Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Depth chart? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98015)

gasolina 08-01-2008 11:19 AM

Depth chart?
 
Potential Depth chart?

C - Miller / Hawes
PF - Moore / Thompson / Shelden
SF - Garcia / Salmons / Ewing
SG - Martin / Salmons
PG - Udrih / B-Jax

Agree? Disagree?

Can someone elaborate on what role Thompson is going to play? Is he projected to start? Back up both big man spots? Or be a project?

Admiral 08-01-2008 07:59 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
Potential Depth chart?

C - Miller / Hawes
PF - Moore / Thompson / Shelden
SF - Garcia / Salmons / Ewing
SG - Martin / Salmons
PG - Udrih / B-Jax

Agree? Disagree?

Can someone elaborate on what role Thompson is going to play? Is he projected to start? Back up both big man spots? Or be a project?


from what little i've seen/heard about him, thompson could potentially (especially on the kings) back both spots. he's big and athletic - both qualities that are lacking in both the PF and C positions for us. from what i read though, supposedly in that trade to make salaries work or something, ewing and singletary would be going to houston and probably released or some **** - i dont really remember....

if that's the case, ironically, i think there would be too many PGs with udrih, singletary, brown and bobby jax, and it would leave us yet again, lacking in the big man department. i wish we coulda kept justin williams and let him develop correctly giving him minutes. oy...i just want smart deals from here on out...the one for bobby and basically 2 #1 picks for a loon (albeit a talented one) who was gonna leave anyway was brilliant IMO. i haven't seen greene so i can't speak to his potential, but i haven't heard anything bad yet about him.

so if you include him, and get rid of ewing, and include bobby brown too then the depth chart looks more like:

miller/hawes
moore/thompson/shelden
garcia/salmons/greene
martin/garcia
udrih/b-jax/brown


young but potentially solid...i dont necessarily foresee an increase in wins with this team this season, but if we get maybe one more solid big man and the kids develop nicely and get some decent team chemistry i think it could be a 45-50 win team in a couple seasons

Californiafan 08-01-2008 09:44 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
You realize if the team keeps up this player acquisition of players with color names Brown and Greene, the next player in line should be Michael Redd.

Admiral 08-03-2008 02:30 AM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Californiafan
You realize if the team keeps up this player acquisition of players with color names Brown and Greene, the next player in line should be Michael Redd.



players with "color" names? do you mean names that will attract attention by the shear value of their name or are you saying literally "color" names? brown and greene aren't exactly the most exciting names in the league so if you are thinking they are "color" names, you are sadly mistaken and probably haven't seen a whole lot of kings basketball.

basically, kings basketball is in a serious adjustment period and to sign people just to sign them would be retarded. trust me, the signings thus far have not been for a vote of popularity by the kings - it has been strictly for the benefit of the team as a whole for future seasons to come. "bobby brown" doesn't exactly strike a sense of excitement into me

listen, the kings aren't looking to trade brad miller just to say we traded brad miller for someone else we won't use.

how do you justify brown and greene as the same class as even a used up michael redd? that's like me saying that because the cavs happened to re-sign gibson, they basically resigned a second lebron type shooter...

i'm not sure what you meant by that comment but it sounded like you don't really understand either basketball in general or anyone young who could potentially add anything to a team...either way, maybe don't post anything until you have something intelligent to say instead of comparing bobby brown and donte greene to michael redd...

Californiafan 08-03-2008 03:01 AM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
players with "color" names? do you mean names that will attract attention by the shear value of their name or are you saying literally "color" names? brown and greene aren't exactly the most exciting names in the league so if you are thinking they are "color" names, you are sadly mistaken and probably haven't seen a whole lot of kings basketball.

basically, kings basketball is in a serious adjustment period and to sign people just to sign them would be retarded. trust me, the signings thus far have not been for a vote of popularity by the kings - it has been strictly for the benefit of the team as a whole for future seasons to come. "bobby brown" doesn't exactly strike a sense of excitement into me

listen, the kings aren't looking to trade brad miller just to say we traded brad miller for someone else we won't use.

how do you justify brown and greene as the same class as even a used up michael redd? that's like me saying that because the cavs happened to re-sign gibson, they basically resigned a second lebron type shooter...

i'm not sure what you meant by that comment but it sounded like you don't really understand either basketball in general or anyone young who could potentially add anything to a team...either way, maybe don't post anything until you have something intelligent to say instead of comparing bobby brown and donte greene to michael redd...

You have no sense of humor. I was just commenting of the last names being "colors".

Admiral 08-03-2008 08:55 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Californiafan
You have no sense of humor. I was just commenting of the last names being "colors".



my apologies, i was drinkin a little and the colors thing flew right over my drunken head, lol my bad :cheers:

Californiafan 08-03-2008 11:20 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
my apologies, i was drinkin a little and the colors thing flew right over my drunken head, lol my bad :cheers:

not a problem

gasolina 08-04-2008 05:51 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral
miller/hawes
moore/thompson/shelden
garcia/salmons/greene
martin/garcia
udrih/b-jax/brown


The only thing that bothers me about this lineup is the 2/3 rotation. Sure it's pretty solid with Martin / Garcia / Salmons, but Martin and Garcia haven't exactly been Mr. Ironman for the past seasons or so. I hope they grab a young wing.

Speaking of Greene, a lot of people have him as an SF rather than a PF. Though I haven't seen him play, si he like a Tayshaun Prince?

Admiral 08-04-2008 08:19 PM

Re: Depth chart?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gasolina
The only thing that bothers me about this lineup is the 2/3 rotation. Sure it's pretty solid with Martin / Garcia / Salmons, but Martin and Garcia haven't exactly been Mr. Ironman for the past seasons or so. I hope they grab a young wing.

Speaking of Greene, a lot of people have him as an SF rather than a PF. Though I haven't seen him play, si he like a Tayshaun Prince?


to be honest i don't know, from what i've read about him he is more of a post player and i believe his build is bigger than the likes of tayshaun though i can't really speak on him too much because i know so little of him. can anyone shed light on it? big_boi or showtime perhaps?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy