Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Our "one" Panther thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97687)

onewickedlady 07-29-2008 09:51 PM

Our "one" Panther thread
 
Thanks Timmeh.

MOOSE IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Bobcat4Ever 07-29-2008 11:12 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so first off, W/L predictions for this upcoming season?

The past 2 season have been dissapointments but we have gotten way bigger upfront and looks as if we might have us a running game again.

I'm hoping maybe 10 wins but I think that's a stratch.

Timmeh 07-30-2008 12:31 AM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
7-9 again. Delhomme sucks coming off the surgery.

He has a problem holding onto the football whenever he's sacked. It seems like half the time he gets sacked (albeit a low number), he fumbles.

Even though he has the 2 receivers that put him on the map and opened the rest of the league's eyes to the Panthers, I don't see the team doing that good, especially relying on the same backs as last year. (Foster's not with the team right? Or maybe I was dreaming.)

rufuspaul 07-30-2008 08:02 AM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
I think Jonathan Stewart will be a great back in the league. Having Jeff Otah up front will be a huge help. This will also open up the passing game and Jake now has several solid targets. Combine this with Peppers coming to camp looking like a bear ready to kill and I have high hopes. Even if Jake goes down, I have confidence in Moore and Basanez. I think 10-6 isn't a stretch at all.

onewickedlady 07-30-2008 02:11 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
I was really impressed with Basanez during the last training camp but then he ended up being cut and Moore proved last season that he's not a wimp. I do feel insecure about Delhomme and that may end up being a problem for the team. Fox plays Delhomme even when he shouldn't and that creates losses for our team. And even though I'm jazzed about Peppers, Muhsin and Steve Smith, among others, I question whether the other teams have improved equally or more than the Panthers have. That would keep our team to maybe 8 wins. Last season's coaching changes, which were supposed to be awesome, were a bomb. What's happening on the coaching end for this upcoming season?

TarCat 07-30-2008 05:27 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I was really impressed with Basanez during the last training camp but then he ended up being cut and Moore proved last season that he's not a wimp. I do feel insecure about Delhomme and that may end up being a problem for the team. Fox plays Delhomme even when he shouldn't and that creates losses for our team. And even though I'm jazzed about Peppers, Muhsin and Steve Smith, among others, I question whether the other teams have improved equally or more than the Panthers have. That would keep our team to maybe 8 wins. Last season's coaching changes, which were supposed to be awesome, were a bomb. What's happening on the coaching end for this upcoming season?

Actually, Basanez was injured in pre-season last year. He is on the current roster.

onewickedlady 07-30-2008 05:40 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TarCat
Actually, Basanez was injured in pre-season last year. He is on the current roster.


Thanks for the correction because I could have sworn that he was cut or just plain wasn't signed because we had Carr, Moore and Vinny as well as Jake at the beginning of the season. My bad.

rufuspaul 08-01-2008 08:13 AM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
I just snapped out of my summer coma and realized that Peppers is in a contract year.:party:

TarHeelBorn 08-01-2008 05:29 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
So Steve Smith punched out Ken Lucas. Discuss...

TarHeelBorn 08-01-2008 05:34 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I just snapped out of my summer coma and realized that Peppers is in a contract year.:party:

So why is that a good thing?

onewickedlady 08-01-2008 06:42 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Peppers being in a contract year is a good thing just like it would be if he played for the NBA because if he wants a job next season then he's going to play his heart out this year. (And because he certainly didn't contribute to last year's team).

TarHeelBorn 08-01-2008 07:29 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Peppers being in a contract year is a good thing just like it would be if he played for the NBA because if he wants a job next season then he's going to play his heart out this year. (And because he certainly didn't contribute to last year's team).

Ya but that also means he could leave us after this season.

Case in point: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=3513875

rufuspaul 08-01-2008 09:17 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Well that's certainly true. The precedent is that usually players in a contract year have the best year of their lives, see Muhammad,Mushin. It's terrible what happenend in practice today. I don't know what kind of testosterone kick Smitty was on, but that was uncalled for. He's done it before.
Too bad he's probably the best receiver in the nfc.

TarHeelBorn 08-01-2008 09:44 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Too bad he's probably the best receiver in the nfL.

Made the correction for ya.

Bobcat4Ever 08-02-2008 01:11 PM

Re: Our "one" Panther thread
 
Quote:

Panthers suspend Smith for first two games

CHARLES CHANDLER
cchandler@charlotteobserver.com

Posted: Saturday, Aug. 02, 2008

Coach John Fox just announced that wide receiver Steve Smith has been suspended for the first two games of the season for punching cornerback Ken Lucas on the sidelines during Friday's training camp practice in Spartanburg.

Fox, speaking after the Fan Fest scrimmage at Bank of America Stadium, said Smith's actions would not be tolerated and that Smith has been given conditions for the future regarding such behavior.

Fox said Lucas suffered a broken nose.

More details to come.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/423/story/104004.html

Well isn't that just freakin great. Way to be a team leader Steve.

So I really see no way that we beat SD in week 1. We should still take care of the Bears because come one, it's the Bears lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy