View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 01:14 AM   #1
$LakerGold
Home of the 16

Lightbulb Have you ever been on fire?

Like for a day & no one could literally stop you from making all those shots. It happened to me twice. Once during a full court game & I was about 9 years old at that time, second time was when I was 13 playing full court with the grown ups. It was like something just triggered inside me & lit up. I would still miss shots, but I would make them 90% of the time. But then again, both were only for a day, & it never came back after that. The first time, I only played 1 game and went home afterwards, the second time, I probably played like 3 or 4 full court games & just lit the place up. It felt so surreal.

Tmac was talking about THE shooters mentality in one of the segments of "Open Court" & I had flashbacks back to when I experienced it when he was talking about Lebron catching on fire back in the '13 Finals. I think he said - "Once you're on fire, there's not a thing that can stop you." Sort of something along those lines.

It was so surreal. Haven't thought about those moments for a while until Tmac talked about it. I wonder if it's going to happen to me again. I mean, I'm not as good as I used to be, but it would be great if I get to experience it again in a league game or a pickup game at least.

Pretty amazing for it to happen to a person like me. I don't know why it did, I guess my brain was just comfortable with the grip? Fascinating.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote