Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oklahoma City Thunder Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OKC team name NOT Thunder? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97493)

InspiredLebowski 07-28-2008 03:39 PM

OKC team name NOT Thunder?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)—The NBA has filed for trademark rights to six nicknames for the league’s new Oklahoma City franchise: Barons, Bison, Energy, Marshalls, Thunder and Wind.

The NBA and the team have refused to discuss possible new names for the team formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics ahead of an official announcement, which has not yet been scheduled.

edit: Hey mod, wanna edit that "OCK" in the title to "OKC?"

Haphazardly 07-28-2008 07:04 PM

Re: OCK team name NOT Thunder?

OKC Haphazardlies!

Shaq Diesel 07-28-2008 07:51 PM

i personally dont like any of those names, hopefully theyll get sumthing better than one of those.

DouXer4ouR 07-28-2008 08:23 PM

Those names are weak....no creativity...nothing. Isn't there anythin in OKC besides storms and Cowboys?

InspiredLebowski 07-28-2008 08:29 PM

And "Marshalls" is a misspelling. I know, sometimes Americans add the extra L, but it should only be used in a name as far as I'm concerned.

malkahc 07-30-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouXer4ouR
Those names are weak....no creativity...nothing. Isn't there anythin in OKC besides storms and Cowboys?

Black people(Im black myself), Hispanics(mainly mexicans,guatlans and small amout of puerto rican), Indians(india), Iranian(meet alot of those)Native Americans oh and white people(which thats the only race people think is here :wtf: this isn't Utah!!!!!!

Gangs Crips,Bloods,Surenos(mexican gang of the nation).
Sports is really big here thats why we're getting a team:D.

You'll only see Cowboy if you went to a nobody town in oklahoma. and we dont' have ascents just your normal American acsent.

Also we don't have hicks(havent seen any) here, just because we're next Texas doesn't mean anything. Cowboys yes in some areas.

Oklahoma is all about kindness and growth. People dislike us simply because they know nothing about us just because they saw Footloose and Saving Grace(great show but bad image for the state cus its more like TX and Mempis)they all of OK is like that! theres not that much racism here either.

Only reason i wrote this cus the sterotypes are out of control.

Buffalobraves 08-05-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkahc
Black people(Im black myself), Hispanics(mainly mexicans,guatlans and small amout of puerto rican), Indians(india), Iranian(meet alot of those)Native Americans oh and white people(which thats the only race people think is here :wtf: this isn't Utah!!!!!!

You'll only see Cowboy if you went to a nobody town in oklahoma. and we dont' have ascents just your normal American acsent.

Also we don't have hicks(havent seen any) here, just because we're next Texas doesn't mean anything. Cowboys yes in some areas.

Oklahoma is all about kindness and growth. People dislike us simply because they know nothing about us just because they saw Footloose and Saving Grace(great show but bad image for the state cus its more like TX and Mempis)they all of OK is like that! theres not that much racism here either.

Nice Rant.

He's right though I've been to Oklahoma and there really isn't anything that all these stero types suggest there is.

snipes12 08-20-2008 07:39 AM

baron's wud be nice

franchize 08-26-2008 12:03 AM

I like the Barons only cuz it flows well.Thunder is decent but I was thinking about cyclones.but seriously you guys need to hurry up and find a name. Times a tickin....p.s. what about the Oklahoma City Stampede?

Buffalobraves 08-26-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I like the Barons only cuz it flows well.Thunder is decent but I was thinking about cyclones.but seriously you guys need to hurry up and find a name. Times a tickin....p.s. what about the Oklahoma City Stampede?

I agree they need to hurry up. Stampede donsen't sound right. I liked energy.

SoonerBounce13 08-27-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkahc

I know you mean well, but a lot of okies do have accents and there are definately hicks. Not that that is a bad thing. If you get out of the metro areas you will see them. I work in the oilfield and trust me there are hicks

T.O.RAPS 08-29-2008 06:38 PM

And your new team name is Thunder....have fun with that

http://www.newsok.com/okcs-nba-team-...?tm=1219893105

1~Gibson~1 08-29-2008 07:07 PM

No offense OKC fans but who the hell would wanna be called the Oklahoma City Bisons? :oldlol:

RainierBeachPoet 08-29-2008 09:53 PM

i still like clay bennett's sister's suggestion:

the OKC Inbreeders

:lol

Buffalobraves 08-30-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
No offense OKC fans but who the hell would wanna be called the Oklahoma City Bisons? :oldlol:

Yeah why would they even suggest Bisons? We have the Bisons in Buffalo but it dosen't make sense in OKC.