Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Oklahoma City Thunder Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2009 Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98494)

Buffalobraves 08-05-2008 07:52 PM

2009 Draft [Updated 2/18]

We have multiple first round picks and a second. Who do you guys see us taking?

Here is my Oklahoma City Thunder mock draft:

Round 1 pick #3 overall: Ricky Rubio, PG DKV Joventut
*Blake Griffen was already taken for this pick. I'm not pretty much sure that Westbrook isn't the true PG I want for this team by now. I think Westbrok can be a slashing SG. Where he can't shoot as well as most SGs Durant and Green make up for it because they can shoot well for their positions. We already have 3 scorers in Westbrook, Durant, and Green we just need a set up man so they can get their points. I think Rubio is the perfect guy for that job. Rubio is one of the best passers I have ever seen. I think he plays good enough defense.

Stats

Round 1 pick #24 overall: BJ Mullens,C Ohio State
This might be a bit of a homer, him dropping this far but it's possible. He didn't really prove much in college but he has a lot of potential. Our big men are weak and it would be nice to add a 7 footer.

Stats/Profile

Buffalobraves 08-05-2008 09:02 PM

Re: 2009 Draft

Is Ibaka coming next year or is it the year after?
If he is coming next year...

Crazy Athletic Line-up

PG-Westbrook/Lawson
SG-Durant/Weaver/Meeks
SF-Green/Mason/Johnson
PF-Collison/Hill/White/
C-Chandler/Ibaka/Krstic

Buffalobraves 08-11-2008 01:02 AM

Delete

CaptainOwlClub 10-14-2008 02:45 PM

the top 5 players in the 09 draft are

austin daye 6-11 pf gonzaga
blake griffen 6-9 sf/pf oklahoma
brandon jennings 6-1 pg
ricky rubio 6-4 pg
james johnson 6-8 sf wake forest

with a top 5 pick maybe thunder needs to go w daye or griffen

thabeet is the only c worth thinking about w a lottery pick- thunder need to find a #2 scorer for the c spot which thabeet isn't- thabeet backing up for a fa signing like okur might be perfect

the other player in the 10-15 area that imo could be perfect is stephan curry 6-1 pg from davidson- curry is the top shooter in the draft and could help the scoring from the 6th man role

ThunderCover 10-15-2008 12:14 PM

Look for Presti to work a deal to get hometown hero Blake Griffen.

A 3 point marksman would be the second priority.

Dasher 10-15-2008 12:15 PM

If Westbrook proves to be more of an undersized 2, I would roll with Jennings and trot out this lineup:

Jennings PG
Westbrooks SG
Durant SF
Collison PF
Wilcox C

6th Man:Jeff Green

With the Spurs pick pray that Andrew Ogilvy falls into your lap.

dab0yech0 10-20-2008 02:30 AM

If you guys draft Darren Collison then you will have 3 UCLA guards. Might as well do some trades and deals and bring in Afflalo, Mbah a Moute, and draft Shipp lol

insidehoops 10-25-2008 03:12 AM

if they take a center they better make sure he's a "sure thing" to at least be an "ok" starting center. Enough of these 7-foot busts already

Buffalobraves 10-25-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
if they take a center they better make sure he's a "sure thing" to at least be an "ok" starting center. Enough of these 7-foot busts already

I hear that but if we keep drafting them one has to turn out decent right? :banghead:

I'd rather have Thabeet then Griffen hometown hero or not you have to do what will make your team best.

ThunderCover 10-26-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
I hear that but if we keep drafting them one has to turn out decent right? :banghead:

I'd rather have Thabeet then Griffen hometown hero or not you have to do what will make your team best.

Thabeet isn't in Griffins league. Most consider Griffin to be the most NBA ready player in college basketball going in to this season, including Kansas's Bill Self....

"Self stressed Oklahoma is the obvious No. 1 squad in the conference despite the fact just six points separated the top four teams.

“They have the best player in the country in my opinion. I think they have the No. 1 player in the (NBA) draft in Blake Griffin,” Self said. “He is a viable candidate for national player of the year. They recruited well and have some other key pieces returning."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/oc...n_big_12_poll/

Thabeet on the other hand, is another tall project known primarily for his height and defensive presence but with an unrefined offensive game. He is another oversees transplant who hasn't been playing for very long. We already have a couple of those.

Drafting Thabeet over Griffin would be foolish.

Buffalobraves 10-27-2008 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCover
Thabeet isn't in Griffins league. Most consider Griffin to be the most NBA ready player in college basketball going in to this season, including Kansas's Bill Self....

"Self stressed Oklahoma is the obvious No. 1 squad in the conference despite the fact just six points separated the top four teams.

“They have the best player in the country in my opinion. I think they have the No. 1 player in the (NBA) draft in Blake Griffin,” Self said. “He is a viable candidate for national player of the year. They recruited well and have some other key pieces returning."

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2008/oc...n_big_12_poll/

Thabeet on the other hand, is another tall project known primarily for his height and defensive presence but with an unrefined offensive game. He is another oversees transplant who hasn't been playing for very long. We already have a couple of those.

Drafting Thabeet over Griffin would be foolish.

I haven't seen much of Griffin so you are probably right if you have. I just like Thabeet's defense which we could deffinitly use some improving on.

RainierBeachPoet 10-27-2008 09:14 AM

already thinking about the 2009 draft while the 2008 season hasnt even started
:oldlol:

Looten Plunder 10-27-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

Hating on a team you loved just a few months ago is low, even for you RBP. Please for your sanity get over it. Sour grapes do not make good wine.

ThunderCover 10-28-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet

Yea RBP, thats exactly what I'm talking about. 07-08 didn't matter because those fans no longer mattered. 08-09 didn't matter because OKC would support the new team unconditionally.

It's been about 09-10, from the day they bought the team...

Buffalobraves 11-03-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderCover
Yea RBP, thats exactly what I'm talking about. 07-08 didn't matter because those fans no longer mattered. 08-09 didn't matter because OKC would support the new team unconditionally.

It's been about 09-10, from the day they bought the team...

Thats true. To be honest this season dosen't mean anything to me as long as they are beating teams like Minnesota and Memphis. I just want to see improvement.