Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Charlotte should be commended (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=992)

Run&Gun=Fun 06-10-2006 02:10 AM

Charlotte should be commended

Felton, Okafor, Wallace, May no3 this year.... As soon as they convince a top FA agent to sign( probably next off season) they are going to be a top team in the east.

They have done it well been patient and avoided bad contracts and the temptation of star players.

Who do you think they should pick this year? and what Free agent would you think can get this team far into the playoffs?

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
Felton, Okafor, Wallace, May no3 this year.... As soon as they convince a top FA agent to sign( probably next off season) they are going to be a top team in the east.

They have done it well been patient and avoided bad contracts and the temptation of star players.

Who do you think they should pick this year? and what Free agent would you think can get this team far into the playoffs?

Hello Run & Gun=Fun, you seem like a real gentleman that knows how to rhyme. Are you an M.C. , do you write childrens books? Is your name some kind of riddle?

As for the pick, my sources tell me that they like Gay.

SleepyCorpse 06-10-2006 02:17 AM

I dunno about that, all they did was go with the safe pick year after year. As of today they still lack a star, unless you think felton is it. The team is going to be a barely makes playoff team year after year at this rate. Their draft position will get getting worse since the team is getting better, just wont be enough, they have no bench, say okafor comes back with a great year, he's gonna command close to max. I dunno about their special salary deal but i doubt they can sign more than one more max player and with how the team's gonna need to grow, felton if he's their star is gonna need max as well.

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

what Free agent would you think can get this team far into the playoffs?

I think they should sign G..D, with him anything is possible, with him running the point they could make the playoffs, he's a really good passer.

Run&Gun=Fun 06-10-2006 02:37 AM

My name is indeed a reflection of my somewhat outstanding rhyming prowess.

Do you know what i mean Jellybean?

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
he's a really good passer.

That's an understatement, He is a perfect passer.

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

My name is indeed a reflection of my somewhat outstanding rhyming prowess.

Do you know what i mean Jellybean?

As Tim Hardaway would say- "You got Skcillllzzz"

Da KO King 06-10-2006 09:16 AM

Forgive the ignorance but who the hell is GD?

ShannonElements 06-10-2006 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da KO King
Forgive the ignorance but who the hell is GD?

I don't know who they're talking about either...

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 10:25 AM

He is the top PG in the Saudi League and he took Providence College to the elite eight.

FPower 06-10-2006 11:03 AM

Next year's free agent class is going to be great with Pierce, Billups, Vince, Rashard Lewis, Hinrich, Josh Howard, Nocioni, Varejao, Pietrus, Magloire, David West, Darko, Diaw, Barbosa, Travis Outlaw, Mo Pete, etc...

Charlotte is in position to offer two max contracts at that time, or make a bunch of smaller, more frugal moves.

If they throw a ton of cash at say, Billups and Pierce, they instantly have a nasty, nasty team.

SecondFiddle 06-10-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPower
Next year's free agent class is going to be great with Pierce, Billups, Vince, Rashard Lewis, Hinrich, Josh Howard, Nocioni, Varejao, Pietrus, Magloire, David West, Darko, Diaw, Barbosa, Travis Outlaw, Mo Pete, etc...

Charlotte is in position to offer two max contracts at that time, or make a bunch of smaller, more frugal moves.

If they throw a ton of cash at say, Billups and Pierce, they instantly have a nasty, nasty team.

Billups and Pierce, Don't Book It!

bjtrdff 06-10-2006 11:41 AM

No dice

No way they would or should get for Pierce and/or Billups. They need to stay the course, try to sign one max player, and then get a few veterans to help lead the team. They have a lot of great pieces now, as Gun pointed out, with this years pick, a major FA signing and a couple veteran bangers, they could have a special team.
Too bad they only average 10 fans a game.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-10-2006 11:43 AM

Re:

[IMG]http://www.thesnowboard.org/board/images/smiles/********s-vi.gif[/IMG]

Heretik32 06-10-2006 11:48 AM

Charlotte are looking to shop Knight, so I guess they'll sign a FA PG.