Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Any regrets on Webber trade? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97313)

Californiafan 07-26-2008 05:28 PM

Any regrets on Webber trade?

I wonder if the team could go back and undo the Webber trade to Philly if the would? Webber, Barnes, and Michael Bradley traded for Corliss, Kenny Thomas, and Brian Skinner. In the meanwhile Philly rode out Webber's contract and finally created room to make one of this summer's major acquistions of Brand. Meanwhile the Kings are still sitting on Thomas for
$7.9M this year and $8.6 next year. What do you think?

DEBORAH 07-26-2008 06:03 PM

Re: Any regrets on Webber trade?

Skinner is still playing.
Barnes is still in the NBA.

Webber neved did recover from his injury in full, so in reality that was a
good trade.

Hopefully Thomas will get traded, but WHY does the COACH not like him?

No one can be in Petrie's shoes, he has to make up his mind quick in some
instances as situations arise.

Californiafan 07-26-2008 11:40 PM

[quote=DEBORAH]

Hopefully Thomas will get traded, but WHY does the COACH not like him?

QUOTE]
I'm not sure why the complete turn off. Thomas is a decent rebounder, but his scoring is not there and he doesn't seem able to play much defense.

Kings_Alex 07-27-2008 12:36 AM

i think thomas has attitude problems towards his playing time, so he gets none at all? when i look back at it, i do feel somewhat regretful for what petrie did, we gained nothing in corliss, k9, and skinner really except a bad record which led to the drafting of kevin martin which i do not regret AT ALL.

the kings are VERY fortunate they got a very skillful player at the 26th draft spot. cisco is becoming more confident and douby as well. hawes is still devloping and with thompson coming in, we'll see if all the years struggling to make the playoffs will work out.

i honestly think 3 more years and the kings will be a great contender. i would've loved to see c-webb retire as a king though. =(

Californiafan 07-27-2008 03:59 AM

He certainly had his best years with the Kings. I also think the community as well as the organization treated him well. Other than maybe Mitch Richmond, he has been the best player to have played during the Sacramento era. The jersey #4 should be in the rafters one day soon.

Moose 08-05-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings_Alex
i think thomas has attitude problems towards his playing time, so he gets none at all? when i look back at it, i do feel somewhat regretful for what petrie did, we gained nothing in corliss, k9, and skinner really except a bad record which led to the drafting of kevin martin which i do not regret AT ALL.

the kings are VERY fortunate they got a very skillful player at the 26th draft spot. cisco is becoming more confident and douby as well. hawes is still devloping and with thompson coming in, we'll see if all the years struggling to make the playoffs will work out.

i honestly think 3 more years and the kings will be a great contender. i would've loved to see c-webb retire as a king though. =(

Actually, Martin was drafted in 2004. The C-Webb trade happed during the 2005 trade deadline.

LAZYBOY 08-07-2008 01:23 AM

Since the day it happened and to this day I say it's the worst trade in kings history. Kenny Thomas makes me sick.