Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Marcus williams please! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96390)

bluerap 07-19-2008 09:40 AM

Marcus williams please!

"Dooling would sign a three-year deal for between $10 million and $11 million and then be sent to the Nets for their $3.3 million trade exception acquired from Dallas in the Jason Kidd trade.

This deal probably won't be finalized until next week, but when it is it will give the Nets 16 players under contract and almost certainly would spell the end of Marcus Williams' career with the team.

The Nets have been looking to move Williams the past two summers. Once they secure the veteran combo guard Dooling, he immediately would jump to No. 2 behind Devin Harris and also could spell Vince Carter at the two.

The Nets aren't going to give away Williams. They could try and deal him for a draft pick or package him with another player in a 2-for-1-type of deal to create a roster spot.

there would be little need for Williams."

I would LOVE to have marcus williams on our team. He would make an ideal backup to jose if roko doesn't pan out. he only has one year guaranteed at 1.2 million with a team option for next.

bballnoob 07-19-2008 04:20 PM

Re: Marcus williams please!

I dunno, I wasn't overly impressed with his decision making on the court. For all the hype about Kidd going to be his mentor and all that crap, it didn't look like he developed at all from his rookie season. You can take a young guy for cheap as your 3rd PG and hope it works out.

T-Low 07-20-2008 12:46 PM

I honestly like Marcus' type of play. And if you watched a lot of Nets games (as I did), I was overly impressed. He just didn't get enough time. Sean Williams also was doin a great job earlier and they just let him sit the bench because of Boone. So, I would take a chance on him anyday....

BrownBaller 07-20-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
I honestly like Marcus' type of play.

I agree. I felt that the time he took over after kidd was traded and harris was injured, he showed some flashes and had some good stat lines.

Skywalker 07-20-2008 07:51 PM

One of the worst defensive point guards in the league. Ill take ROKO.

Burgz 07-21-2008 08:33 AM

no thanks

Zan Tabak 07-21-2008 11:04 AM

Yeah..I'd rather take my chances with Roko ..Marcus seems to lack the confidence/will at times ..

RapsFan 07-21-2008 11:58 AM

I don't get what Jersey is doing. They get all these bits players like Najera and now Dooling.....but trade away RJ? Guys like Dooling and Najera are missing link type role players to a good team. NJ will suck but have a lot of nice young pieces to rebuild. I don't get why even spend the money on these type of guys....to win 30 instead of 25 games? Why not just win 25 and get a better pick for Lebron to play with in 2010.

Jballer 07-21-2008 04:03 PM

If you really want you could have a similar player in Sebatian Telfir (spelling?)

He's available.

Spotty O spotty D uncertain of what you have.

...but to your point depth can be important. We have a lot of eggs invested in Jose being durable.... forget about Bosh and JO....

BrownBaller 07-22-2008 04:00 PM

telfair re-upped with minny, marcus williams traded to Gstate

and so no one cries about sources, realgm.com for proof

Dr.Funk 07-22-2008 04:28 PM

Honestly what are the Nets doing?

BrownBaller 07-22-2008 04:34 PM

all I can say is VC must be hating himself...

bluerap 07-22-2008 07:22 PM

hah hah Vince!

Getting exactly what he deserves.
I can't imagine lebron wanting to play on that team. They won't be able to add anything on top of him because they have all of their money tied up in vince and harris.

Jalen5 07-22-2008 09:01 PM

he's probably going to ask for a trade to the knicks now

BrownBaller 07-22-2008 09:37 PM

he might not care, during the season phil jackson acussed VC of just playing, and not caring, as long as he's payed he doesn't care really anymore