Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   shiiiiit... Brand signs with the Sixers... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94995)

DoubleTech 07-08-2008 09:20 PM

shiiiiit... Brand signs with the Sixers...

our division just got a lot tougher...

boston is obviously on top...

but philly is right with us, maybe even better... it's too close to tell.

Dalambert
Brand
Igoudala
Carney
A.Miller

thats a very solid defensive, rebounding and scoring starting 5.

anyone else a little nervous?

T-Low 07-08-2008 09:32 PM

Re: shiiiiit... Brand signs with the Sixers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTech
our division just got a lot tougher...

boston is obviously on top...

but philly is right with us, maybe even better... it's too close to tell.

Dalambert
Brand
Igoudala
Carney
A.Miller

thats a very solid defensive, rebounding and scoring starting 5.

anyone else a little nervous?

Health might be an issue for Brand though. The team looks very solid on paper, but will the lack of SG hurt them in the long run?

DoubleTech 07-08-2008 09:34 PM

yea, just found out they moved carney to 'sota to get a TE so they could give brand a bit more $$$.

they're gonna be hurt at the SG position and their bench.

BrownBaller 07-08-2008 09:52 PM

if O'neal is healthy and gets back close to his capable playing form it could negate the Brand factor. A front court of both Bosh and O'neal (if healthy) is better than Brand and Dalembert I feel. Though I am nervouse that our division has improved so suddenly, and just as we thought we were taking steps forward, we regressed a bit this season, and other teams have leap-frogged. :(

Zan Tabak 07-08-2008 09:53 PM

If Brand stay's healthy ..they are going to be tough to beat!!..especially the way Andre Miller picked his game up in the second half of the season last year!

Valliant13 07-08-2008 10:03 PM

They don't have much shooting...but damn will that be tough team to score on. Yeah, they got me a little worried.

power works 07-08-2008 10:07 PM

They didn't sign a prime Shaq.

They signed....overpaid...a 29-yr old coming off a serious injury.

They were also one of the few fortunate teams last year not to have injuries to their main players.

NO. They're not a worry. It's Maggette to Orlando or Boston that's a worry.

TorontoBallers 07-08-2008 10:58 PM

looks like BD can focus soley on his movie career now

bballnoob 07-08-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power works
They didn't sign a prime Shaq.

They signed....overpaid...a 29-yr old coming off a serious injury.

They were also one of the few fortunate teams last year not to have injuries to their main players.

NO. They're not a worry. It's Maggette to Orlando or Boston that's a worry.

To be fair, we're pretty much in the same boat in regard to O'Neal. Their lack of outside shooting is really going to bite them in the ass but they're right there with Toronto IMO.

danumber88 07-08-2008 11:47 PM

im anxious to see a healthy

Brand + Dalembert

Vs

O'neal + Bosh

Dat would be so nice!

But, if you check otu Brands career it's very consistent.. hes very good. If hes healthy he could regain his All-star status, ditto with oneal

power works 07-08-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballnoob
To be fair, we're pretty much in the same boat in regard to O'Neal.

Minus 3 yrs and 48 million. Huge difference. If things don't work out with JO, Raps wait another year. With Sixers, it's like 2014.

bokes15 07-09-2008 12:09 AM

They are a very good team with the new addition, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they are better than us. Brand is great, but Dalembert is a one trick pony. As for the rest of the team, they are solid, but anyone outside of Andre Igoudala is a role player.

Qwyjibo 07-09-2008 12:23 AM

I'd put the Sixers ahead of the Raptors now.

They may not have the most balanced starting lineup since they are going to have VERY little perimeter shooting with Miller, Iguodala and Young but really... that is one hell of a talented team now. If they just play to their strengths they are IMO the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston and Detroit (assuming they don't make significant changes).

bokes15 07-09-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd put the Sixers ahead of the Raptors now.

They may not have the most balanced starting lineup since they are going to have VERY little perimeter shooting with Miller, Iguodala and Young but really... that is one hell of a talented team now. If they just play to their strengths they are IMO the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston and Detroit (assuming they don't make significant changes).

We can't make that assumption before we've seen them even play one game. Who knows how big of an impact Brand will have. The way I see it, we were a better team w/o JO, and why would we suddenly be worse than them?

Qwyjibo 07-09-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

we were a better team w/o JO, and why would we suddenly be worse than them?
That's the part I think is debatable. The way the Sixers played at the end of the year, I would've put them over the Raptors going into this season if neither team made a change.