Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   delfino officially gone (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96392)

bluerap 07-19-2008 09:56 AM

delfino officially gone

appears he has signed a 3 year contract for THIRTY MILLION (30 that's right) to play with khimki moscow. Apparently he only had 2 firm offers, one from khimki and one from the detroit pistons (probably for about 1 million).
He has an opt out in each of the next (or last) 2 seasons.

Note: the original article I read off of Hoop shype said 30 million. I have not seen any confirmed numbers.

Zan Tabak 07-19-2008 10:49 AM

Re: delfino officially gone

Can you blame him?..that's quite a pay raise!:eek:

Tool 07-19-2008 03:11 PM

I'm questioning your credibility until I see some proof.

StroShow4 07-19-2008 04:08 PM

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress...arlos_d_1.html

bluerap 07-19-2008 06:19 PM

go to hoop shype rumors find-> delfino
click link for la nacion

new noise 07-19-2008 08:44 PM

Good for him. Glad he was able to show some of the things he could do this past year, but he obviously wasn't going to be a keeper with the money he was going to want.

The Italian 07-20-2008 12:29 AM

Not too worried about it as a Raptor fan. The guy sucked most of the time anyways. He would have the odd good game here and there but most of the time he was awful.

It shouldn't be hard to replace him at all.

antonaki1 07-20-2008 02:00 AM

He basically did everything Joey Graham is capable of doing, only thing is that he did it all 10X better. Raps WILL miss him, unless Joey finally improves 1000 percent.

Jalen5 07-20-2008 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonaki1
He basically did everything Joey Graham is capable of doing, only thing is that he did it all 10X better. Raps WILL miss him, unless Joey finally improves 1000 percent.

I lol irl. You all have all that hope on Joey Graham but all we do is BASH on AB because he's the #1 pick and we expect him to be this amazingly amazing player.

Joey Graham is soft...period.

I thought Delfino's new contract was 3yr 13.5mil

RapsFan 07-20-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalen5
I lol irl. You all have all that hope on Joey Graham but all we do is BASH on AB because he's the #1 pick and we expect him to be this amazingly amazing player.

Joey Graham is soft...period.

I thought Delfino's new contract was 3yr 13.5mil

Both Graham and AB are terrible. I will bash them both.

bluerap 07-20-2008 11:26 AM

AB is not terrible. He had an excellent rookie season and came out of the gates last season alright. For whatever reason (starting, playing Centre which he is obviously not designed for, sophmore jinx) he did not play very well for most of the season last year. But it was only one season. I feel confident he can bounce back playing a similar role as he did in year 1. It is a shame because he will probably never develop to be the best player in that year (and I still believe he was drafted by BC because he is Italian, also why kapono got such a big contract). But take a look at the rest of that draft. #2 was aldridge who is good but not spectacular and I think the ceiling for Bargs is higher and most would have agreed before last season. After that Morrison #3, Tyrus Thomas #4, Shelden Williams #5. That is a major bust in the top 5.
Of course brandon roy and rudy gay went 6 and 8. But noone wanted to take them in the top 5 and at the time no one thought either was deserving of 1st overall. When you have #1 you want to hit a home run and looking back Bargs was still the most intriguing player (not the safest but the most intriguing). Like chuck says, let's not throw this kid under the bus yet.

BrownBaller 07-20-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluerap
Like chuck says, let's not throw this kid under the bus yet.

He's gone, where's the keys to the bus?

But in all seriousness, I think this is the defining year for Bargs. I'm more optimistic than I was since I found out all the work he will be putting in, but I'm gonna hold judgment until partway through the season.

HalphbreedBaller 07-20-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBaller
He's gone, where's the keys to the bus?

But in all seriousness, I think this is the defining year for Bargs. I'm more optimistic than I was since I found out all the work he will be putting in, but I'm gonna hold judgment until partway through the season.

I agree....

This season is it...

I talked to Jack Armstrong about him & he changed my thoughts on AB Cause I wanted him traded, he said look how good he is when he has a good game about 26 points 8 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block is about his average when he plays well and does get over the 20 point mark....Yes when he has bad games they are really bad like 4 or 5 points and 1 rebound...
He went on to say just think what will happen if he has more good games then bad games....

& then I agreed with him its not a matter of if AB is going to get better its really when.

Sekman 07-20-2008 06:11 PM

I am still a big fan of delfino... I think he can be a much better player if given more play time. whatever salary Parker makes, i think he deserves as much if not MORE

BrownBaller 07-20-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekman
i think he deserves as much if not MORE

he's gonna make about 3 million euros a year, and after conversion and the tax free factor, translates to about 9 million a year, he's not a 9 mill/yr player so i can see why he ran back across the pond

Also, europe seems to be really into any american player they can get their hands on, brandon jennings is going to be making about 600 000 dollars US while he is the highschool guinea pig, and even pops-mensah bhonsu(?) has a 850 000 euro offer form a club..yaa pops is gonna be making more than the vet min established players in the league play for... :wtf: