Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My trade machine: (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96512)

bokes15 07-20-2008 03:59 PM

My trade machine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...8~28&te=&cash=
Los Angeles Lakers

Incoming Players
Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1

Kris Humphries
Salary: $3,200,000 Years Remaining: 2

Joey Graham
Salary: $2,449,184 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Jordan Farmar, Lamar OdomToronto Raptors

Toronto Raptors
Incoming Players
Jordan Farmar
Salary: $1,080,000 Years Remaining: 1

Lamar Odom
Salary: $14,148,596 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Andrea Bargnani, Anthony Parker, Kris Humphries, Joey Graham

Unfortunately we'd have to trade a lot of contracts to match a Lamar Odom's contract but if we could somehow trade Bargnani + fillers (which I know we can't) and bring in Odom, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Qwyjibo 07-20-2008 04:09 PM

Re: My trade machine:

I wouldn't do it. Odom is a solid player but he isn't needed as much anymore now that the "Bargnani at C" is officially over. O'Neal/Bosh/Moon is a plenty good frontcourt IMO.

Some combination of Parker, Bargnani, Graham, future 1st rounder for an SG is what I'd prefer. I see no reason to trade Humphries either. He is a cheap, young and solid player coming off the bench.

bokes15 07-20-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I wouldn't do it. Odom is a solid player but he isn't needed as much anymore now that the "Bargnani at C" is officially over. O'Neal/Bosh/Moon is a plenty good frontcourt IMO.

Some combination of Parker, Bargnani, Graham, future 1st rounder for an SG is what I'd prefer. I see no reason to trade Humphries either. He is a cheap, young and solid player coming off the bench.

yeah. i didn't really like the trade but it's the only way i could see getting the contracts to match short of giving up Bosh. Anyways, I wouldn't do it either but just imagine a starting lineup of:

Jermaine O'neal
Chris Bosh
Lamar Odom
Anthony Parker
Jose Calderon

Sekman 07-20-2008 06:36 PM

I'll definitely do it.. but i don't think the Lakers are gettin' anything in return ...

this is not a rumoured trade right?

Jalen5 07-20-2008 06:41 PM

Lakes love what farmer and odom is doing for em what makes u think they will trade em really...

We sign ukic for backup pg, no point getting another pg since we do have adams as the 3rd stringer.

HalphbreedBaller 07-20-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
yeah. i didn't really like the trade but it's the only way i could see getting the contracts to match short of giving up Bosh. Anyways, I wouldn't do it either but just imagine a starting lineup of:

Jermaine O'neal
Chris Bosh
Lamar Odom
Anthony Parker
Jose Calderon

Didn't you trade Parker in your original trade scenario? Duh? LOL

I would much rather do this trade....I tried it on the real GM trade checker & It actually worked.

I know its not a possibility but with JO and Bosh What about adding J rich??? Championship run??

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.
Due to Toronto and Charlotte being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Toronto and Charlotte had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Trade ID
Trade ID #4733845
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Jason Richardson
6-6 SG from Michigan State
No games yet played in 2007/08

Outgoing Players
Joey Graham
6-7 SF from Oklahoma State
Anthony Parker
6-6 SG / SF from Bradley
Andrea Bargnani
7-0 PF from Italy (Foreign)

Charlotte Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: 0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, and 0.0 apg.
Incoming Players
Joey Graham
6-7 SF from Oklahoma State
Anthony Parker
6-6 SG / SF from Bradley
Andrea Bargnani
7-0 PF from Italy (Foreign)

Outgoing Players
Jason Richardson
6-6 SG from Michigan State

A Starting 5 of:

Jose
J Rich
Moon
Bosh
JO

Bench:

Kapono
Hump
Ukic
Adams
C.J. Giles
Nathan Jawai
Scrubs

bluerap 07-21-2008 12:51 AM

J rich would be very nice.
Not sure that charlotte would be interested though.

I posted a suggested trade on the kings forum and at least one fan suggested he would trade salmons and garcia for bargs. I would be all over it.

Good Old Willy 07-21-2008 01:38 AM

Interesting.

Good comments above.

Why are not more people looking at number of players on the Rap rsoter? Are the Raps not literally a $1000 under the tax threshold now, and only have 13 players? Raps are hardly in a position to make any 2-1 deals, no matter how juicy.

bokes15 07-21-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Interesting.

Good comments above.

Why are not more people looking at number of players on the Rap rsoter? Are the Raps not literally a $1000 under the tax threshold now, and only have 13 players? Raps are hardly in a position to make any 2-1 deals, no matter how juicy.

well this thread I believe is more of an "I wish" thread than things we are actually expecting to happen.