Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95490)

Chalkmaze 07-12-2008 03:47 AM

Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
I know you're closer to Portland, Golden State and all that, but I always felt Seattle had some slight ties to Utah, maybe because that's near where John Stockton is from, maybe it's that my family is from there (back a couple generations), that they're both smaller markets, that Seattle came to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Reviews, that I saw Detlef talking smack back and forth with one of the Jazz superfans (Suds), and read later that they were friends and went out to lunch and stuff. That Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone duo's had some similarities. I don't know, Seattle just seemed more neighborly than most other NBA teams around. As a lifetime Jazz fan, I'd readily accept having Sonics fans among the legion of Jazz fans. It hasn't really sunk in that the Supersonics won't be there next year, and I know it's probably too early to think about what team to root for, but try to be open minded, I think having more Washington state fans would add a lot of positives to the Jazz organization.

Now I know Utah gets labeled as this mormon town blah blah.. but I've always gravitated to the Jazz because it transended the religious divide here. Everyone can go to a Jazz game, differences and all, and still get along and feel a little harmony between each other. It would be great to have even more diversity and pick up a few of the Stockton fans.

$14.98 07-12-2008 08:22 AM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Sweet!

I have to admit following the Sonics for many years, I always hated the Jazz because they always gave the Sonics a tough game. It was never easy for the Sonics to win, especially at the Delta Center (still the stadium?).

Carlos Boozer, AK47, and Deron Will are 3 great players. I enjoy watching them and respect their games very much.

RainierBeachPoet 07-12-2008 05:27 PM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
I know you're closer to Portland, Golden State and all that, but I always felt Seattle had some slight ties to Utah, maybe because that's near where John Stockton is from, maybe it's that my family is from there (back a couple generations), that they're both smaller markets, that Seattle came to Utah for the Rocky Mountain Reviews, that I saw Detlef talking smack back and forth with one of the Jazz superfans (Suds), and read later that they were friends and went out to lunch and stuff. That Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone duo's had some similarities. I don't know, Seattle just seemed more neighborly than most other NBA teams around. As a lifetime Jazz fan, I'd readily accept having Sonics fans among the legion of Jazz fans. It hasn't really sunk in that the Supersonics won't be there next year, and I know it's probably too early to think about what team to root for, but try to be open minded, I think having more Washington state fans would add a lot of positives to the Jazz organization.

Now I know Utah gets labeled as this mormon town blah blah.. but I've always gravitated to the Jazz because it transended the religious divide here. Everyone can go to a Jazz game, differences and all, and still get along and feel a little harmony between each other. It would be great to have even more diversity and pick up a few of the Stockton fans.

like $14, i have hated the jazz during the 90s, but i have really liked the deron-boozer et al group you have put together now

while i wanted the jazz to lose, i always wanted stockton to do well-- he is by far the best player from washington state ever

(( ps-- i took the liberty to re-post your thoughts at:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=1#post2022724

JellyBean 07-30-2008 02:45 AM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
LOL. Thanks but I will pass. Nothing against the Jazz and all. But I will stick with Minnesota and Seattle being my favorite teams. Hey, we still have baseball and football in Seattle. Plus, I have been a fan of the Seattle Storm. So there is still basketball in Seattle.

Chalkmaze 07-30-2008 02:52 AM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
LOL. Thanks but I will pass. Nothing against the Jazz and all. But I will stick with Minnesota and Seattle being my favorite teams. Hey, we still have baseball and football in Seattle. Plus, I have been a fan of the Seattle Storm. So there is still basketball in Seattle.


Guess if you live in MN that's ok... I stopped through MN just the other week, and spent about 5 days there in Feb. I've got friends there, you'd never catch me living there though, the winters are just too brutal.

marny_navis 07-31-2008 11:26 PM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Ehh good offer, but I think Sonic fans would rather convert to the Spurs. :D

Just kidding

RainierBeachPoet 08-01-2008 10:29 AM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Ehh good offer, but I think Sonic fans would rather convert to the Spurs. :D

Just kidding


with the current rosters, i would rather cheer for the jazz than the spurs!

Chalkmaze 08-01-2008 10:29 AM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Ehh good offer, but I think Sonic fans would rather convert to the Spurs. :D

Just kidding


Seattle and the Alamo... now that rings a bell.... hmmmm actually no it doesn't lol.

catzhernandez 08-02-2008 06:12 PM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
I repped everyone I could in this thread. now rep me back!!

:party::party:

marny_navis 08-02-2008 10:38 PM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
with the current rosters, i would rather cheer for the jazz than the spurs!


:(

Fine, whatever. Spurs > all

1982 08-05-2008 07:48 PM

Re: Sonics fans, feel free to join the Utah Jazz bandwagon
 
I can't root for a load of white guys! (im white so relaxxxxxxx)

I'll be a FA fan but I hope Portland do well, I repsect their brilliant management over the last 2 years.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy