontoBallers 07-08-2008 10:27 AM

interesting thoughts..

my guess is the Colangelo already has somebody in mind, and I'm not sure it's Ukic.

But hey I could be wrong, Calderone got thrown out there his rookie year, struggled, but look how that turned out..