Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   so...cutler, leinart, or young? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9834)

TheBynumProject 09-01-2006 01:35 AM

so...cutler, leinart, or young?
 
1)Leinart- this kid got screwed when he fell to ten. hes a great player, smart player, right attitude, and clearly has enough arm strength to succeed in the NFL. dunno what happened on draft day. jets threw up a brick when they passed on him at 4. will play in multiple pro bowls

2)Cutler- leinart beats him by the slimmest of margins. this kid is going to be good. excellent prospest. brings that gunslinger mentality, but is not reckless. multiple pro bowls are in his future.

3)Young. went first, but is the worst prospect of the three. big question mark as an NFL quarterback. not all that impressed.

JordanPippenRodman 09-01-2006 01:39 AM

is this a serious question? leinart is going to be amazing in this league.

scipio 09-01-2006 01:41 AM

Leinart. I can see him being a Tom Brady type. It helps that he has a particularly good offensive coach in Denny Green and two very good receivers. He really should have been the highest drafted of these qb's. I think he has the skills, smarts, and overall ability to succeed, and he's in a good position. Cutler is in a decent position as well, though he has Plummer in front of in for the forseeable future.

JordanPippenRodman 09-01-2006 01:47 AM

one more thing about the Golden Boy, he's got the best weapons in the NFL. yes, i would take Boldin, Fitzgerald, Pope, James, ect. over the Colts' and Bengals' weapons. Yet, both of those teams have obvious superior QB play.

bigkingsfan 09-01-2006 01:48 AM

I'll go with Cutler for now, Denver does a good job at developing QB's. Arizona has all the weapons but when was the last time they made the playoffs?

JordanPippenRodman 09-01-2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
I'll go with Cutler for now, Denver does a good job at developing QB's. Arizona has all the weapons but when was the last time they made the playoffs?


this year, i got them taking a wild card.

PP34Deuce 09-01-2006 01:52 AM

if Vince young gets it all together, then i see a Randall Cunningham type of player.......

raiderfan19 09-01-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
if Vince young gets it all together, then i see a Randall Cunningham type of player.......

Vince is alot bigger and a good bit better runner than randall was. The question will be will vince be able to display the power in the pros he did in college. I dont think it will work quite as well but i think it will work alot better than people think.

Overall, Vince has the highest ceiling if he puts it all together while leinart is the safest bet.

SmokyMcNasty 09-01-2006 02:03 AM

Leinart has a noodle arm. He won't be a star in the pros. But you never know with all those weapons in Arizona..

Vince Young is obviously the biggest boom-or-bust out of the three. I'm leaning more towards boom. Sure his throwing motion is weird and he played out of the shotgun primarily in college. But the guy just has a feel for the game and he's a natural leader. You can't teach that. He didn't even run the 40 that fast. But his game-speed is faster than his timed-speed..

Despite Leinart and Young being the stars, I think Cutler will end up being the best of the bunch. Cannon for an arm, accurate, good mobility, I can't really find a flaw in his game.

raiderfan19 09-01-2006 02:14 AM

Vince is faster than you think in the 40 and its largely because a lot of people lie about their 40 times. VT is the most notable example of this. Ever VT player loses at least 2 tenths at the combine. Also, a LOT of nfl people questioned the USC pro day stats. Matt leinart vert jumped 38. That is the same thing as Devin Harris. Justice verted 37.

As for vince, he ran a 4.48 after just taking off his sweats and running once. That means if he ran it again he would probably run somewhere around a 4.4 flat and he has always said he runs a 4.42 so that makes sense. The thing about the game speed is that pads dont hurt him running which is why he has great game speed while some track guys cant run with pads.

e.e. cummings 09-01-2006 02:39 AM

one two three
one two
three
one
two
three

one for me

- e.e.

scipio 09-01-2006 02:44 AM

Quote:

Vince is faster than you think in the 40 and its largely because a lot of people lie about their 40 times. VT is the most notable example of this. Ever VT player loses at least 2 tenths at the combine. Also, a LOT of nfl people questioned the USC pro day stats. Matt leinart vert jumped 38. That is the same thing as Devin Harris. Justice verted 37.

As for vince, he ran a 4.48 after just taking off his sweats and running once. That means if he ran it again he would probably run somewhere around a 4.4 flat and he has always said he runs a 4.42 so that makes sense. The thing about the game speed is that pads dont hurt him running which is why he has great game speed while some track guys cant run with pads.

Any forty time not run at the combine is suspect. Every other forty is clocked by hand, which is ridiculously inaccurate. I ran a sub 5 forty once when clocked by hand, and that was complete bs. I don't know if Vince ran at the combine, but I doubt that he did. It can really only hurt a player's stock.

JordanPippenRodman 09-01-2006 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e.e. cummings
one two three
one two
three
one
two
three

one for me

- e.e.


:applause: bravo! bravo! you should write a book.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 09-01-2006 08:39 AM

--Vince Young
--Matt Leinart
--Jay Cutler

one thing i'll say for the people who are saying leinart will be amazing in the league, leinart will not be better then eli manning

raiderfan19 09-01-2006 09:26 AM

Vince ran at UT. It is recognized as legit. About 200 people timed him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy